X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP ST

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin View Post
      Did you read this in between spanking your frat boy pledges and committing sexual acts with a goat?

:p
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

haha, no. but that book is hilarious.

RIP ST

Comment

I read this when I was 14, and now I am re-reading it. I love this book.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
            I'm reading that right now, too. It's pretty good. Very funny.
            Yeah, I'm digging it. I don't usually read books with a sense of humor or in that entire southern gothic(although not exactly) type setting, but it's a nice change of pace.

Something I finished earlier this week:

Really good read.
            Last edited by ElectricEye; 09-28-2009, 10:02 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
              That book looks awesome, did you enjoy it? Would you recommend it?

Comment

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Originally posted by Xonraider View Post
                  That book looks awesome, did you enjoy it? Would you recommend it?
                  Oh yeah it was a great book. Really cool if you're into following recruiting and how everything goes down behind the scenes. They're are plenty of funny moments with Coach O.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahin View Post
                    haha, no. but that book is hilarious.
                    no its not. tucker max is exactly the misogynistic douchebag the world needs less of. not more of. don't listen to his lies and his drunken rambling of 'how to be like me'.

he has no conscious, he has no soul, and makes the world less safe for women who are prone to be taken advantage of by said douchebag and people who aspire to be him by reading his blatently sexist propaganda. tucker max did it, it's probably okay, he wrote in a book and he's not in jail. it's probably not that bad, no one really cares.

but they do, because men don't understand how to listen to a damn thing. no means no.

propagating the rape culture is awful. and i hope he is wiped clean off the face of the earth and his kind, the people who think he's so cool, so edgy, so awesome, along with him.

i'm sorry i had to bring this in here. i cannot let that pass though. tucker max is the complete opposite of awesome.
                    http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                    For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                      I figured it was time to replace the old Literature thread with something new and fresh. What's everyone reading these days?

Some recent additions to my bookshelf...

Good, but not great. Then again, I think most contemporary mystery/thriller stuff is crap, so perhaps this was great by comparison to its genre. Well written, but not well written enough to make me want to read the sequel.
                      That is excactly my opinion and it was also refreshing to read a book in sweden and not in the US as always I learned a few about swedish culture and that you don't mess with the dragon-tattoo girl

Originally posted by aNYtitan View Post

This was the last book I was able to read, and it was great. I just haven't had the time to, or just read the NY times instead.

That book is awesome the true story of michael Oher It is amazing!!
                      Originally posted by OSUGiants17 View Post
                      That book was great. I just finished Michael Moore's new book "Fool", it was great.
                      you mean christopher moore right? I read few of his books they were alla awesome and two are shipping as we speak

For those who like noir books about a badass criminal with morals with back-alley ambiance i suppose the burke novels by andrew vachss there s 18 books (independent books you can read only one and have a full story) and they are awesome!!!

I also recommend a song of ice and fire by Gearoge RR Martin It's fantasy but kinda realistic with a few fantastic point and it is amazing!

the book I a currently reading (for the fourth time...)

It was the base of a schwarzie movie but the movie sucks and the only thing in common is the title and the name of the characters that's it.
                      The book is absolutely marvelous: in a dystopian future the hero is forced to "play" at a TV-show where he is hunted till death It is absolutely GREAT and the ending is awesome!

READ IT!
                      Last edited by swordman; 09-29-2009, 04:35 PM.

Life is hard then we die

The only real wisdom is knowing you know nothing

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                        no its not. tucker max is exactly the misogynistic douchebag the world needs less of. not more of. don't listen to his lies and his drunken rambling of 'how to be like me'.

he has no conscious, he has no soul, and makes the world less safe for women who are prone to be taken advantage of by said douchebag and people who aspire to be him by reading his blatently sexist propaganda. tucker max did it, it's probably okay, he wrote in a book and he's not in jail. it's probably not that bad, no one really cares.

but they do, because men don't understand how to listen to a damn thing. no means no.

propagating the rape culture is awful. and i hope he is wiped clean off the face of the earth and his kind, the people who think he's so cool, so edgy, so awesome, along with him.

i'm sorry i had to bring this in here. i cannot let that pass though. tucker max is the complete opposite of awesome.
                        Propagating the rape culture huh? Care to explain that one?

Comment

It is funny to read but to think some things as things he actually done....The guy is definitely a douchebag...a big one...I would enjoy it more if I knew it was fiction...

Life is hard then we die

The only real wisdom is knowing you know nothing

Comment

Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                            Propagating the rape culture huh? Care to explain that one?
                            that rape albeit wrong, isn't defensible because men don't trust women. 'she was asking for it' defense is used a lot.

it's the entire premise of Max Tucker. She was asking to get drunk, and ergo, asking for me to have non-consensual sex with him.

Its the presuppositions of blame. Victims of rape get blamed a lot, when, in reality, there is no necessity to do that once people take accountability for their actions.

There is no accountability in the case of Tucker Max, or many other men.
                            http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                            For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

that rape albeit wrong, isn't defensible because men don't trust women. 'she was asking for it' defense is used a lot.

it's the entire premise of Max Tucker. She was asking to get drunk, and ergo, asking for me to have non-consensual sex with him.

Its the presuppositions of blame. Victims of rape get blamed a lot, when, in reality, there is no necessity to do that once people take accountability for their actions.

There is no accountability in the case of Tucker Max, or many other men.
                              So it is his fault girls get drunk and he takes advantage of them? What he takes about doing certainly isn't very moral but at I don't think he has ever raped anyone. Of course he is only telling his side of the story but I haven't heard of him ever getting charged with rape at any point. What he does is very prickish but if I girl gets drunk and decides to have sex with him I would not call that him propagating the rape culture.

Comment

RIP ST

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information