What Grinds Your Gears Reloaded...Again

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
    Oh, one would think. However, I spoke to the teacher and he was insistent that we needed to hand in all homework and came up with some BS reasoning.

I probably could have gone to like the department head or something and made my case, but it was a summer school class at the community college and I decided it wasn't worth wasting my time. We were supposed to write like 1-2 page "short answers" in Spanish, I ended up writing like 5 sentences for each assignment, turning them in, and still ended with an A. So idk if it was just the teacher BSing about grading them or what, but it worked out.

This reminds me of another situation that grinds my gears involving school. My freshman year of college we had a lecture of like 120 kids, so it was relatively small for a lecture. In the syllabus and the first class they explained we would have quizzes as part of the grade, but we would do them electronically. Everyone was to buy a little remote control, and they would have the quizzes during class and you would answer the multiple choice on the screen by using your remote (we turned something in with our remote ID # so they know who is who). So quizzes were to count for like 10-15% and the remote cost like $40-50, yea ripoff. So the 2nd week we opened the remotes, handed in this paper that came with it with the remote's ID number and had a practice quiz. Didn't have one quiz the rest of the semester. So, not only did they put something in the syllabus that we never had, they made us shell out $40 for these things we didn't use and then had us open them so now we couldn't return them. Awesome.
    I would like to just sit back and let loose about all the things my college did that pissed me off, but when I think about, I got away with soooo much more that what they screwed me out of.

Like, 2nd semester of my freshman year, I was in this Visual Arts class they make pretty much every freshman take. It's a big lecture class they can just cram freshman into so they get 3 elective credits since they didn't want to open up more seats in useful classes....

Well anyway, I was acing it and the final was optional. If you like the grade you got on your first 3 tests, you didn't have to take it. Well I got all As on them, so I wasn't going to do it.....but then a friend of a friend was also in the class and really needed a good grade on the final to pass. So, through our mutual friend, she asked me to take it for her. She paid me $20 bucks and offered to give me weed too. So I took her up on it, memorized how to write her name all girly and also the last 4 digits of her soc. Took it, got an A, and she passed. And I got money and weed. Awesome.

I pretty much destroyed college....I wish I were back there....sigh.

Comment

• I would have asked for some dome as well, that's just me though.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
        I would have asked for some dome as well, that's just me though.
        No, not this one........really loose porker.

Comment

• PICS or GTFO (everybody run to the WYHI thread)

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Definitely WNHI. Kinda didn't even want to get too close to it....

Comment

• So last night I did one section of one chapter. Every chapter has 5 sections of HW and there are 8 chapters. :D

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
              Originally posted by fenikz
              we all hate you

Comment

• This article.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ing/index.html

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                  All I needed to see was the title. Sigh.......

I'm all for saying no field goals in OT, but that's about the extent I'll go. Coaches just need to grow a pair and go for it more often. TMQ points it out all the time that going for it on 4th and less than 2 works out a lot more often than not.

Comment

• As a Bills fan, I want to see Chan Gailey announce that he will be going for it every 4th down if it is 2 yards or less. Why the hell not?
                    When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                      As a Bills fan, I want to see Chan Gailey announce that he will be going for it every 4th down if it is 2 yards or less. Why the hell not?
                      Because there would inevitably be a time they'd fail, give the other team a short field, and then they'd score a TD. And he'd be looked at as a gambling fool.

I'd totally love to see someone try it though. I think TMQ has it that you should go for it on 4th and 1 from your own 40 on, and then go for it on 4th and two in opponents territory. He's cited examples of high school teams doing it and they're almost always better off for it.

Comment

• In fairness though, high school punters cannot punt and almost all HS scoring drives involve a huge play that usually goes for a TD. It's not like the NFL where giving a team the ball at the 50 really impacts their chances of scoring. If a HS team gets the ball on the 50 or their own 20, it doesn't impact whether or not they get a really long scoring play.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                        Originally posted by njx9
                        do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

• Yea I don't think you should go for it if it's 4th and 2 or less. Bucs were at falcons one yard line and it was 4th down and they didn't get it. Then the falcons drove 99 yards and got a TD. Bucs should of kicked the FG on that one.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
                          02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
                          02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
                          02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
                          Originally posted by fenikz
                          we all hate you

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                            I'd totally love to see someone try it though. I think TMQ has it that you should go for it on 4th and 1 from your own 40 on, and then go for it on 4th and two in opponents territory. He's cited examples of high school teams doing it and they're almost always better off for it.
                            your high school didn't often go for it on 4th-and-short? ****, in Texas they do that all the time, especially if your team is good.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              your high school didn't often go for it on 4th-and-short? ****, in Texas they do that all the time, especially if your team is good.
                              I went to a rural central Pennsylvania high school.....we had offensive lineman of less than 200 pounds and a QB who was like 5'5 and a girl kicker for most of my senior year. I think we attempted like 10 passes all season.....all play action roll outs to the right where the QB either kept it and ran or threw it like 10 yards to the TE.

Texas high school teams could probably beat a lot of low level college programs.

Comment

• Originally posted by BeerBaron View Post
                                Texas high school teams could probably beat a lot of low level college programs.
                                well, considering our RB was Emanuel Moody of UF and our QB started at Miami (OH) for a couple seasons; it's possible.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information