X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIT!

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Not an option. It's home page looked nice!
      -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

Originally posted by Nalej View Post
        Not an option. It's home page looked nice!
        Sucks. If I was engineering, that'd be my choice

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

https://www.sta-21.navy.mil/education.asp

•University of Arizona

•Auburn University
          •The Citadel

•University of Idaho

•University of Illinois

•University of Kansas

•University of New Mexico

•North Carolina State University

•Oregon State University

•Pennsylvania State University

•Purdue University

•Southern University and A&M College

•SUNY Maritime College

•University of South Carolina

•University of Texas

•University of Utah

•University of Washington

•University of Wisconsin

Those are the only schools I'm allowed to go to.
          RPI would be a good school to go to as well. It's nearby where I live now.
          I'll go wherever the Navy'll send me though.

Penn State is looking real good right now due to Wally's post

Comment

Academically Wisconsin, Texas, and Penn State are probably the best on the list. I dunno which has the best mechanical engineering program tho.

by BoneKrusher
            <DG> how metal unseen
            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

https://www.sta-21.navy.mil/education.asp

•University of Arizona

•Auburn University
              •The Citadel

•University of Idaho

•University of Illinois

•University of Kansas

•University of New Mexico

•North Carolina State University

•Oregon State University

•Pennsylvania State University

•Purdue University

•Southern University and A&M College

•SUNY Maritime College

•University of South Carolina

•University of Texas

•University of Utah

•University of Washington

•University of Wisconsin

Those are the only schools I'm allowed to go to.
              RPI would be a good school to go to as well. It's nearby where I live now.
              I'll go wherever the Navy'll send me though.

Penn State is looking real good right now due to Wally's post
              In terms of Engineering the best schools on that list (really the best schools overall on that list) are these:

U of Illinois (I assume you mean the Champaign/Urbana campus)
              U of Wisconsin (I assume you mean the Madison campus)
              Purdue University
              University of Texas (I assume you mean the Austin campus)

U of Washington

Those four schools above are generally in the Top 40 nationally ranked undergraduate programs. U of Illinois and Wisconsin are ranked I believe T-32nd overall (7th among public universities) and the other two are not far behind. Illinois is a better engineering school but I know Wisconsin is also up there, especially for nuclear engineering. Wisconsin has its own nuclear reactor on campus for research, etc and apparently that's pretty rare. Wisconsin also has the highest federal research grant program in the entire nation meaning more money pumped into research programs.

Comment

Damn man, congratulations, those are some excellent choices and you should be set with whatever you take.

Out of your original choices I think you would love University of Arizona. All the beautiful females aside since your married and that's not your driving force(but I had to mention it since I think they have one of the best rated campuses for beautiful women and it's so true) but the campus is beautiful, so is the outside area. Then again, most of those schools probably are but I have heard nothing but good things about that school, and I've visited there and know how great of a place it is.

I do know that Univ. of Texas has some superb academics, in the entire country. Obviously they aren't the only school on that list, but it's definately up there with one of the best you can go to.

I think any of those schools would look great with a degree though so I'd take an education from pretty much anywhere you listed and be proud.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

My deadline is Monday and I've been accepted to PSU and UNM. (Notified by email)
                  I gave up on Arizona bc the LT there is a dick and I'm not trying to deal with that while I'm in ROTC.
                  Oregon State said they'll have a decision for me today.

With my deadline so close- PSU is the only acceptance letter I have in hand.
                  UNM is still in the mail and OSU will probably be sent out today or tomorrow.
                  I love PSU as a school and I like what I've seen of their ROTC unit.
                  I like UNM's location and is far more affordable. The ROTC seems cool too.
                  I'm leaning to UNM if I get the acceptance letter in time...

Comment

I gave up on Arizona bc the LT there is a dick and I'm not trying to deal with that while I'm in ROTC.
                    Get used to that. Every O-1 to O-2 assigned to an ROTC battalion:
                    a) thinks they are a God
                    b) is a dick (or a ***** if they are female)

What they don't realize is they are there because no one else wants them, but the military has decided that they can't throw them away due to all the money they have invested in their training.

When I got to ROTC, I made sure I wore my NCOPLD ribbon so they knew I had been prior service and wouldn't play their BS.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

NC State is awesome... no bias here... patriots fans are always welcome.

(I'm a mathematics and computer science undergraduate about to finish his degree; will be done in Spring 2011).
                      **** her in da *****!

Comment

I'm considering applying for MECEP(The Marine Corp's Enlisted to Officer program) myself. They pay for all 4 years of my school while paying me my full salary and benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                          I'm considering applying for MECEP(The Marine Corp's Enlisted to Officer program) myself. They pay for all 4 years of my school while paying me my full salary and benefits.
                          You should do it. I don't know if you're trying to make it a career or not but if you are then you should definitely do it.
                          Some words I took to heart that someone in the Navy told me-
                          "If you're going to do 20 and you do it all enlisted then you're an idiot"
                          Simple enough. The pay is so much more on the Gold side.
                          MECEP sounds better anyways- they pay for everything.
                          I get 10K and all my benifits stripped. That ******* blows.

CJ- The PSU LT sounds like a hands off type of guy. Like he understands its only ******* college. UNM guy sounds more strict and by the book but he's prior enlisted and still seems like he'll be aight to be around. The AZ guy just made me punch him in the face though. He's the exact type that you described.

Comment

I realize there is more money to be an officer but I really like the hands on leadership you get as a Staff Non-Commisioned Officer. Officers are feared while a good SNCO is respected.

Comment

Yea, I understand that. More hands on "Deckplate Leaders" is what we call them in the Navy.
                              The reason why I did it though was bc officers generally control moral and all the decisions.
                              I've been under enough horrible leadership that I wanted to one day be that leadership so I can change ****.
                              Also, at the end of the day- I have to look out for my family- in their eyes- this is a promotion and a pay raise. That can't me overlooked in times like this.

No one in my fam has a college degree either. In 3 years... that won't be so anymore.

Comment

Yea, I understand that. More hands on "Deckplate Leaders" is what we call them in the Navy.
                                Lead from the front.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information