PF28 28-19 (4-3) .596
    KCJ 78-68 (13-7) .534
    ATL 42-38 (6-4) .525
    Sniper 60-55 (12-4) .522
    JBalla 27-28 (4-5) .491
    *TJS 39-46 (BYE) .459
    *Jug 23-31 (8-6) .426
    Borat 25-41 (5-10) .379

Capper of the Week(s): MaxV went an impressive 9-1 to move up from 5th overall to second. Well done Max. SuperMcGee hit 13 of 20 picks to maintain the top spot and take the most wins crown for the week. Sniper had a solid 12 of 16 effort. BD had 11 wins and GF hit 4 of 5.

Capper of the Weak: BORAT. 5-10. Go put your dunce cap on now. Thanks.

Group: Collectively we are 532-456, a .538 win percentage. Starting to really pick it up. We went 89-53, a very lucrative .627 win percentage. Great week for just about everyone, except one loser that should just have a fat chick sit on his hands to keep him from typing in bets. Let's keep it rolling. Borat, stop picking so many games. You're bringing everyone else down.

Alright boys, it's back and better than ever.

Here's a quick run through of the rules:

1) You're required to pick a minimum of 5 games between the NCAA and NFL per week, starting with the first NFL/College week of Sep 10th. The first college games will be played on Thursday, Sept. 3rd. This first week of college games are a free-for-all in that you may pick as many games as you'd like. I'll post the spreads before the first college game. Starting next week, and for every following week, you will pick from 5 to 20 games in a given week. No more, no less. There are no parameters for college/NFL. You may choose all NFL if you like. Just make sure you choose no more than 20. If you choose more than 20, we will only score your first 20.

2) You will be allowed one bye week which must be used on or before Dec 30th. This bye week is optional, and is the result of valid concerns about whether or not we'll all be able to be here so consistently for such a long period of time. Also, there will be a 1 win penalty if you end up using this bye week. This is being put into place to stress to people that it's preferred that you play every week and to prevent people from hiding in the corner. Once you've missed a week, there will be an asterisk posted next to your name in the standings as an indicator of such. That way we can keep track. It's not a Barry Bonds asterisk or anything, but if you miss another week you'll be eliminated from the competition. If you know you'll be missing a week, but you still want to make picks, you can pick blind in advance if you choose to do so. Just make the post AND pm me to let me know. Some of us can pretty accurately predict some of the spreads before they come out, so I could see somebody exercising this option if they needed to. This likely won't happen, but I wouldn't want anybody to be eliminated when it could have been avoided.

3) When it comes to Bowl Season, you'll be required to pick at least 12 of the total bowl games on the slate, and you must pick all of the BCS bowls. You're also required to pick 6 of the 11 NFL playoff games, and picking the Super Bowl is a requirement. These high minimums are being put into place to prevent a leader from hiding in the corner, and to kinda tighten the screws and up the difficulty level when it comes to crunch time. There's really no reason for anybody to not be able to pick the biggest games of the year. This will also help prevent an anti-climactic ending to this competition, if that's possible.

4) You must use the spreads posted here each week. I will peel these from one of the more reputable wagering sites such as betcris or bodog and have them posted as early in the week as possible. Spreads change throughout the week. Especially in the NCAA. For this competition, uniformity is paramount. So whatever is posted here, is what goes. Everybody will use the exact same spreads for each game. This will eliminate any disputes and just make things clean and fair. Also remember that your posts containing your picks is time-stamped within your post. If you make a pick after the time of kickoff, it won't count.

5) Don't cloud up your pick post with a bunch of comments. Just tell me who you got in list form. Please limit your total picks for the week to a single post if possible. This is not a requirement though. Just try not to get too crazy and make a post for every single game you play. Also, DO NOT EDIT YOUR PICK POST. Ever. If you do, it will be invalidated and you will be penalized 5 wins and your bye week will be used. If you make a mistake, leave the post up and make another below it indicating what happened. Once I see this I'll pm you, and you will be able to edit that first post. This is how edits will be done in this thread. This rule is being put into place to prevent people from deleting picks at a time when they still have at least 5 picks left to be played. I can't keep constant track of everybody's picks so this rule is needed to eliminate any temptation to cheat. The extreme 5 win + loss of bye penalty is necessary to prevent people from tanking an o'fer in favor of a minor penalty.

