Books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
    Im a huge fan of BEE as well, but recently hes become a bit of a parody of his former self. Hes very involved in the Hollywood/socialite scene and such, which is something he used to critisize deeply in his novels. Hes lost alot of his bite, and his last few books havent been the same. That said, his early novels are still magnificent. I just bought a copy of Less Then Zero not long ago.
    I loved Lunar Park, and think it worked so well because of the first part of what you said...he literally was satirizing himself. Great book.

Comment

• Hardcover vs paperback?!

Comment

• Originally posted by steelersfan43 View Post
        Hardcover vs paperback?!
        paperback. it's cheaper.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I'm currently reading On The Road by Kerouac for the first time. Finding it difficult to put down, read over 100 pages the day I got it.

^A Bonekrusher production^
          Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165

Comment

• I am part way through it and it is a fascinating read. The idea behind the book is consciousness is THE reason the universe exists and the book attempts to prove that point through experimentation, and math among many things. It actually does a damn good job and after all the books on quantum theory I have recently read this book was a really interesting change of pace. I look forward to finishing it and I HIGHLY recommend this book to anyone interested in science.

Comment

• Quantum's reasoning goes way beyond mathematics and experiments that rely on human consciousness are kinda pointless when they're trying to test something about consciousness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                Quantum's reasoning goes way beyond mathematics and experiments that rely on human consciousness are kinda pointless when they're trying to test something about consciousness.
                I was skeptical that the author could sway me in any way just because it is impossible to prove Biocentrism as a theory right now but he does a damn good job. The book is very is depth and it is hard to argue the logic. He makes some very good points and he touches on many aspects of quantum theory that seemingly defy logic (I just finished up a chapter on quantum entanglement and 'spooky action at a distance).

Comment

• The movie is good but the book is ******* amazing if you are in to this kind of stuff

Comment

• Just finishing this up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eaglez.Fan View Post

Just finishing this up.
                      Brilliant ******* novel.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                        malaka, read some David Hume
                        I have never heard of him. What kind of writer is he?

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

• Originally posted by Malaka View Post
                          I have never heard of him. What kind of writer is he?
                          an author/philosopher from the Enlightenment

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            an author/philosopher from the Enlightenment
                            Well I coulda googled that, I guess I could google this one too but I'll ask you anyway lol; I meant like how does he write, for instance Nietzche's Zarathustra reads like a story meanwhile his *** Science reads like a text book. Text book is not a good word, ugh but I can't put a word to it, it just doesn't read like a story... if that makes any sense.

I am very interested though, after Seat of the Soul I planned on reading Plato's Republic.

Bone Krusher, the best

Comment

Well I coulda googled that, I guess I could google this one too but I'll ask you anyway lol; I meant like how does he write, for instance Nietzche's Zarathustra reads like a story meanwhile his *** Science reads like a text book. Text book is not a good word, ugh but I can't put a word to it, it just doesn't read like a story... if that makes any sense.

I am very interested though, after Seat of the Soul I planned on reading Plato's Republic.
                              If you are going to read Plato, read Euthyphro.

From here:

In "An Enquiry Concerning Human Understanding" Hume discusses the weakness that humans have in their abilities to comprehend the world around them, what is referred to in the title as human understanding.

Comment

Amazing, book really opened my eyes to a few things in life. I once fought with APS about Nihilism and read this book just to fully grasp it. I can say that I definitely think differently and live differently.
                                pretty sure Nietzsche wasn't a nihilist.

and Hume's stuff is pure philosophy, but it is awesome because he is awesome. I've read excerpts of ...Human Understanding and ...Principles of Morals.

by BoneKrusher
                                <DG> how metal unseen
                                <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information