Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fischbowl View Post
    Good ****, eh, mirogi?
    Just finished it today, quite a nice book. Mazzucchelli's drawing tells the story beautifully.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post

My favorite Author.
      I think I read Jurassic Park the first time when I was in like 4th grade, didnt understand it all but dammit I loved the movie and kept re-reading it as I got older and now I have read almost all of his books.
      loved Andromeda strain

Hitman D

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
        Anyone read Stephen King's new book Under the Dome? I normally dont read his work, but someone gave me the hardcover for Christmas, and I figure I may as well give it a shot.

I got it for Xmas as well. Opened it up yesterday.
        Starts off fairly quickly. I'm sure I'll enjoy it though 'cause I've read alot of King's work before
        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• In the past 5 weeks I've had to read The Woman Warrior, No-No Boy, Pamela, Shamela, Moll Flanders, City of Glass, and a bunch of literary essays on different criticisms...Blah.

Anyways, now in my Sci-Fi Lit. class we are reading The Hobbit. Beorn and Elyas from Robert Jordan's The Eye of the World in his Wheel of Time series are eerily similar. Obviously Beorn resembles a black bear and Elyas wolves, but they seem alike in a lot of ways.

No real point here, just an observation. One reason I love Jordan's work is because how alike Tolkien he is. He draws a lot of comparison from critics, so I guess it makes sense.

Comment

• Finished Rousseau's first and second discourse a few weeks ago and now on book 5 of this:

Comment

• Really good book.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bengals78 View Post
                isnt that the one where he makes up all that science stuff?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  isnt that the one where he makes up all that science stuff?
                  Makes up the stuff about the stuff the people made stuff up in the first place.
                  But its not so much about the science as the way it is presented and misleading people into a "state of fear"

bonekrusher
                  The Twitters
                  themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post

Really good book.
                    "The Rocket" is one of my favorite Bradbury short stories.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                      "The Rocket" is one of my favorite Bradbury short stories.
                      Everything in that book is brilliant, my favorite sci-fi book.

Comment

• I read "Fahrenhite 451" when I was in the 6th grade. I have enjoyed Ray Bradbury's work ever since.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally Posted by scottyboy
                          my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
                          But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons

Comment

• The Lincoln Lawyer, by Michael Connelly. Its looking like a damn good book, if you like Mystery.

Sig by Bone Krusher

Comment

• I just read the The City of Glass from this trilogy by Paul Auster today in about 3 hours. It's 200 pages, quick, and a fascinating book. We had to read it for an 381 English class discussing theory and criticism. It's a fun novel to breakdown.

Comment

• Paul Auster is kind of not bad. I loved Oracle Night but Travels in the Scriptorium was a bit meh.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information