6) Scoring. To lighten the load on me (I got super burned out on this last year), I'm going to be using a new way of scoring. At the end of the week (post MNF), you'll be required to quote your previous post(s) that contain your selections. Then in the post section below, you will provide the scoring by marking a W/L or Push for each of your picks. Also, everyone will be responsible for the person's score that posted above you i.e. if Sniper posts his score and then I post my score. It is my responsibility to make sure his score is accurate. This can be easily done by hitting the button on the quoted post that will take you to his picks and also you can be sure the timing of the post was prior to the start of the game etc. You only have to check one person and this will keep this competition from becoming too much work for me.

7) Pushes do not count. If you push, just be glad it doesn't show up in the loss column. This is about wins and losses. The highest winning percentage wins.

8) The winner will be determined by who has the highest winning percentage through the Super Bowl. Although it's highly likely the winner will be known before then. In the extremely unlikely event of a tie, the tie breaker will be determined by total points scored in the Super Bowl.

9) These rules may be amended. I just thought this up and probably haven't thought of everything yet.

10) You are allowed one parlay per week. You do not have to do a parlay. It's purely optional. You must win all the selections in your parlay to win. A push will be considered a lost parlay unless you parlayed more than 3 teams. If you parlayed 4 teams and won 3 with 1 push, then you'll be awarded a parlay win. A parlay win is worth 2 wins. A parlay loss is worth only 1 loss.

Have fun.
    Last edited by Borat; 10-30-2009, 05:11 PM. Reason: Standings updated 10-30-09
    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Boom! Roasted.

In this.

Comment

I'm in and loving Alabama on Saturday.

Comment

In case you guys didn't read them, I amended the rules to allow for how I want to do the scoring:

6) Scoring. To lighten the load on me (I got super burned out on this last year), I'm going to be using a new way of scoring. At the end of the week (post MNF), you'll be required to quote your previous post(s) that contain your selections. Then in the post section below, you will provide the scoring by marking a W/L or Push for each of your picks. Also, everyone will be responsible for the person's score that posted above you i.e. if Sniper posts his score and then I post my score. It is my responsibility to make sure his score is accurate. This can be easily done by hitting the button on the quoted post that will take you to his picks and also you can be sure the timing of the post was prior to the start of the game etc. You only have to check one person and this will keep this competition from becoming too much work for me.
        This should make things go much smoother for me.
        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

I'm in this fo' sho.

Comment

Anyone interested in playing can make any amount of picks this week. Starting next week, you'll pick between 5 and 20 games of either NFL or CFB.

Posting CFB lines shortly ....

Comment

I heavily endorse this.

zooma zoom zoom

Comment

Official lines for college football opening week (You may make as many selections as you want). Also, forgive any slight errors. Formatting this thing sucks. Good luck biotches.

