Freemasons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

The highest conferred level one can obtain is the 33rd degree. If you have never seen a masonic funeral, it is very beautiful.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
        The highest conferred level one can obtain is the 33rd degree. If you have never seen a masonic funeral, it is very beautiful.
        haha...maybe it was 32nd degree. Those rhyme right?

But he was a Freemason, and pretty high up.
        I want a sig.

Comment

I have a neighbour who's a Shriner.

Comment

My goal is to eventually become a Shriner. It has become a great deal easier to become one since when I was "raised" as a 3rd degree Master Mason, but I don't have the time to put into it at this point in my life.

Comment

NFLDC'ers are better than the FreeMasons
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
                I was hoping this thread would never come up. I am a Freemason. SK, feel free to PM me about any questions you may have. Being a member of the military is not a 100% guarantee, but I will tell you that what I know of you from the conversations we have had here, I know of nothing that would keep you from becoming a Mason. I certainly won't discuss any of the "secrets" of Freemasonry here as I took an oath saying I would not.

Lions, it is actually quite simple to apply for membership as a Freemason; one needs merely to ask a Freemason to become a member, which in turn starts an application process. This process is then explained thoroughly to the applicant. I have no problem discussing what information I can with anyone here, but I will ask everyone to remain respectful. I am sure everyone will be mature in doing so and I thank you in advance.
                I'm just curious to know whether I would want to join. Can you guys sort of explain to us what joining would accomplish/mean or is that a "secret"?

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
                JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
                Originally posted by abaddon41_80
                Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
                Originally posted by JBCX
                Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Yeah Ive been somewhat curious about what they are all about also or maybe joining. What is the real benefit to joining? How serious is it? How much time do you need to commit?

I feel like there is a lot of miscommuncation about the freemasons that are not straightened out because of their secrecy.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Come on CJ, spill the secrets. They can't find out it's you. It's not like your screen name is your real name or any-- oh.

Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

Ever since I saw that special about it on NBC I have been curious about joining. There are 3 lodges in my hometown. I've heard the initiation process is strange.
                      Last edited by vikes_28; 11-05-2009, 03:44 AM.

sig by fenikz
                      Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                      You are just a terrible person.
                      Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                      I have an iPhone.

Comment

As far as I know the Bilderberg Group has much more power than the Freemasons. The CFR and the Trilateral Commission are others that come to mind.

Comment

Sounds like a fraternity for old people minus the booze and girls.

Comment

I am a Demolay, have not gotten around to petitioning my local lodge.

FULL INBOX +REP TO SEND MESSAGE.....

Comment

Originally posted by Hawk View Post
                              Sounds like a fraternity for old people minus the booze and girls.
                              Or is it a fraternity for old people with even MORE booze and girls? With a dash of ****** obviously.

Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                              Originally posted by njx9
                              do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

As for the "secrets" that you refer to, the only secrets the Masonic Organization holds are those means by which one Mason may identify another.

The same way a member of SWDC may refer to "T.I.D.D.'s" epic posts to identify who has knowledge of those posts and who has knowledge of the past of this site. That isn't really a secret per say. With persistence and a library card you could come by much of the same Masonic knowledge I possess, but I won't share it with you unless I am sure you are a brother Mason and if you use that knowledge incorrectly, I'm going to know.

It is because of that secrecy, there are many mis-truths out there about Freemasonry. As for the benefits of being a brother Mason and being a member of a "Lodge", you will never wish to experience them yourself in a self-promoting fashion. the tenants of Freemasonry are Brotherhood, Charity and Truth. Passing those gifts to your fellow brother and fellow man for that matter are the greatest benefit a Mason can receive. As for time constraints financial dues and seriousness, those vary depending on how involved you become within your lodge. Your average lodge meets for 2 hours twice a month and usually sponsors some event, be it a clothing drive, spaghetti feed, etc every month.

Dues run 50$ a year on average with other expenditures being required for different various functions of ones choice. For example, "Shriners" must pay for their uniform and other costs relating to their services. As for seriousness is concerned, I take my business as a Mason very serious as well as those tenants that Freemasonry is built upon, but I think from my history here, I am not so serious that I can not "cut-up" and have some fun. Being a Mason does not mean you are an automatic "stick in the mud."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information