Football Advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Advice

I made a thread like this last year... I couldn't find it so I'll make a new one. I am 14 years old going to be a sophomore at my high school, if you remember from last time I was 6'0 145 I believe, now I am 6'1 172 and I ran a 4.9... now I am playing OLB in a 3-4 defense, this is JV because unfortunately I have been moved to a new school district where they just made a new school so there are only freshman and sophomores.

I'd really like some advice on how to play the OLB position, I seem to cut in too much while containing, but I am a very good pass rusher. I'm a wrap-up tackler, very fluid, and is always around the ball, so I guess I have good instincts. My problems stem from containment, when I go head-up vs the tackle, or even the fullback I seem to cut in too much and I also seem to be a finesse type backer and try to avoid the lineman altogether instead of going head up and pushing him back. I am the favorite to win the position but I'd like to be the best I possibly can be.

Bone Krusher, the best

Stop being a guido...

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
      Stop being a guido...
      I am trying my best!

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Eat a sandwich.

Also, get aggressive and stop being a cooter. ;)

Comment

Nice thread. Im looking to start playing over here in the u.k.

Im like 5'9" 150 and pretty fast, so that retty much narrows it down to CB or WR. I know that sounds small, but teams are generally smaller over here, so it shouldnt be a problem.

Any info on techniques to learn, training regiments etc? That would be cool. And rep would be given.

Thanks peeps.

Comment

Get faster.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Well, I am not afraid of contact... I might be playing FB as well as OLB, I just seem to just find it easier to go around him, but then usually I cut in too much, it really doesn't hurt me unless they run a reverse, I am faster than most on the team... yes with a 4.9... I think the fastest was a 4.69, then 4.8, then some 4.9ss, and then 5s, and then just a lot of slow people.

Obviously I am trying to get faster.... as you saw with my guidoness I have not been working out just drinking, but I am going to stop that and dedicate myself, but I think its pretty good that I just woke-up and ran a 4.9 without any training at all.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Did you start doing squats like I told you to last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Sniper View Post
                  Did you start doing squats like I told you to last year?
                  I have been but not consistently enough... I do not know exactly how much I squat because the gym in my house has a balanced thing so its not really exact and I don't have a spotter so I can't exactly push myself too hard.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                    I have been but not consistently enough... I do not know exactly how much I squat because the gym in my house has a balanced thing so its not really exact and I don't have a spotter so I can't exactly push myself too hard.
                    Go to your school weight room. Put weight on the bar. Squat. Squat. Squat. When you're done squatting, deadlift. Do power cleans. Lunges. Step-ups.

Comment

Well, I am not afraid of contact... I might be playing FB as well as OLB, I just seem to just find it easier to go around him, but then usually I cut in too much, it really doesn't hurt me unless they run a reverse, I am faster than most on the team... yes with a 4.9... I think the fastest was a 4.69, then 4.8, then some 4.9ss, and then 5s, and then just a lot of slow people.

Obviously I am trying to get faster.... as you saw with my guidoness I have not been working out just drinking, but I am going to stop that and dedicate myself, but I think its pretty good that I just woke-up and ran a 4.9 without any training at all.
                      were you timed at your own start or did you get a start signal when timing the 40 cuz if its proper 40 dashes than you have one slow team hombre.
                      But seriously I can help you a bit in being a good athlete, not specifically football.
                      Couple of advices for your overall athletisism:
                      - watch your diet, you are what you eat
                      - work on your balance, to put it simple, if you trip over something you shouldnt fall.
                      - there is not a time you cant working on stretches and stuff making you more nimble and stuff

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
                      - No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
                      - Corner or Wideout in the first
                      - No reaching
                      - No Kelvin Benjamin

Comment

Go to your school weight room. Put weight on the bar. Squat. Squat. Squat. When you're done squatting, deadlift. Do power cleans. Lunges. Step-ups.
                        Yeah I have really not been an athlete, and I regret that I am turning over a new leaf and maybe I'll rid my guidoness in the process.. I really want to be the best I possibly can be hopefully I can stick with that, I will definitely hit the weight room.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Originally posted by wicket View Post
                          were you timed at your own start or did you get a start signal when timing the 40 cuz if its proper 40 dashes than you have one slow team hombre.
                          But seriously I can help you a bit in being a good athlete, not specifically football.
                          Couple of advices for your overall athletisism:
                          - watch your diet, you are what you eat
                          - work on your balance, to put it simple, if you trip over something you shouldnt fall.
                          - there is not a time you cant working on stretches and stuff making you more nimble and stuff
                          We are slow... its just freshmen and sophomores, thats the whole school.

I have been tripped once or twice in game, I manage to stay on my feet when I truck someone or try to get crack-backed, but a couple of times I have tripped on someone, but I also have played the last two days with a slightly pulled hamstring.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Yeah I have really not been an athlete, and I regret that I am turning over a new leaf and maybe I'll rid my guidoness in the process.. I really want to be the best I possibly can be hopefully I can stick with that, I will definitely hit the weight room.
                            Get someone who knows their **** to teach you things like squats, deads and cleans. You'll kill yourself with bad technique.

Comment

Get someone who knows their **** to teach you things like squats, deads and cleans. You'll kill yourself with bad technique.
                              I am going to get my coach to help me out once the weight room opens, the school is brand new and actually under construction still... I have also asked around if anyone new any trainers that would be willing to come to my house's gym for pay obviously and just train me.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information