Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
    Got a late christmas gift, the blindside. Looking forward to reading it after seeing the movie.
    The movie does a great job of portraying how great of a story the Michael Oher situation really is. But, even as Oher pointed out, the movie makes him look 'stupid' when he started high school football.

    Thankfully the book shows how it really was...He was a natural and dominated almost from the start. A little too much Hollywood made him look confused when he strapped on a helmet, not true.

    In this case, the book is better in my opinion.

    Comment




    • WATCHMEN!

      Comment


      • Books are 95% better than the movie usually.
        #Chop


        sig by BoneKrusher

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
          Oh God, I plowed through that book in about a week. Having a book that I'm legitimately interested in makes reading fun...yes, I said fun.
          I've heard nothing but GLOWING things about it and I've been so broke I haven't been able to read a book in a month. Really want it to arrive :(

          R.I.P. Junior Seau

          Comment


          • Finished Last Words the George Carlin semi autobiography. Spent all of today reading it and **** it was fantastic. I already respected the hell out of Carlin and consider him an inspiration but the book just made my love the man even more.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
              Finished Last Words the George Carlin semi autobiography. Spent all of today reading it and **** it was fantastic. I already respected the hell out of Carlin and consider him an inspiration but the book just made my love the man even more.
              I considered picking that up.

              On another note, I'm 150 pages into Tucker Max's book and literally bored. It's all the same after a while.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                Books are 95% better than the movie usually.
                That goes with out saying.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                  Books are 95% better than the movie usually.

                  I would go 70%, actually. There are more movies that are superior than you would think.

                  Comment


                  • the book series which true blood is based off of is not great, the show is way better

                    Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
                      I considered picking that up.

                      On another note, I'm 150 pages into Tucker Max's book and literally bored. It's all the same after a while.
                      Thats because Tucker Max is the epitome of what is wrong with the current generation and contributes to the stupid frat boy stereotype which not only gives guys actually able to hold a conversation about something other then beer, sex, or their dick size an awful reputation by gender alone, while also influencing several other important mediums as well.

                      I hate that ****.

                      Also, just read The Prince by Niccolo Machiavelli. Been wanting to read it for a while, but never got round to it till the holidays. Nice read, if you want to learn to bury and and all opponents both military and political.
                      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                      The APS is strong in this one.
                      Originally posted by killxswitch
                      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                        Nice read, if you want to learn to bury and and all opponents both military and political.
                        I love The Prince. I dont know why, because I'm not the aggressive/motivated type.

                        Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                        Comment


                        • Appropriate for this thread, not a New Yr's resolution: How many books did you read last yr? List them here if you wish.

                          My best guess was 8:
                          • Tijuana Straits, Kem Nunn
                          • Up In Honey's Room, LaBrava, & Road Dogs, Elmore Leonard
                          • Inherent Vice, Thomas Pynchon
                          • Wicked Plants, Amy Smart
                          • Best American Mystery Stories of 2000
                          • I Could Tell You But Then You Would Have to Be Destroyed By Me: Emblems from the Pentagon's Black World, Trevor Paglen

                          I will enter pleas of laziness & too much cable, like they said back in the 80s about cable, 500 CHANNELS & NOTHING IS ON!! Really, really sick of reruns.....

                          I'm hoping to break a dozen books read in 2010.

                          Comment


                          • I bet between university and my own personal reading, I must have burned through about 40 novels last year.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Shiver View Post
                              I would go 70%, actually. There are more movies that are superior than you would think.
                              This I don't believe. There are a very large number of movies made based off of books and considering that, in general, the large percentage of movies suck anyway, very very few wind up even living up to the book, much less surpassing it.

                              Comment


                              • Well a large percentage of books suck too.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information