Think what you want.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Think what you want.

Please do not make this into a religious discussion. I believe in aliens, and ET ( Extra Terrestrial ) life forms. This is a gigantic galaxy, and space is a mysterious area.

Water on the moon, and mars.
    | Hawkeyes || Rams || Lakers || Braves || Avalanche |

I believe in alien life, just not necessarily intelligent ones.

Comment

I absolutely believe in life on other planets. Our understanding of biology and how life came to be on this planet makes it exceedingly unlikely that we're the only outpost of life in the universe.

That said, I also don't believe that any civilization that has the ability to visit our planet and has on multiple occasions could be kept a secret. I don't think you understand how insanely more advanced a civilization would be to successfully travel that sort of distance. The idea that a mass of incompetent governments could keep that under wraps is just silly.

Comment

I want to believe.
        Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
        RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
          I absolutely believe in life on other planets. Our understanding of biology and how life came to be on this planet makes it exceedingly unlikely that we're the only outpost of life in the universe.

That said, I also don't believe that any civilization that has the ability to visit our planet and has on multiple occasions could be kept a secret. I don't think you understand how insanely more advanced a civilization would be to successfully travel that sort of distance. The idea that a mass of incompetent governments could keep that under wraps is just silly.
          Unless the government had support from the aliens, or it was in fact the aliens hiding their presence.

BK

Originally posted by AcheTen
          JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
          Originally posted by abaddon41_80
          Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
          Originally posted by JBCX
          Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Comment

Well they built the pyramids so......

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.

Comment

Originally posted by Rosebud View Post
              Unless the government had support from the aliens, or it was in fact the aliens hiding their presence.
              Oh Snap. This is probably what's happening right now.

Comment

Meh, I'll believe it when I see it (although I do believe in life besides us, am just skeptical of whether or not it could have reached us by now). As for the video, all it really did was splice in some clips from a CNN news conference last April with random UFO sightings (which I think many could be explained, if fully investigated) and then used a vague speech by Obama to make it look like they all fit together perfectly. I don't know, I'll gladly eat some crow if I'm wrong, but I'm just skeptical.

Comment

Originally posted by Twiddler View Post
                  Meh, I'll believe it when I see it (although I do believe in life besides us, am just skeptical of whether or not it could have reached us by now). As for the video, all it really did was splice in some clips from a CNN news conference last April with random UFO sightings (which I think many could be explained, if fully investigated) and then used a vague speech by Obama to make it look like they all fit together perfectly. I don't know, I'll gladly eat some crow if I'm wrong, but I'm just skeptical.
                  Well if these aliens came from galaxies closer to the center of the universe than ours and while life involves a great deal of chance you have to figure that if you go deep enough there should be other planets that had life well before we did that could very plausibly be that much more advanced than we are.

BK

Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.

Comment

I've seen some smart people argue for the legitimacy of some of the UFO movement, as in there are organizations who are able to argue for the existence of UFOs as something not man-made and refute other fabricated incidents. That being said, I haven't investigated it enough to see what I think about it. Either way, I'm not too worried. If there are aliens coming and looking at us as UFOs, I'm not sure how much of a threat they are.

by BoneKrusher
                    <DG> how metal unseen
                    <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Well if these aliens came from galaxies closer to the center of the universe than ours and while life involves a great deal of chance you have to figure that if you go deep enough there should be other planets that had life well before we did that could very plausibly be that much more advanced than we are.
                      Yes, but them actually finding us then making it to us is either only made possible if their lifespan is thousands of times longer than our own or they've actually found a way to manipulate space-time. Both seem pretty unlikely.

I mean, we're not just talking "they've been around longer and have better technology". That plays a role in making craft that are able to sit out in space for a long time. That doesn't play a role in faster than light travel.

Comment

World ends in 2012.... maybe its those god damn aliens

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                        @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
                          Yes, but them actually finding us then making it to us is either only made possible if their lifespan is thousands of times longer than our own or they've actually found a way to manipulate space-time. Both seem pretty unlikely.

I mean, we're not just talking "they've been around longer and have better technology". That plays a role in making craft that are able to sit out in space for a long time. That doesn't play a role in faster than light travel.
                          Well...I'd imagine that there are a lot more planets that do not support life than do support life thus I imagine that if they decided to start colonizing and mapping out space, they would have had to set up a lot of distant independent colonies and worked their way out this far. Plus they very well may have the ability to manipulate space time if you think about the infiniteness of the universe.

BK

Comment

Plus they very well may have the ability to manipulate space time if you think about the infiniteness of the universe.

Comment

I'm an alien

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information