No announcement yet.

The Weather Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So...It supposed to be ass cold here tomorrow.

Comment

• Here in central Indiana we are going to get over an inch of ice, followed by gusty winds. So Im anticipating not having power for a while.

Sucks...

Comment

• Originally posted by General Zod View Post
        Here in central Indiana we are going to get over an inch of ice, followed by gusty winds. So Im anticipating not having power for a while.

Sucks...
        Wait, where exactly are you? I'm in Indiana too and I've never actually been in a snowstorm, so what should I expect? Are there really power outages?

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Everyone is talking about this storm. A few professors even said that they'll understand if we can't make to class on Wednesday if it's too bad. So pretty much, any sign of snow and I'm staying home with excuse.

Comment

• rained a lil earlier today but now its 70 and sunny

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
              Wait, where exactly are you? I'm in Indiana too and I've never actually been in a snowstorm, so what should I expect? Are there really power outages?
              Im in Greensburg, IN. Usually when there is a heavy icing for a prolonged period of time(like will be the case for the next couple days) it collects on the power lines and tree limbs causing them to break.

There is a greater chance of this with ice vs. heavy snow, which the nothern part of the state will get.

Comment

• Goose you're in Indiana? Where?

I'm in Indy which is dead center in this big pink line of ice and freezing rain that they've had plastered all over the TV today. I really hope we don't lose power.

On the bright side I may not be able to go to work tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                  Goose you're in Indiana? Where?

I'm in Indy which is dead center in this big pink line of ice and freezing rain that they've had plastered all over the TV today. I really hope we don't lose power.

On the bright side I may not be able to go to work tomorrow.
                  I'm in West Lafayette, and it was snowing like crazy for about two hours today, little pieces of ice are falling now.

And I had no idea about the power and ice thing. Hope it doesn't happen, it'd suck to have no power.

Props to clover_jeez!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn View Post
                    I'm in West Lafayette, and it was snowing like crazy for about two hours today, little pieces of ice are falling now.

And I had no idea about the power and ice thing. Hope it doesn't happen, it'd suck to have no power.
                    ****** Indiana weather like this is the reason I own a Kerosene heater. lol

Comment

• Just checked outside, the ground has a pretty solid little layer of ice on it and it's still coming down. Not very hard but steady. I think my garage door may be frozen shut.

Comment

• work canceled.

back to bed!

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• Classes Canceled Bitches!

Awwwwwwwww Yeaaaahhhhh

Comment

• Classes cancelled for me today too!! Thank you ice.

Comment

• How I still have class today is beyond me :( Everything is ice.

worker bees can leave
                              even drones can fly away
                              the queen is their slave

themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                                work canceled.

back to bed!
                                Send some of that cold air due East.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Working...