Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vaccine for HIV on the Horizon?

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,554783,00.html

First step in the process that will ultimately lead to a true vaccine preventing HIV. Damn...
    Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

I don't buy it.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

If it turns out well, this is the biggest landmark in medical science in years. A vaccine for HIV opens up the possibility for vaccines for all the other dangerous virii in the world.

Comment

I'd rather just wrap my willie than to inject myself with a bunch of random **** they're probably just testing on me.

If there was a cure, then i'd be impressed. There has always been a way to prevent HIV. It's called abstinence and not being a moron.

Comment

Originally posted by Brent View Post
          I don't buy it.
          I didn't at first either, but this says it "only" reduces the risk by 31% IIRC. Certainly not perfect, but it could be a significant step...

Comment

The vaccine — a combination of two previously unsuccessful vaccines — cut the risk of becoming infected with HIV by more than 31 percent in the world's largest AIDS vaccine trial of more than 16,000 volunteers in Thailand, researchers announced Thursday in Bangkok.
            Not a cure, just a blocking agent. Money makes some weird **** happen. It's for that very reason that I think a cure, where as it may be found, may never be brought to light.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
              I'd rather just wrap my willie than to inject myself with a bunch of random **** they're probably just testing on me.

If there was a cure, then i'd be impressed. There has always been a way to prevent HIV. It's called abstinence and not being a moron.
              HAHAHA, yeah, def agree there, but I figured it would be something people would be interested in, spark up some debate...

Comment

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post

There's other ways to get HIV...

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                  Not a cure, just a blocking agent. Money makes some weird **** happen. It's for that very reason that I think a cure, where as it may be found, may never be brought to light.
                  Shhhhhh! You don't want The Man to see this, do you?
                  "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                  ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

How do you know I'm not "The Man"?

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by dolphinfan2k5 View Post
                      There's other ways to get HIV...
                      okay don't share dirty needles, razor blades, dirty toilet seats that have blood stains on them.

Don't have blood transfusions without checking the blood first.

I'm pretty sure if your not a moron you can avoid this stuff.

Comment

Didn't we see the south park episode, cancer is what we should be going after!

But yeah, this is a groundbreaking medical advance

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
                        Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

ahahh tahts right just inject 275,000 dollars into your blood stream your good.

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                            How do you know I'm not "The Man"?
                            CJ, you are the man, we're just not sure if we need quotations around it too...

Comment

Originally posted by bhaarat316 View Post
                              okay don't share dirty needles, razor blades, dirty toilet seats that have blood stains on them.

Don't have blood transfusions without checking the blood first.

I'm pretty sure if your not a moron you can avoid this stuff.
                              Yeah, thanks. That's what i meant by not being a moron. If you're sharing needles, you're probably better off not polluting this world some more.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information