No announcement yet.

Books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I want your babies, Whistler. No h o m o.

I love Redwall. You forget anything evil exists in the world when you're reading them.

And have no fears about book 12 in the WoT - you can't tell which bits Sanderson wrote and Jordan didn't, but the pace of the book is definitely better than it's been for a while. I don't know if it was inevitable at this point of the plot, or it's Sanderson's contribution, but there are some serious awesome bits in the book. Like pumping your fist in the air awesome.
    Last edited by irishbucsfan; 01-18-2010, 04:20 PM.

"Frosties are corn flakes for people who can't face reality"

Comment

• Originally posted by irishbucsfan View Post
      I want your babies, Whistler. No h o m o.

I love Redwall. You forget anything evil exists in the world when you're reading them.

And have no fears about book 12 in the WoT - you can't tell which bits Sanderson wrote and Jordan didn't, but the pace of the book is definitely better than it's been for a while. I don't know if it was inevitable at this point of the plot, or it's Sanderson's contribution, but there are some serious awesome bits in the book. Like pumping your fist in the air awesome.
      Hah, thank God I'm not the only Redwall fan around here. I'd give up a testicle to be able to just once go to a Redwall feast. If the fist pumping is anything like when Harry demolished Voldemort, I might consider hiring Snooki to host it for me...Damnit, grow up.

Comment

• I read the Redwall series avidly when I was 11 and 12. Had the audio tapes, the books, all that jazz. I refuse to go back and re-read any of them becasue I'm afraid they won't be as awesome.

As for reading the 12th book of the WoT series, no thanks. I honestly don't remember or care to remember how the last book I read left off and I feel I moved onto much better fantasy writers after that point.

Comment

• Comment

• Anyone read Stephen King's new book Under the Dome? I normally dont read his work, but someone gave me the hardcover for Christmas, and I figure I may as well give it a shot.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Anyone ever read it? I just started it today.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
              they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
              Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

• Just picked up "The Guinea Pig Diaries."

Hopefully it is good.

Comment

• I wrote this review about Bill Simmon's The Book of Basketball for a random-book assignment in one of my English classes...Thankfully my professor is pretty open to different styles of writing/responses. If you're into Simmon's writing, you'll love the book:

-------------------------

First off, I'm a sad half-a-Buck fan who has a hard time watching a full four quarters of the ever so brittle Michael Redd and painfully slow, "Big White Stiff" (Thank you Bill Simmons, ESPN.com) Andrew Bogut. Yet, for someone who puts the NBA behind the likes of the NFL, MLB, competitive eating and watching paint dry, I just pounded out over 700 pages of "The Book of Basketball" by Bill Simmons in three days.

I had to ask myself whether I actually sat in this chair and read the entire super-sized piece of literature in just under 72 hours with little to no sleep, or had I gone on some sort of drug induced bender and hallucinated the entire event. Drugs are not the answer kids, and I don't condone the use of illegal narcotics.

Jokes aside, Simmon's book is pure gold and an excellent read for any fan of sports in general and/or pop culture references. Whether or not the NBA is your cup of tea, I strongly suggest you pick up a copy and enjoy the ride that is the Sports Guy's writing.

Who matters in the NBA? What does it take to build a championship team? Do I know any good genitalia jokes? Well, all of these questions and more are answered between the covers of "The Book of Basketball" as Simmons discusses rankings, hall of famers, and winning. Never before has a book of such girth, yes I said girth, been such a page turner. From avid sports fan to full blown NBA junkie, this book reaches all audiences. Oh, and it's good for a few laughs along the way.
                  Last edited by Whistler6; 01-31-2010, 02:39 AM.

Comment

• I just read The Lovely Bones, Dear John and The Last Song and I recommend all of them. Lovely Bones is much better then the movie in my opinion.
                    Last edited by MiWolves; 01-31-2010, 05:47 AM.

Comment

• Currently reading

Comment

• Reading this

Pretty interesting stuff.

Comment

• My favorite Author.
                          I think I read Jurassic Park the first time when I was in like 4th grade, didnt understand it all but dammit I loved the movie and kept re-reading it as I got older and now I have read almost all of his books.

bonekrusher
                          The Twitters
                          themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
                            Pretty interesting stuff.
                            That's a good book. Strassman's research is a little bit out there, but his conjectures are interesting.

Not strictly a book, but this is what I'm reading...

Comment

• Just read Ayn Rand's Anthem... very beautiful

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                                That's a good book. Strassman's research is a little bit out there, but his conjectures are interesting.

Not strictly a book, but this is what I'm reading...

Good ****, eh, mirogi?

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information