No announcement yet.

Olympic Decision Day

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want them to be be in Rio. I don't want to pay for the Chicago 2016 Olympics.

Comment

Originally posted by JFLO View Post
      My money is on Chicago

However, aside from my patriotism, I think it would be interesting to see them in Madrid.
      I think Madrid would be sweet, but I think they will stay away from giving the Summer Olympics to Europe twice in a row.

Also, I'm really pumped for the 2010 games and idk why. I think Vancouver is going to be fantastic.

Comment

Chicago or bust. really hope it works out. 2016 is a long way away, but i heard they'd have some events (likely cycling) in the Madison, WI area. Not saying I'd be able to make it down there, but having the option would mostly kick ass.

Comment

I want Chicago!

This is also the place where they vote in Rugby or Gold into the olympics right? LETS GO RUGBY LETS GO!!!

Comment

Originally posted by drowe View Post
            Chicago or bust. really hope it works out. 2016 is a long way away, but i heard they'd have some events (likely cycling) in the Madison, WI area. Not saying I'd be able to make it down there, but having the option would mostly kick ass.
            Yes Cycling would be in Madison. I watched the presentation last night and supposedly they claim that the cyclist will have any easy transit to Chicago from Madison to watch the other games. It made me chuckle. Also, the Shooting events are an hour outside the city as well.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

wow chicago got the least votes

Comment

Originally posted by the dude View Post
                wow chicago got the least votes
                Couldn't you have pulled strings! You are there!

Yeah I am really surprised that Chicago got bounced real early.

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

I didn't think they would be 4th. Weird.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Oh well. Chicago isn't going to be bidding again anytime soon.

For those of you not in the area, watching the Chicago news is hilarious. They have basically stopped reporting the vote and talked about all the people being sad. Like, there are people who are depressed and are saying they will be in pain for a while because of this. It's hilarious.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                      Oh well. Chicago isn't going to be bidding again anytime soon.

For those of you not in the area, watching the Chicago news is hilarious. They have basically stopped reporting the vote and talked about all the people being sad. Like, there are people who are depressed and are saying they will be in pain for a while because of this. It's hilarious.
                      haha.

Chicago: finding new and exciting ways to fail at sports since 1908.

Comment

Personally, I would rather see it in Madrid, but it will probably end up at Rio.

On Chicago getting eliminated first, I really can't say that I'm surprised. I don't think the US will get to be a host city for till at least 2020 or 2024. It's going to be a longtime, to many distractions and conflicts.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

I honestly don't think the US puts in a bid until at least the 2024 games, prolly not even then imo.

I would rather Madrid get it, but the one bonus if Rio gets it is that there won't be much of a time zone difference from most of the US. So that means no lame delayed tapings.

Comment

Since I first heard of the nominated cities I was wanting Rio De Janeiro to get it.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                            WHO DAT!

Comment

There were actually a lot of people from Chicago who didn't want to get the bid. It really didn't make sense from an economic standpoint either, but that's a debate for another time and another place.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
                                There were actually a lot of people from Chicago who didn't want to get the bid. It really didn't make sense from an economic standpoint either, but that's a debate for another time and another place.
                                last poll was 65%, which was 20% more than tokyo (for favorablity)...

all my friends are harping excitement. i'm sad because that screws over international business
                                http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
                                For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information