No announcement yet.

Books

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I still think a lot of Tucker Max's stories, although based on true events, are greatly exaggerated.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
      So it is his fault girls get drunk and he takes advantage of them? What he takes about doing certainly isn't very moral but at I don't think he has ever raped anyone. Of course he is only telling his side of the story but I haven't heard of him ever getting charged with rape at any point. What he does is very prickish but if I girl gets drunk and decides to have sex with him I would not call that him propagating the rape culture.
      Imbibing a girl until she's unable to actually consent.
      Is that or is that not rape?

Is that what he does?
      Yes.

http://messageboard.tuckermax.com/sh...&postcount=134

BUT WAIT! THERES MORE.

The entire concept of him trying to edge and skirt the line of 'what consent really is' is disgusting. He's a ******* lawyer. He's enjoying his time ******* people over for calling him what he really is. Some dude who inches closer and closer to what is really rape.

The objectification he makes of women not as people (*COUGH LIKE MYSELF*) but as just orifices regardless of consequence (and rules that he can bend), is sicking, revolting, and awful. his perception of women, i believe is shared, and enjoyed by many, many people. and i cannot stand by and say, i enjoy being called a *****, a ****, or a ***** by men. and yet, this is what he espouses. once you break it into mens mind that women 'are' said things, the next step is easy.

"88 percent of men who reported an assault that met the legal definition of rape were adamant that they had not raped." (some university of texas study)

The subconsciousness of what men perceive to be rape, and what it is legally, are two VERY separate instances.

Of course, anyone who speaks up is a dumb fat ******* feminist anyway to him as bad as rapists anyway for calling him one. The entire **** is just ridiculous. And this isn't really the proper forum. But if you for one second think that anything in that book is remotely close to 'man, that's totally cool'. you are so ******* full of fail. exaggerated or not, the line is there, and a bunch of ******** men are going to cross it, rape innocent women, and not go to jail.

I will cave and say, yeah, it's freedom of speech. Doesn't make him any less of a douchebag than white supremacist. Wait. His fans are racist too?

http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/b...e-with-racism/
      Last edited by awfullyquiet; 09-29-2009, 06:14 PM.
      http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
      For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

anyway. i'm supplementing my current reading with a dash of

because he's that awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
          anyway. i'm supplementing my current reading with a dash of

because he's that awesome.
          I'm considering picking up a copy of that.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

i'd like to think, on my list of top mccarthy books, that'd be number two or three. (with one being all the pretty horses and two being suttree. this is right there with suttree imo)

Funny that most of his books get put into movies. Could just be the way he writes.
            Last edited by awfullyquiet; 09-29-2009, 07:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
              I still think a lot of Tucker Max's stories, although based on true events, are greatly exaggerated.
              I don't buy that much of what he says is true. I think it's about 95% ********.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

This thread is being littered with non-sense spat out by Tucker Max. I'd agree with Brent about the only things being true are names for the most part and places if that.

I'm not much of a reader but my friend recommended Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell.

Comment

No lie but Awfullyquiet and her arguments have intrigued my curiosity on Tucker Max.....now i kinda feel the urge to pick up one of his books and see what this is all about....

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
                  Originally posted by TitanHope
                  R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
                  He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

I'm reading the Epic of Gilgamesh for my ancient literature class.

Comment

Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
                      No lie but Awfullyquiet and her arguments have intrigued my curiosity on Tucker Max.....now i kinda feel the urge to pick up one of his books and see what this is all about....
                      I think someone that "claims" to be a douche bag, is a douche bag because he's trying to be a douche bag.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Originally posted by JFLO View Post
                        I think someone that "claims" to be a douche bag, is a douche bag because he's trying to be a douche bag.
                        Well I already that conclusion....but I want to see whats in the middle like all the meat.

I've come to the conclusion that, everythings been done, beginnings and endings are predictable for the most part....what sets books and movies too apart from eac other is what is inbetween the beginning and end.

Comment

This is awesome.

As is Brodeck's Report.

And, of course, this :

Also, if you can somehow get a hand on it, "Provincetown Playhouse, july 1919" is possibly the best play I've ever read.

Note that if you understand french you're probably better off reading the play and the first two novels in their original version.
                          Last edited by Job; 09-29-2009, 10:43 PM.

Comment

I didn't like BNW....maybe they just assigned it to us he worst year...senior year

Comment

I loved Brave New World. Didn't read it for a class though. As much as I love 1984, it's a better book.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                I loved Brave New World. Didn't read it for a class though. As much as I love 1984, it's a better book.
                                I mean it was a good book i guess, but knowing that Imma be tested on it and stuff made it a turn off. I dont like to be forced to read anything....i nevr got past chapter 10 though

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information