Stereotypes in Video Games

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stereotypes in Video Games

Is it just me, or did you notice some stereotypes in Video Games? For example:

Wario = Mexican

Vega = Homosexual

Zangief = Big strong hairy Russian

Can you name any others? Theres gotta be more.

From Gears of War:

Very stereotypical black guy

Comment

Mike Tyson's Punch Out was one GIANT stereotpye.

Comment

vega was a ladies man, thats why he wears a mask to protect his pretty boy face. i used to watch the street fighter cartoons on usa growing up.

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          Mike Tyson's Punch Out was one GIANT stereotpye.
          Thats right. How can I forget that, lol. Remember the guy that would make his tits bounce after he knocked you out? I hated that *****.

Comment

That guy was from India.

The Asian's last name was Honda

The Spaniard danced around with a rose in his mouth.

The Frenchmen was a p ussy.

The German's name was right out of a Hitler Youth Club.

The Russian would drink Vodka between rounds.

I'll try to think of others.
            Last edited by Jughead10; 03-08-2007, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
              From Gears of War:

The Cole train!

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post

That guy was from India.

The Asian's last name was Honda

The Spaniard danced around with a rose in his mouth.

The Frenchmen was a p ussy.

The German's name was right out of a Hitler Youth Club.

The Russian would drink Vodka between rounds.

I'll try to think of others.
                Lol, I used to have that game on my computer. Its so stereotypical, lol. I could never beat Tyson. He was impossible.

Comment

I think the idea is that Wario and all of the human males in the Mario genre are Italians, not Mexicans. But I guess it works similarly.

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen
                  <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Cybil Bennet – Silent Hill

If you’ve played the original Silent Hill (or seen the movie for that matter) then you can’t forget Cybil Bennet. She’s undoubtedly the hottest dead lesbian leather motorcycle cop we’ve seen to date. Sorry, straight boys, to pop your Cybil wet dream balloon, but if this chick likes d**k then Richard Simmons is out there somewhere right now licking some pus*y! Cybil is pleased to announce that she will be the Grand Marshall at next years Dykes on Bikes parade.
                    Alfred Ashford – Resident Evil: Code Veronica

Who love trannies? We love trannies! Especially crazy ones! Take one Alfred Ashford. A seemingly normal (if not a bit pale) military zealot who take his job very seriously. He dotes on his twin sister Alexia and does whatever she tells him. And boy does she rule with an iron fist! Well, lo and behold, come to find out dear sister Alexia has been in a cryogenic sleep for a number of years gestating the deadly Veronica Virus. So Alfred, in a state of grief, begins to take on Alexias’ personality, speaking in her voice and eventually dressing in her clothes and “being her”. Sure, it’s a touch of Norman Bates, but I think there’s a touch of lavender there to! Ting-a-ling-a-ling!
                    Vamp – Metal Gear Solid Series

It seems like Metal gear Solid is just rife with *** characters! From Raidens’ highly disputed sexuality, to Major Raikov’s don’t ask don’t tell relationship with Col. Volgin and crotch grab stun move in Substinence, MGS is an all out ****-fest. (again I won’t even go in the name Solid Snake) Here we have Vamp. Actually a confirmed bi-sexual, he is a member of the Dead Cell faction of MGS and a boss in the second game. He is also the former lover of Marine Commandant Scott Dolph, father of Fortune, one of the games female characters. He sports vampire like attributes, a van dyke beard, and long stringy hair…talk about your Euro-trash! He may suck co*k, but this fancy fellow can take a bullet to the head and still come back for more!

Comment

Everyone in Football and Basketball video games are black.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                        I think the idea is that Wario and all of the human males in the Mario genre are Italians, not Mexicans. But I guess it works similarly.
                        Na, he's mexican. He rides a lowrider in Mario Kart.

Comment

A mexican with an Italian accent aye

Comment

Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                            From Gears of War:

Cole was originally supposed to be a skinny guy. The character was made and everything.

However, when they were interviewing people to do Cole's voice, they found the current Cole, and decided that they had to have him. They then realised his voice didn't match his body, so they pumped him up.

Comment

There are very few ethnics in any video games, especially the old classics like Zelda. It seems like only the newest console games actually have black/hispanic people. There have always been lots of asians though, of course. How many video games that aren't hip-hop related have a non-white protagonist? It's pretty sad how racist video games are.

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information