Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WhatIfSports.com ??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WhatIfSports.com ??

    Does anyone play any of the games on WhatifSports.com ? I have a few friends that swear that it's very fun. I am going to do a Gridiron Dynasty I think, where you start in Division 3 and try to work your way up to D1 as a coach.

    It's very deep after taking the "tour", just an extremely in-depth simulation dynasty.
    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

  • #2
    I just signed up, probably going to do the Gridiron thing if I play as well.

    How do I take the tour, or is it just the trial?

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
      I just signed up, probably going to do the Gridiron thing if I play as well.

      How do I take the tour, or is it just the trial?
      If you go to the Gridiron Dynasty page, there is a button where you click to "take the tour".

      It seems REALLY, REALLY in-depth, the "world" that I am joining is in it's 40th season and there's some people that have been in it the whole time. It sounds freaking awesome.
      "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

      Comment


      • #4
        Looks really sweet. Definitely going to sign up.

        Comment


        • #5
          I used to spend a ton of money on WIS. I mainly played baseball, but I've given every sport a try. I'd suggest looking at the forums for Gridiron dynasty, and your world specifically, to see some of the tips (as well as "do not do's") from guys that have been playing for awhile.

          Gridiron is very difficult to get started in at this point, but I wish you luck. I played a couple seasons right when it started. Right now the big problem is that a good majority of the teams in D1 are taken up (unless they've added new worlds, which is a distinct possibility. There were 5 worlds).

          The other big problem is you build up your "war chest," for recruting etc. Most of these guys that have been playing for awhile have built up massive chests. It's very hard to compete with those guys for recruits. So you get out recruited for recruits alot, which then means you really don't improve.

          I'd also point out that the last time I played (which again, was awhile ago, so they may have addressed all of these issues by now), there were very limited ways to run a successful offense and defense. Basically there were only one or two offenses and defenses that actually worked.

          I will say though, if people from SWDC are starting to get into it, I might try and get back into it as well.
          Last edited by ironman4579; 11-30-2009, 06:19 PM.



          Originally posted by Jakey
          WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

          i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
            I used to spend a ton of money on WIS. I mainly played baseball, but I've given every sport a try. I'd suggest looking at the forums for Gridiron dynasty, and your world specifically, to see some of the tips (as well as "do not do's") from guys that have been playing for awhile.

            Gridiron is very difficult to get started in at this point, but I wish you luck. I played a couple seasons right when it started. Right now the big problem is that a good majority of the teams in D1 are taken up (unless they've added new worlds, which is a distinct possibility. There were 5 worlds).

            The other big problem is you build up your "war chest," for recruting etc. Most of these guys that have been playing for awhile have built up massive chests. It's very hard to compete with those guys for recruits. So you get out recruited for recruits alot, which then means you really don't improve.

            I'd also point out that the last time I played (which again, was awhile ago, so they may have addressed all of these issues by now), there were very limited ways to run a successful offense and defense. Basically there were only one or two offenses and defenses that actually worked.

            I will say though, if people from SWDC are starting to get into it, I might try and get back into it as well.
            Yeah, my friend has played both CBB and CFB and he says CBB is better because there's more options. I looked at the stats for the top teams in D3 and most of them have thrown less than 90 passes on the year and have some RBs with 3000+ yards.

            There's I think 11 worlds now.

            I'm going to do both college basketball and football for at least a few seasons and see which one I like better, or if I really like them both, keep going.

            Baseball could be nice but that's what OOTP/Mogul are for.
            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

            Comment


            • #7
              Hey guys, be sure to update us on how your teams are looking, recruiting, all that good stuff. I know gridiron dynasty can be frustrating at first (it was for me), but if you guys stick with it, I'd be interested to see how things go.



              Originally posted by Jakey
              WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

              i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!

              Comment


              • #8
                I would play this, but it costs money.

                sig by fenikz
                Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                You are just a terrible person.
                Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                I have an iPhone.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by vikes_29 View Post
                  I would play this, but it costs money.
                  This. I dont pay to play this.
                  Last edited by Gay Ork Wang; 12-01-2009, 01:01 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by ironman4579 View Post
                    Hey guys, be sure to update us on how your teams are looking, recruiting, all that good stuff. I know gridiron dynasty can be frustrating at first (it was for me), but if you guys stick with it, I'd be interested to see how things go.
                    Well, I decided on Mount St. Union from the Ohio Valley conference. They are ranked #33 in the preseason polls, they had the 30th ranked recruiting class last year. Most of their best players are juniors.

                    Here is our schedule

                    Code:
                    Date	Opponent	Record	WIS	SOS	Coach	vs. School	Spread	Result	 
                    12/14/09	at Guilford	0-0	-	-	traflan			
                     
                    12/15/09	at #11 Washington and Lee	0-0	-	-	maverick9576			
                     
                    12/16/09	at Chicago	0-0	-	-	gw795			
                     
                    12/17/09	at Juniata	0-0	-	-	zpmadden			
                     
                    12/18/09	Eastern Oregon	0-0	-	-	Sim AI	1-0		
                     
                    Conference
                    Date	Opponent	Record	WIS	SOS	Coach	vs. School	Spread	Result	 
                    12/19/09	at Ohio Northern	0-0	-	-	willowcards2	8-5		
                     
                    12/20/09	Mount Union	0-0	-	-	anml34	6-7		
                     
                    12/21/09	Muskingum	0-0	-	-	hawkeyes2009	13-0		
                     
                    12/22/09	at Otterbein	0-0	-	-	deantenn	15-8		
                     
                    12/23/09	Defiance	0-0	-	-	Sim AI	3-20		
                     
                    12/24/09	at #5 Heidelberg	0-0	-	-	bama14	1-22		
                     
                    12/25/09	Wilmington (OH)	0-0	-	-	Sim AI	15-8		
                     
                    12/26/09	Marietta
                    We'll be running the Flexbone offense since that's what was recruited prior to me taking the job. Seems like most everyone runs that in D3 anyways.
                    "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X

                    Debug Information