Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disney to buy Marvel

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090831/...tertainment_16

"The Walt Disney Co. is buying Marvel Entertainment Inc. for $4 billion in cash and stock, bringing such characters as Iron Man and Spider-Man into the family of Mickey Mouse and WALL-E.

Under the deal, which was announced Monday and is expected to close by the end of the year, Disney will acquire the rights to 5,000 Marvel characters. Many of them, including the Fantastic Four and the X-Men, were co-created by the comic book legend Stan Lee."

I can't wait for The Incredible X-Men vs The Jonas Brothers

Comment

I don't like the sound of it....but whatever.

Comment

Wow really interesting move. I'm very curious to see where this relationship goes. If they let Marvel keep everything as is then it should be fine but I hope Disney doesn't meddle into Marvel that much.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

This is interesting indeed. Not only because Disney does have some of the better creative minds in the business at their disposal, but also because it states that Disney acquired some characters that were previously owned by not just Marvel, but Fox as well. Does this mean that Spidey, Xmen, and Fantastic 4 movies will now be helmed by Disney, with Marvel there as well? Because that would be fantastic news, and we can finally stop letting Fox ruin good franchises. That said, I really hope that Marvel is allowed to continue to contribute creatively to these projects, because Iron Man and The Incredible Hulk were both great movies and I hope they set the standard for what is to come. Interesting to see where it goes at least
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Noooooooo. That's probably the worst ******* thing that could happen to Marvel. I can totally see Disney ******* up all the good comics.

Comment

We are going to see the new Iron Man made into a musical
              Originally posted by SunTzu_22
              Just let it go RWO.
              We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

I saw this earlier. I think it's definitely great for Disney to acquire Marvel, for marketing and adding a whole new area to use. However, I want to see how Disney uses Marvel now on that side. Will this change the movies, comics, etc. now? I don't know but I guess we can wait and see.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!

Comment

As a comic fan, no worries unless Disney affects Marvel's creative abilities.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

or ability to create.
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

I own Marvel stock so can you say 25% increase in one day? :) YEAH!

Comment

Hopefully the only change to the comics themselves is the addition of subtle, understated product placement.

Comment

I think Disney got a steal for 4 billion. If Pixar was able to sell for almost 8 billion then Marvel should have been a little bit higher than 4 billion. I am surprised Marvel sold. Their profits went up 70% even during the recession.

Comment

Seems like an odd fit, with Marvel's movie rights already sold. 4 billion is awfully cheap, though.
                            Last edited by Tampa 2 4 life; 08-31-2009, 05:23 PM.

Comment

I wonder if instead of the Marvel vs Capcom video game they will now have Marvel vs Micky Mouse and friends? I would buy it, no joke.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
                              I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information