No announcement yet.

Dexter Season Finale ***Spoilers***

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I liked Rita, but mostly cause she wasn't some dumb annoying **** like that British ***** that torched Doakes, I forget her name, and I'm glad. Please don't bring any ****** up annoying ass girlfriends into the show :|

Comment

Yeah I really hope they dont just replace Rita with another female character similar to what happens on alot of series. I think this is one of the few occasions where a male lead doesnt need a strong female counterpart to play off...Hall is more then capable of carrying the show.
      Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
      The APS is strong in this one.
      Originally posted by killxswitch
      Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I wonder how much of Dexter's social life is going to change from this point on. As Harry said at some point in the season, Dexter started to date Rita as a social cover, and now that she's gone, he no longer has that to fall back on when giving an excuse as to his whereabouts.

You also have to wonder about how much Dexter will actually mourn Rita. We know he loved her, but showing emotion isn't exactly his strong suit, and if somebody like Quinn or Deb sees this, either a faked mourning or a lack thereof, questions could be raised. The more I think about it the better it probably was for the show, the death of Rita that is, but I was just starting to actually like her presence, so we'll see what happens...

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I was pretty much expecting anything to happen... except for that. So ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by P-L View Post
            I was pretty much expecting anything to happen... except for that. So ridiculous.
            I think that was my mindset going into that episode too. I knew there would be something insane and huge at the end and I prepared myself for whatever it was, but that ending blew me away. I never expected that. I never even considered it when I was thinking of shocker ending possibilities.

It really is a waste, too. I thought Rita was insanely hot.

Originally posted by fenikz
            His soft D really turns me off
            ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

I havent watched a single episode of Dexter but my girlfriend is into it and said she cried a little at the end.

Comment

I just wanna watch next season right now.

Comment

Well the FBI took over the case so Dexter could probably get away with the Kyle Butler stuff pretty easily. And I seriously doubt that Dexter will cover up what Arthur did to Rita and that whole thing can kind of be explained away because of Deb's connection and all.

Lithgow and Michael C. Hall talked after the episode in a little interview (Michael's hair right now just looks dreadful) and Lithgow made a crack at how he wouldn't want to have to write next season after the whole Rita ordeal. It's up on the Showtime website if anyone wants to watch it, as it is pretty interesting (minus the horrible shaved hairstyle Michael has).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I didn't read anything in here yet, but I just started watching Dexter over break and am currently through the first 2 seasons. Probably the best show I've ever watched. (I don't watch too many TV shows). But yeah, it's awesome, and I hope this thread will stick around by the time I catch up to you guys.

How is season 3 and 4 compared to the first 2? I thought Season 2 was better than 1.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                      I didn't read anything in here yet, but I just started watching Dexter over break and am currently through the first 2 seasons. Probably the best show I've ever watched. (I don't watch too many TV shows). But yeah, it's awesome, and I hope this thread will stick around by the time I catch up to you guys.

How is season 3 and 4 compared to the first 2? I thought Season 2 was better than 1.
                      Really? I've always thought season 1 was the best, despite the greatness that season four has been. Something like,

1 > 4 > 2 > 3

But yeah, season three is still good, but it doesn't have that same feeling as the others when it comes to suspense and what not.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau

Comment

I will bold everything you can read without spoiling the 4th season.....

For me it goes...

1. First Season
                        2. Second Season
                        3. Fourth Season
                        4. Third Season

All have been good, I really liked this season although throughout the whole season it wasn't as good as the first or second season. The ending was insane though.

-----

I'm about 90% sure it will end with Dexter getting arrested or at least strongly accused with Rita's murder. I mean, Quinn is already suspicious of him for cheating... He will have no alibi for when she died as he was trying to kill trinity. He was acting strange surrounding her death and the whole Kyle Butler issue.

I can see him spending the next season trying to get out of the mess from Rita's death. It seriously blindsided me. After he killed trinity I thought nice episode. Plus when Rita and the kids had left I figured at least they were in the clear, then when he got her voicemail I wondered how it was relevant to the plot... Then when he called her phone and it went off I figured something had happened but the bathroom scene was just nuts and ironic.

Great freaking episode. I seriously am like depressed/freaked out by her dying. It's dumb but it's going to kill me to wait till next season. I was honestly wondering where they would go in season 5 too, the possibilities are endless now.

Comment

I thought each season was as good if not better if they went along. Looking back on it season 1 really proves to be a really great season...but I think seasons 2 and 3 actually make it better than it was before since it ties a lot of pieces together.

I'd say 4, 3, 2, 1 The further the story goes the better it gets imo.

Comment

For me, its 1>4>3>2 I think. Jimmy Smits was awesome, and season 2 had some lapses in the middle.

As for next season, I dont think there is any way Dexter is accused of Rita's death. I mean she died in the same manner as the Trinity victims, so that will probably be acknowledged as a kill of his. I think what will be suspicious is why she was picked by Trinity and how Dexter is involved. Also, I think maybe some sort of relationship between Deb and Quinn forms, and maybe she lets it slip about Dexter's past, tipping Quinn off. Im not sure where it heads from here, but they certainly shocked the lot of us with those last 2 minutes.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

I actually think your rankings are spot on, Boston.

I'd also go 1 -> 4 -> 2 -> 3.

The first season was my favorite but after this last season I might have to think about changing the rankings up a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
                                Great freaking episode. I seriously am like depressed/freaked out by her dying. It's dumb but it's going to kill me to wait till next season. I was honestly wondering where they would go in season 5 too, the possibilities are endless now.
                                Couldn't agree with this more. My mouth dropped open and I still can't believe it. I can't believe we have to wait until the end of next September to see more of this show.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information