• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talk about human depravity.......

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Originally posted by JT Jag View Post
      The first book is probably the worst one. It steadily gets more AWESOME as the series wears on.

Perhaps the most awesome thing: Resurrecting the T-Rex skeleton that can be found the Field Museum in Chicago (yes, THAT T-Rex), riding it into downtown Chicago and using it to stop the necromantic apocalypse.
      From what you're saying, it sounds absolutely dreadful.

Comment

Has anyone read anything from Sherrilyn Kenyon?

"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
        Originally posted by TitanHope
        R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
        He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post

That's a cool cover that I hadn't seen before. Anyway I ******* love this book, BEE is one of my all time favorite authors and Less Than Zero is filled with some amazing moments. To me no other book has ever understood depression so well, if that makes any sense...

His next book due out in a year or so is a sequel of Less Than Zero, btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Job View Post
            Beyond the plot, from what I read, the writing was as bad as I've seen in a published novel. It was glorified fan-fiction quality. I know a lot of people love those books, and I don't mean to be a jerk about it, but it was excruciating.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

Originally posted by raiderz4life View Post
              No lie but Awfullyquiet and her arguments have intrigued my curiosity on Tucker Max.....now i kinda feel the urge to pick up one of his books and see what this is all about....
              you should. hilarious.

RIP ST

Comment

Originally posted by Job View Post
                Your mileage may vary. It's essentially a pulp detective novel with explosions and magic.

Comment

Originally posted by Splat View Post
                  I'm getting ready to start reading "Pop" by Gordon Korman its about football sounds good will see.
                  Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                  I swear, I only read this in the quotes above, and thought that the book was called "Pop" and was about football sounds.
                  I should have worded that better the book is called "Pop" because one of the main characters nick name is "The King of Pop" for his hard hits.

Its really a good book its about a high shcool football player who becomes friends with an ex NFL player only he doesn't even know the guy used to play pro ball.

I don't want to give to much away but any one that likes high school football or any football for that matter would like this book.

Comment

Originally posted by fischbowl View Post

<3 BEE. One of the best authors of this generation IMO, and a great social commentator. Less Then Zero is also my favorite book by him, although I did love The Informers. And if we are speaking of human depravity, the gloriousness of American Psycho knows no comparison. That is some of the most disturbing **** Ive ever read.
                    Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                    The APS is strong in this one.
                    Originally posted by killxswitch
                    Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by awfullyquiet View Post
                      i'm not denying women do the former, but, men, for the most part don't care about the why, they care about the what. and the what is their deep seated desire to feel better about themselves by putting more notches in their headboard. yes, it is ambiguious, but, men take no care or concern for the law, and yes, it takes alcohol for them to fuel that iron resolve of, no, it isn't rape, yes, she consented (i think), no i didn't take advantage of her. no i'm not going to call her again, it was just a... 'thing'.

I hate the fact that I can't actually have more than a drink or two in public without fear that some guy is going to try to get me to have sex with him, because i'm drunk. It's unnerving, unreasonable, and misogynistic.
                      i'm going to go out on a limb here and say you're a little overly paranoid and need to relax a bit. there's probably a 90% chance that if you have more than a drink or two some dude is NOT going to try to get you to have sex with him.

i know a lot of bar-hoppin', club-goin' types, and not a single one of them tries to get bitches so ****** up that they are damn near in a comatose. and nothing I read in that book made me think that Tucker Max endorses that. this guy ain't my hero or anything, but it is a funny book any way you look at it.

females make a big show about how they're in control because they're in control because they got *****. well ****, if you don't wanna be labeled a skank then have enough self-control to not let me and a gang of friends run through that. you can't really blame the guy if the girl does say yes, and that is exactly what happens. (90% of the time)
                      • i do not endorse rape of any kind.
                      • i love me some women
                      • im not tryin to piss you off.

RIP ST

Comment

What's the base of the problem?

Mens inability to separate themselves from their dicks.

OUCH...

Why would any man want to seperate himself from this appendage?

Comment

• im 12. where am i?

Comment

• Just finished Inherent Vice by Thomas Pynchon & Road Dogs by the best writer of pulp detective fiction in my lifetime, Elmore Leonard, & I'm halfway through his 80s novel LaBrava.

Leonard brought back protagonist Jack Foley over a decade later from Out of Sight, Foley is the most famous bank robber in the nation having robbed 127 of them. Gotta love his in-jokes too, in one p/o RDs Foley discusses who would play him in a film version of his life, & he disagrees with the choices, saying he would prefer so-&-so, or "maybe George Clooney." LOL, Who do you think played Foley in the film Out of Sight?

Comment

• Pynchon is so Legit.

Top 5 20th Century Authors?

I'd venture to put him in there.
                              http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                              For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Pynchon is so Legit.

Top 5 20th Century Authors?

I'd venture to put him in there.
                                Still bogged down in Against the Day, about 2/3rds of the way through its overwhelming 1300 or so pgs..... arrrgghh.

I highly recommend Inherent Vice as a neo-noir/hippy detective novel, it's not just for Pynchon fans only. It's very similar to his late 60s Crying of Lot 49 with the same themes, paranoid conspiracies, secret scieties, rampant sex & drug use, etc. Good times

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information