2009-2010 MLB Offseason Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
    It's a good signing for the Nationals. If he rebounds they have him under control and can offer him arbitration next year.
    I really hope he does, just cause he showed that statistics don't show dominance or effectiveness. His BAA was usually high, high ERA, low K rates but he always chalked up 17+ wins every season

Originally posted by bearsfan_51
    Show me your Wang, if you will.

Comment

• So? If he played with an offense that didn't put up 900 runs every year he would have won 12 games every season.

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
        So? If he played with an offense that didn't put up 900 runs every year he would have won 12 games every season.
        Not true. His ERA wasn't all that high. 3.63 and 3.7 in the years he won 19 games. Not bad at all in the AL East. He gave up hits, but most of his hits were singles. He was always near the top of the league in slugging percentage against, and he induced so many double plays with his constant groundballs.

Comment

• Thank god nothing is wrong w/ Jair. I almost had a heart attack when I heard about his shoulder problems.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• I had him on fantasy teams both years that he won 19 games. As I recall he is a slow starter.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              Thank god nothing is wrong w/ Jair. I almost had a heart attack when I heard about his shoulder problems.
              AHH. I have him a keeper league. Haven't really gotten back to researching it, what are his shoulder problems?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                AHH. I have him a keeper league. Haven't really gotten back to researching it, what are his shoulder problems?
                He was having some major discomfort and his velocity took a big dip. All the media outlets were making it out to be much worse than it was, though. So naturally, I was very nervous. But his MRI revealed no structural damage, everything is "structurally sound" and they say he is just suffering from some anterior shoulder inflammation. So, he should be just fine with a little rest.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Are you guys running Hanson out as your #2?
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                    Thank god nothing is wrong w/ Jair. I almost had a heart attack when I heard about his shoulder problems.
                    You deserve it after what was endured in that trade.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                      Are you guys running Hanson out as your #2?
                      I'm not sure if they have decided but they have Jurrjens, Lowe, Hanson, and Hudson.

If I were the Manager I'd go:
                      Jurrjen
                      Hanson
                      Lowe
                      Hudson

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

• I forgot Jurrjens was traded for Renteria. Yuck.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by dabears10 View Post
                          I'm not sure if they have decided but they have Jurrjens, Lowe, Hanson, and Hudson.

If I were the Manager I'd go:
                          Jurrjen
                          Hanson
                          Lowe
                          Hudson
                          Yeah I'd do the same. Wouldn't shock me if they threw Hanson first though.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            Not true. His ERA wasn't all that high. 3.63 and 3.7 in the years he won 19 games. Not bad at all in the AL East. He gave up hits, but most of his hits were singles. He was always near the top of the league in slugging percentage against, and he induced so many double plays with his constant groundballs.

Wait. So you're saying he wasn't helped by the amazing run support he got? What? How does that not help? 3.63 and 3.7 is above average but not anywhere near elite, which is what the 19 wins would lead the casual baseball fan to believe he was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              Are you guys running Hanson out as your #2?
                              Yeah, that's probably the plan. Huddy is more than likely, the number one guy by default. Tommy is clearly the most talented, though. It doesnt really matter how we send them out, so long as Lowe returns to form. Kawakami was a pretty consistent performer, so hopefully he'll do well. He doesnt go too deep into games, though. I sure wish we had a lefty in there. Maybe next year, Mike Minor can take Kawakami's spot.

You deserve it after what was endured in that trade.
                              Shut up, you.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                                Wait. So you're saying he wasn't helped by the amazing run support he got? What? How does that not help? 3.63 and 3.7 is above average but not anywhere near elite, which is what the 19 wins would lead the casual baseball fan to believe he was.
                                Nobody ever said he was elite

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information