No announcement yet.

The Weather Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just kinda rainy here with highs in the 60s.

Be jealous?

by BoneKrusher
    <DG> how metal unseen
    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
      It's just kinda rainy here with highs in the 60s.

Be jealous?
      It's slightly overcast and 30ish today with little to no wind in Chicago. Nice warm day compared to normal.

Although, we are supposed to get like 4-5 inches of snow tonight. So there's that to look forward to.

Comment

• It's hot and humid and uncomfortable. :\

Comment

• Originally posted by Caddy View Post
          It's hot and humid and uncomfortable. :\
          I would be jealous of the first part of that, but I like the cold much more than being hot and uncomfortable.

Love me some 40/50 degree weather, a little overcast and not too sunny with maybe a little breeze. Mmmmmmm.

Comment

• Well at least they didn't make us go to the airport and wait for us to sit around for hours on end. My flight was cancelled due to snow, not cuz of snow at MSP (Minneapolis-St. Paul), but at the ATL. Damn! But luckily we knew quite early and got to reschedule for first thing Wednesday morning flying through Milwaukee instead of Atlanta. But dang! A snow storm in Atlanta.

Comment

• Originally posted by proshoota25 View Post
              hahhaha didnt know this thread existed. am i the only meteorologist on this site??? ;)
              As in actual meteorologist? I don't work as one, but I know enough that I act as a meteorologist for all my friends and family.
              Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

• My area looks to get anywhere from 4-8" from this one. I haven't seen any somputer models yet this morning, but I'll have to check them out, but I think right around 5-6" where I live sounds right, by looking over what I saw last night. All you people in the northeast, be prepared, we may see a solid chance for snow again in a few days, as well as more opportunities (some of them being big snowstorms)the next two and a half weeks or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                  As in actual meteorologist? I don't work as one, but I know enough that I act as a meteorologist for all my friends and family.
                  haha well thats cool man. im an actual one, but its all good that you know your stuff.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!

Comment

haha well thats cool man. im an actual one, but its all good that you know your stuff.
                    That's nice man, if I'd ever change my mind and go to college, it'd be to become a meteorolgist.

Comment

• Florida is the only state right now without snow on the ground.

Whadup bitches

(I heard this from some twitter post, but now I'm wondering 'wait, what about Hawaii...')

by BoneKrusher
                      <DG> how metal unseen
                      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

• Hawaii has mountaintops with snow.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Power knocked out for over 24 hours by the storm :/

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                            Power knocked out for over 24 hours by the storm :/
                            could possibly be another one coming middle of next week...

Comment

could possibly be another one coming middle of next week...
                              Its looking pretty good right now, if you ask me. I'm going to lose a lot of people on here with what's coming up next, but you should understand this... lol.

Most of the models have been sticking pretty hard to the turn northeast since Friday, but the GFS is doing its typical BS and wavering right now. I've been watching the Candian and European models and they haven't shown much deviation in the track or timing of the storm since then (relatively speaking). Really the only thing I'm unure of right now with this storm is how much the High will be able to block the low and slow the progress of the storm, and just how much warm air will overtake the eastern side of the storm. We've had some of the coldest days recently, and its will stay that way, so I tend to believe that unless the low takes a much further western track, into new Jersey, my area (Near Allentown) will see all snow, but will be on the fringe of the mixing area. Right now I think Philly, New York, and Boston could see quite a bit of sleet as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
                                Its looking pretty good right now, if you ask me. I'm going to lose a lot of people on here with what's coming up next, but you should understand this... lol.

Most of the models have been sticking pretty hard to the turn northeast since Friday, but the GFS is doing its typical BS and wavering right now. I've been watching the Candian and European models and they haven't shown much deviation in the track or timing of the storm since then (relatively speaking). Really the only thing I'm unure of right now with this storm is how much the High will be able to block the low and slow the progress of the storm, and just how much warm air will overtake the eastern side of the storm. We've had some of the coldest days recently, and its will stay that way, so I tend to believe that unless the low takes a much further western track, into new Jersey, my area (Near Allentown) will see all snow, but will be on the fringe of the mixing area. Right now I think Philly, New York, and Boston could see quite a bit of sleet as well.
                                this is quite good my friend. i tend to agree with your analysis of the GFS, however, it is probably one of the more accurate models when it comes to predicting winter storms (specifically Nor'easters.) 12Z GFS run was a little different than yesterdays runs..... tracks seems to be further to the southeast, which means less snow here in central RI. let me ask you.... where on the net do you watch the Canadian and European models?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information