The Weather Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
    So hot in the Bay Area last weekend I had to wash the pillowcases & bedding, don't you hate waking up drenched with sweat? I do.

Now the Pacific fog blew in & the high at the beaches today is around 50 with the wind howling at high velocity. Whatever happened to those balmy summer days everyone expects? People who don't think the climate is changing just arent paying attention
    Yeah, the weather in SoCal has been weird all summer.

Comment

• It's cause of el nino. South Dakota has been rainy all summer, like twice a week we get rain, and it's been ridiculous.

sig by fenikz
      Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
      You are just a terrible person.
      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
      I have an iPhone.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikes_28 View Post
        It's cause of el nino. South Dakota has been rainy all summer, like twice a week we get rain, and it's been ridiculous.
        ENSO only effect where you live during the winter months.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Originally posted by LizardState View Post
          So hot in the Bay Area last weekend I had to wash the pillowcases & bedding, don't you hate waking up drenched with sweat? I do.

Now the Pacific fog blew in & the high at the beaches today is around 50 with the wind howling at high velocity. Whatever happened to those balmy summer days everyone expects? People who don't think the climate is changing just arent paying attention
          Err, what balmy days are you talking about brother? Take it from someone who lived a block from Ocean Beach for two full summers, those balmy days don't show up until Autumn.

Although apparently some researchers determined that fog in San Francisco is 30% less than it was 100 years ago, which makes me believe that SF was just a permanent and massive fog bank during summer and winter back then. Maybe some climate change is good (and that is coming from someone that likes fog).

Comment

• Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
            SF was just a permanent and massive fog bank during summer and winter back then.
            I bet the ancient natives loved that. I would.

Comment

• Ridiculously humid out today. Luckily my day goes work - movies - hockey - bed

Comment

• Today, it's hotter than two rats ******* in a wool sock.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                  I bet the ancient natives loved that. I would.
                  It's funny. My facebook feed is full of people complaining about the crazy weather in the Bay Area. I swear people forget that this happens every summer. I can't remember the number of times when I living in the fog belt that I would wake up to a bright and sunny day, eat some breakfast, jump in the shower, and when I exited my apartment I couldn't see more than 20 feet in front of me due to some ridiculously cold fog.

The sad fact is that if it bugs you that much, go live in the Mission district. It's your only hope.

Comment

It's funny. My facebook feed is full of people complaining about the crazy weather in the Bay Area. I swear people forget that this happens every summer. I can't remember the number of times when I living in the fog belt that I would wake up to a bright and sunny day, eat some breakfast, jump in the shower, and when I exited my apartment I couldn't see more than 20 feet in front of me due to some ridiculously cold fog.

The sad fact is that if it bugs you that much, go live in the Mission district. It's your only hope.
                    If it wasn't for the fog/cold weather and ridiculous cost of living, I would leave LA for the Bay in a heartbeat.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                      If it wasn't for the fog/cold weather and ridiculous cost of living, I would leave LA for the Bay in a heartbeat.
                      The Mission is relatively cheap and is probably the last place in the entire Bay Area to see major fog (besides Marin County) because it's tucked behind Sutro Hill.

I was raised in Bay Area fog though, so I have a certain love for it. It has its seasons, so it's not like it's omnipresent or anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by yourfavestoner View Post
                        If it wasn't for the ridiculous cost of living, lack of well paying jobs, and high taxes, I would leave Texas and return to the Bay in a heartbeat.

Comment

I was raised in Bay Area fog though, so I have a certain love for it.
                          Only someone who has experienced Bay Area fog would understand that.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                            Only someone who has experienced Bay Area fog would understand that.

Comment

• That looks really ******* tight.

Comment

• Rainnnnnnn

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information