Michael Jackson: This is it

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Michael Jackson: This is it

Did anyone go out and see it? I came away totally blown away. He's a much different person than the criminal that the American media built him up to be. Thought it was an inspiring movie and I've come to respect him a lot. He was a gift to the world. I've come to believe that he had to go out the way he did in order to have the impact on the world, that his life's purpose had intended for him to fulfill.

I'm going to see it because I have heard it is really good. As far as MJ, I don't think he was a bad guy. I felt sorry for him after that time they followed him around Neverland.

Originally posted by Jurrell Casey
    I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Comment

He definitely was a great person but the media did their voodoo magic and made his an easy target. I want to see this.

Comment

Originally posted by tjsunstein View Post
        He definitely was a great person but the media did their voodoo magic and made his an easy target. I want to see this.
        Keep it in perspective that there are two sides to every story. Im sure that the people who made "This Is It" didn't come in with the idea to make him out to look like a criminal. I understand that the media has an influence in what we do, but a piece of work like "This Is It" is simply another form of media that paints a different picture.

I haven't seen the movie, but the picture that it paints is undoubtedly one that is in stark opposition to the one the media portrayed for Jackson. Im sure this thread isnt a proper place to discuss the subjectivity of media, but I think its important to keep a bit of cynicism in regards to something like this.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

This "documentary" was made with the intent to be a positive portrayal of MJ in the lead up to the tour he was to do, prior to his death. Does it really need its own thread?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

I loved it. I saw about a week and a half ago and was blown away by everything he did, was certainly worth the $6 I paid to see it.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Comment

This is it?

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

Comment

Originally posted by DoughBoy View Post
                I'm going to see it because I have heard it is really good. As far as MJ, I don't think he was a bad guy. I felt sorry for him after that time they followed him around Neverland.
                Seen it the first day it came out, it was really good, it was to sad that MJ, never was able to do the concert live, it would have been mind blowing

Jay Cutler>Matt Leinart>>>>danman253
                XBL GT smitty js Go Vandy!!!!!!
                Chris Johnson son!!!!!!!!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JoUr82vUx60
                http://www.bangcartoon.com/2007/pacman.htm

Comment

Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
                  Keep it in perspective that there are two sides to every story. Im sure that the people who made "This Is It" didn't come in with the idea to make him out to look like a criminal. I understand that the media has an influence in what we do, but a piece of work like "This Is It" is simply another form of media that paints a different picture.

I haven't seen the movie, but the picture that it paints is undoubtedly one that is in stark opposition to the one the media portrayed for Jackson. Im sure this thread isnt a proper place to discuss the subjectivity of media, but I think its important to keep a bit of cynicism in regards to something like this.
                  Most of it was raw. It was real life MJ in action. There really was no "spin" on it. He's a pure genius. A master of the art. He was a gift to the world that most people misunderstood. If we were all like him, the world would be a better place. He had all the money in the world. He could've been corrupt as hell. Yet he chose a different life. A pure innocent life. I don't think he was a child molester at all. I think it was all a spin by the media or someone trying to get rich off of him.

He really tried to send a positive message to the world. Heal the World. Doesn't matter if it's black or white. We are the world. Man in the mirror. Earth Song. On and on and on... So different from the rest of the musical artists out there. He could've written about anything...

Last edited by D-Unit; 11-09-2009, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Possibly greatest performer of all time? Yeah. Still, when he was alive he was the creepest guy out there who everyone spoofed. Now, he was the best father/brother/son/human every born on this Earth.

I am not passing judgement either way, but it's just hard to watch so many people pull a 180 on their views of him and accept it.

Apparently he liked to pee in front of people at random times now too?

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler6 View Post
                      Possibly greatest performer of all time? Yeah. Still, when he was alive he was the creepest guy out there who everyone spoofed. Now, he was the best father/brother/son/human every born on this Earth.

I am not passing judgement either way, but it's just hard to watch so many people pull a 180 on their views of him and accept it.

Apparently he liked to pee in front of people at random times now too?

This. Michael Jackson was not a good person. Wow how quickly perceptions change.

Comment

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11572

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                        WHO DAT!

Comment

MJ deserves his own thread.

Comment

Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                            This. Michael Jackson was not a good person. Wow how quickly perceptions change.
                            It's funny how inspirational and amazing people become once they take a bite of the big **** sandwich.

I saw this doco, it's not as "raw" as portrayed and it's definitely extremely heavily slanted.

Comment

I apologize in advance, but I refuse to have a love fest for how great he was. He was involved in many, many "wrong" doings. Okay the many were dropped or never proved... He was amazing, simply amazing. Voice, dancing, songs, the list is endless. But celebrity doesn't erase his past.

Steve McNair is a similar story. Sad, but still relevant to my perception to how I will remember him now.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information