No announcement yet.

The Weather Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still no blackouts. I think Indy is through the worst of it.

Comment

• It was 16 degrees this morning. I have had only about 50% of my kids show up. I wish I had class sizes like this every day. I could do so much more with so much less.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• this isn't meant for New Englanders or people from the Great White North, but holy ****!!! i don't remember "blizzard warnings" in KC before. i alson don't remember them shutting down major interstates in and around KC before. it stopped snowing here at about 9 or 10 pm last night. it's hard to guess exactly how much snow fell because the wind is making drifts 30"+, but if i had to guess 10"-12" sounds about how deep my drive way consistently was. i just ******* shoveled and my back is killing me. last year we got 46" of snow in KC and that was an abnormally large amount of snow. so far this year, we are on pace to hit that number again. i justified not buying a snow blower because in all likely hood i wouldn't be needing it much. as soon as the roads are cleared enough to drive, i'm going to Lowes and buying a damn snow blower. i don't care if it sits in my garage and rusts because i never used it. i won't be caught in this **** again without the proper snow moving equipment.

Comment

• There isnt even a half of an inch of snow on the ground here in NM and school was cancelled! :) The radio station in El Paso stopped doing the traffic reports because there are so many wrecks that they cant name them all and its all from people freaking out that there is one cm of snow on the ground and people have no clue how to drive in it.
          Last edited by jayceheathman; 02-02-2011, 11:56 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jayceheathman View Post
            people have no clue how to drive in it.
            I find it odd how people can drive in ice without problems around here, but if it's snow, they lose their minds.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

• I've never regularly been around snow/ice before, so if i ever went north, i'm pretty sure i'd be stuck at home all winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                I find it odd how people can drive in ice without problems around here, but if it's snow, they lose their minds.
                Or people in CA who can drive through the worst fog ever but completely lose their **** when two drops of water fall from the sky.

Comment

• The Ice has held me hostage at home for a day and a half, and I'm already going crazy from boredom. How do northerners do this all winter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                    The Ice has held me hostage at home for a day and a half, and I'm already going crazy from boredom. How do northerners do this all winter.
                    A lot of booze and a lot of fapping.

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
                      A lot of booze and a lot of fapping.
                      how is that different than any other part of the year?

Comment

• Video games and books. Also netflix.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• just got the call that school will be canceled AGAIN tomorrow.

I am running low on food.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brent View Post
                            just got the call that school will be canceled AGAIN tomorrow.

I am running low on food.
                            At least you got beer though, right?

Comment

• and plenty of Maker's Mark.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                                Video games and books. Also netflix.
                                That and we (some of us) actually know how to drive in snow and ice, so we aren't limitted by the weather for more than a day, and that's when we get giants blizzards or ice storms.
                                Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information