Books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Job View Post
    Paul Auster is kind of not bad. I loved Oracle Night but Travels in the Scriptorium was a bit meh.
    The Scriptorium didn't do much for me, so I wasn't all too interested in The City of Glass at first. Pleasantly surprised though. He has a way with making words flow. It's almost scary how fast I read through Glass today.

Comment

• I might look through this then!

Comment

• Just finished:

I was surprised how much I enjoyed this book. Really easy read but offered an interesting fictional look at Judaism in the US during late WWII. Unclear to me how much of it is true but I would imagine most of it is generally historically accurate, I'll have to ask some people about it though. Not really sure why I liked it so much, can't put my finger on it, but I'm definitely glad I read it.

Comment

• Really great book.

Comment

• Dave Eggers is the ******* man.
            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
            The APS is strong in this one.
            Originally posted by killxswitch
            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• read this in a few hours over the course of today and yesterday.

I laughed my ass off the entire time.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post

read this in a few hours over the course of today and yesterday.

I laughed my ass off the entire time.
                Ya I just recommended it to one of posters on here. Really just a hilarious piece of literature. I want to read his newer book The Lie.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• the scary part is how close to home it hits, especially how he thinks.

Comment

• Just finished this. It was interesting.
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I am reading these

Want to read some classics then go back to nonfiction

Comment

• that is the worst Hemingway book, imo

Comment

• You need to get yourself some Sun Also Rises. Good stuff.

Comment

• I would say A Farewell to Arms, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                              that is the worst Hemingway book, imo
                              Its only like 100 pages so whatever ill just read it. Why dont you like it?

Comment

• This year has truly been the year where I discovered my passion for reading, I'll just leave a few of what I have read on this post.

Amazing, book really opened my eyes to a few things in life. I once fought with APS about Nihilism and read this book just to fully grasp it. I can say that I definitely think differently and live differently.

Blew my mind, it also shaped the way I think now. Although, Zarathustra and Siddhartha are almost opposite characters, if you combine the two life makes so much more sense. Like the book preaches, balance my friends.

Less philosophical than the other two, but this one kept me dying to know what would happen next. His version of hell, purgatory, and paradise were all so descriptive and fascinating. He left a mark on me as a writer, or so my English teacher says after I told her I read the book.

And I currently am reading...

Think Buddhism combined with science. This book is awesome.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information