09/03/09

Troy -7 Over 56
                BowlingGreen +7 Under 56

SCarolina +5 Over 46.5
                NCState -5 Under 46.5

NorthTexas +16.5 Over 58
                BallSt -16.5 Under 58

UtahSt +20.5 Over 52
                Utah -20.5 Under 52

Oregon +3.5 Over 64
                BoiseSt -3.5 Under 64

Tulsa -14 Over 64.5
                Tulane +14 Under 64.5

Akron +27 Over 59.5
                PennSt -27 Under 59.5

09/05/09

Toledo +10.5 Over 50.5
                Purdue-10.5 Under 50.5

Navy +22 Over 47
                OhioSt-22 Under 47

Kentucky -15 Over 47.5
                MiamiOhio +15 Under 47.5

Minnesota -7 Over 47
                Syracuse +7 Under 47

WKentucky +29.5 Over 45
                TennesseeU -29.5 Under 45

WMichigan +13 Over 56
                Michigan -13 Under 56

Nevada +14.5 Over 61.5
                NotreDame -14.5 Under 61.5

Missouri +6.5 Over 61
                Illinois -6.5 Under 61

Baylor +2.5 Over 53
                WakeForest -2.5 Under 53

SanJoseSt +33 Over 48
                USC -33 Under 48

Rice +5.5 Over 63
                UAB -5.5 Under 63

Stanford -16.5 Over 55
                WashingtonSt +16.5 Under 55

MTennSt +18.5 Over 47
                Clemson -18.5 Under 47

Connecticut -3.5 Over 46.5
                Ohio +3.5 Under 46.5

Army+5.5 Over 47.5
                EMichigan-5.5 Under 47.5

NIllinois +16.5 Over 50.5
                Wisconsin-16.5 Under 50.5

NewMexico +14 Over 55
                TexasA&M -14 Under 55

FloridaAtl +22.5 Over 60
                Nebraska -22.5 Under 60

ULMonroe +41.5 Over 61
                Texas -41.5 Under 61

BYU +22 Over 67.5
                Oklahoma -22 Under 67.5

LouisianaTech +13.5 Over 44
                Auburn -13.5 Under 44

SanDiegoSt +19.5 Over 50
                UCLA -19.5 Under 50

Idaho +2.5 Over 54
                NewMexicoSt -2.5 Under 54

VirginiaTech +6.5 Over 38
                Alabama -6.5 Under 38

BuffaloU +8 Over 62
                UTEP -8 Under 62

CMichigan +13.5 Over 54.5
                ArizonaU -13.5 Under 54.5

Maryland +21 Over 51
                California -21 Under 51

LSU -18 Over 53.5
                WashingtonU +18 Under 53.5

Mississippi -17 Over 54.5
                Memphis +17 Under 54.5

09/06/09

ColoradoSt +10 Over 54
                Colorado -10 Under 54

09/07/09

CincinnatiU +5 Over 48.5
                Rutgers -5 Under 48.5

MiamiFla +6.5 Over 48.5
                FloridaSt -6.5 Under 48.5

Comment

Originally posted by Borat View Post
                  Official lines for college football opening week (You may make as many selections as you want). Also, forgive any slight errors. Formatting this thing sucks. Good luck biotches.

09/03/09

SCarolina +5 Over 46.5
                  NCState -5 Under 46.5

Oregon +3.5 Over 64
                  BoiseSt -3.5 Under 64

Akron +27 Over 59.5
                  PennSt -27 Under 59.5

09/05/09

Nevada +14.5 Over 61.5

SanJoseSt +33 Over 48
                  USC -33 Under 48

Alabama -6.5 Under 38

09/07/09

MiamiFla +6.5 Over 48.5
                  My CFB picks.

Comment

TJ.

FYI, I need you to post the picks outside of my post. Like this .................

SCarolina +5 Over 46.5
                    NCState -5 Under 46.5

That way when we score them, we can hit that "view post" button and it will show your picks. If you just quote mine like you did above, they won't show up.

Comment

09/03/09

SCarolina +5 Over 46.5
                      NCState -5 Under 46.5

Oregon +3.5 Over 64
                      BoiseSt -3.5 Under 64

Akron +27 Over 59.5
                      PennSt -27 Under 59.5

09/05/09

Nevada +14.5 Over 61.5

SanJoseSt +33 Over 48
                      USC -33 Under 48

Alabama -6.5 Under 38

09/07/09

MiamiFla +6.5 Over 48.5

Comment

I'm in.

I'll have my picks for this week in a few minutes.

Comment

Penn State -27
                          Purdue -10.5
                          Navy +22
                          Western Michigan +13
                          BYU +22
                          Alabama -6.5
                          LSU -18
                          Mississippi -17
                          Miami + 6.5

Comment

How did last year's results turn out?

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              How did last year's results turn out?
                              They crashed and burned. My fault. I got tired of doing the scoring and standings and weekly lines and post week write-up etc. Hopefully this new scoring will work out better. PF was winning by a decent amount so we can call him the defending champ.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information