No announcement yet.

college athletics?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just love wrestling thats why I do it. d3 sports dont hurt your social life, you become friends with your team. The only thing that it would affect is your ability to go out and drink on weekends because of matches

Comment

i got some small school offers for football but my body has already taken too much damage(then i go and tear my acl playing basketball)

Comment

Ravens, which school? McDaniel, Frostburg, Salisbury, or St. Mary's?

Comment

Originally posted by JF4 View Post
          CIS Football represent!

Probably close to the equivalent of a D2 in the states.
          really? what school.

i got offers to play at the u of r but tore my meniscus. i got like a dozen friends who play in the CIS though.

RIP, Sean Taylor.

Comment

I play pick-up basketball at the UGA campus fitness center quite often. During the offseason I played with UGA football and basketball players quite often. AJ Green came out and played with us one time when I was there.

Comment

I'm a freshman at Dartmouth right now, and a member of the football team. Unfortunately, playing a dying position(fullback) hasn't helped my chances for playing time. I made second string fullback just as the team began to move away from using one(meaning even our starter doesn't get many reps), so I'm working my way into the RB rotation as a goal-line/powerback. Hopefully by soph/junior year it works into some game snaps.

I was recruited by a few D3 schools and 2-3 other Ivies. You don't get scholarships in D3, but coaches at times can have a lot of pull with financial aid. If they want you, and you can show you need the aid, you can get an academic scholarship that will cover your needs and, essentially, act as a sports scholarship.

The better the academic quality of the school(I looked primarily at NESCAC schools like Amherst and Williams) the more likely this is due to their bigger endowments and need-blind aid policies. I know that there are definitely a number of kids there for free and playing football-certainly not a waste of time.

Comment

I was actually approached by U.C. Irvine for baseball in 1991, my junior year of HS. What's funny is that was the last year for like a decade they had a baseball team due to severe budget cuts. That would have sucked.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by critesy View Post
                  really? what school.

i got offers to play at the u of r but tore my meniscus. i got like a dozen friends who play in the CIS though.
                  I play for Guelph

stephenson86

Comment

I run division one track.
                    CHRIS PETERSEN > STEVE SARKISIAN AND JIM MORA. CALL ME WHEN ONE MAKES A BCS BOWL.

Originally posted by slightlyabroncosfan
                    JBalla is mormon, so naturally he assumes that whenever you get one marriage done, another two or five are in the works.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information