No announcement yet.

Official Halloween horror film thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone that doesn't like Night of the Living Dead should have an abortion.

Comment

For Halloween viewing purposes I suggest those who haven't seen it watch Drag Me To Hell Saturday. It is new so effects junkies will like it and it is a whole lot of fun which is why it would make a great Halloween night viewing (preferable under the influence).

Comment

Cant go wrong with the horror movie that created Jason, Freddie and every1 else..... HALLOWEEN

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Gonzo View Post
            For Halloween viewing purposes I suggest those who haven't seen it watch Drag Me To Hell Saturday. It is new so effects junkies will like it and it is a whole lot of fun which is why it would make a great Halloween night viewing (preferable under the influence).
            DMTH got great reviews & good buzz -- Sam Raimi is back!!

The Phantasm series is brilliant. If you want your mind ******, then rent, or buy if you're a super genius like myself, the series. The second movie just got released in the U.S. on DVD so yay!
            Always liked Phantasm, the evil dwarf army, grave-robbing & scorched earth left across the smalltown Northwest, Angus Scrim (love that name) as the Tall Man, those metal spheres with blades popping out them that stick in your head, what's not to like? Did you notice at the end of the credits to the 1st one the copyright infringement disclaimer statement says "... violators will be subject to the MPAA, to the (etc, etc), & to the wrath of the Tall Man." Great stuff
            Last edited by LizardState; 10-30-2009, 11:06 AM.

Comment

salem's lot ftw. the old one with hutch. vampire in that movie scares the hell outta me.

Comment

I think I will make my own Halloween marathon -

Gotta start with Dawn of the Dead (OG)
                After that I am lightening the mood with Dead Alive
                I think I would move on to Battle Royale from there (not really Halloween but full of blood and gore)
                I have a soft spot for Hostel
                To keep me awake I would throw in Cannibal Holcaust
                To finish the whole thing off with either Evil Dead 2 or Re-Animator, I can't decide as both are ******* awesome

Now I realized I left off The Shining, I guess I will save it for next years horror marathon that I won't actually take part in

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
                  The Return of the Living Dead
                  Re-Animator
                  An American Werewolf in London
                  Fright Night
                  Halloween
                  Friday 6 Jason Lives
                  Nightmare 1
                  Ginger Snaps
                  DOTD
                  High Tension
                  Trick 'r Treat is a cool new halloween movie, I really dig it.
                  I forgot about Fright Night and An American Werewolf in London. I might go out and buy them right now. Tell me more about Trick 'r Treat. Is it a serious horror or a comedy one?

Originally posted by Charm City Byrdgang View Post
                  I will probably watch one of Rec or Let the Right One In. I have both sitting in front of me and haven't watched either yet.
                  Wow how could I forget [REC]? That movie was pretty damn good.
                  Originally posted by LizardState View Post

Always liked Phantasm, the evil dwarf army, grave-robbing & scorched earth left across the smalltown Northwest, Angus Scrim (love that name) as the Tall Man, those metal spheres with blades pooping out them that stick in your head, what's not to like? Did you notice at the end of the credits to the 1st one the copyright infringement disclaimer statement says "... violators will be subject to the MPAA, to the (etc, etc), & to the wrath of the Tall Man." Great stuff
                  Yeah you listed all the great things about the series.....boooooooooyyyyyyy. Let's just hope that we get a part 5 out of the series. Angus isn't getting any younger. Even though he does look very good for his age.
                  "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                  ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                    Cant go wrong with the horror movie that created Jason, Freddie and every1 else..... HALLOWEEN
                    Freddie owns the rest you listed.

Comment

Originally posted by NIN1984 View Post
                      The Return of the Living Dead
                      Re-Animator
                      An American Werewolf in London
                      Fright Night
                      Halloween
                      Friday 6 Jason Lives
                      Nightmare 1
                      Ginger Snaps
                      DOTD
                      High Tension
                      Trick 'r Treat is a cool new halloween movie, I really dig it.
                      Didn't point this out earlier but this list is beautiful, minus High Tension (like the movie until the ending).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Comment

Trick r' Treat is more funny than scary. The only part that is "scary" was the old man in the house story. The rest are either dumb or boring.

Comment

one of my favs, not really a horror i guess, but it's just...weird/creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by iowatreat54 View Post
                              Trick r' Treat is more funny than scary. The only part that is "scary" was the old man in the house story. The rest are either dumb or boring.
                              Screw you.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                Screw you.
                                Lol

I'm just saying, the Anna Paquin story wasn't scary at all, although it was surprising, but not enough toplessness. The one with Helo and his wife was dumb. The principal one was good, but not scary. The rock quarry story was ok, but wasn't scary at all.

Really, it was kinda entertaining, but there wasn't enough shock value or surprise moments to make up for the lack of horror. There wasn't even scenes of the creepy music and ridiculous anticipation of something about to happen.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information