Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What laptop should I buy?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Dell XPS is the way to go, its definitely a little on the spendy side but its a good as they come.



    Originally posted by 49erNation85
    I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

    Comment


    • #17
      Make sure to do some looking around on tigerdirect.com. They typically beat out not only computer stores on prices, but usually the other online stores too. Even if you don't get a machine off of there, they have a lot of user reviews on all of the items that they offer. Great place to do some research at the very least, I built my computer entirely off of there.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
        Dell XPS is the way to go, its definitely a little on the spendy side but its a good as they come.
        I dont know technology, so I dont know this answer. Ignoring the aesthetics, what makes this for around 1000 bucks a better computer than the vaio falconer posted for around 700? It seems most of the specs are similar.
        When I eat, it is the food that is scared.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Rob S View Post
          I dont know technology, so I dont know this answer. Ignoring the aesthetics, what makes this for around 1000 bucks a better computer than the vaio falconer posted for around 700? It seems most of the specs are similar.
          So Im not sure what youre looking into or anything about these laptops (desktop guy) but I would absolutely not settle for anything below a Core 2 Duo processor wise. Its only a matter of time before quad core & (more down the line) i7 processors become more affordable in laptops. I certainly wouldnt spend more than 600 on a laptop that only had a single processor.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Rob S View Post
            I dont know technology, so I dont know this answer. Ignoring the aesthetics, what makes this for around 1000 bucks a better computer than the vaio falconer posted for around 700? It seems most of the specs are similar.
            I love my Dell XPS, but then again mine is a little on the older side now so maybe things have changed with it.

            Comment


            • #21
              DELL XPS got a 1920x1200 screen all you need

              Comment


              • #22
                My wife and I have a Toshiba laptop and it's been good so far. I recommend looking at them.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Rob S View Post
                  I am liking the vaio, falconer. One question, do you think it would have any problems with freezing up when running multiple apps at the same time, that would be important in the office.
                  the 2.2 GHz should be plenty to run multiple programs at one time and not have the laptop freeze.

                  Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                  So Im not sure what youre looking into or anything about these laptops (desktop guy) but I would absolutely not settle for anything below a Core 2 Duo processor wise. Its only a matter of time before quad core & (more down the line) i7 processors become more affordable in laptops. I certainly wouldnt spend more than 600 on a laptop that only had a single processor.
                  the vaio is a Intel Core 2 Duo T6600, so you're good.

                  this laptop is 15.5", i bought a lenovo over the summer that is 15.6" and it is a good compromise between the portability and multimedia purposes. it's a widescreen so vids and movies should be comfortable to the eye.

                  one last thing.. i'm not completely sure about this but waiting til after christmas to make your purchase might lead to a better deal. you could bookmark the newegg page for the vaio and check back on it in a week and a half. but it's still a good laptop for $729.99. the vaio is the most aesthetically appealing pc and are usually the priciest brand but this looks good. and you get the sexy mac style keyboard.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    i just got a new toshiba two weeks ago and am a big fan.

                    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+...&skuId=9549054

                    only complaint is that it picks up fingerprints easily on the keys otherwise i love it. its fast as balls, sleek, very impressive so far.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                      Dell XPS is the way to go, its definitely a little on the spendy side but its a good as they come.
                      Originally posted by stephenson86 View Post
                      DELL XPS got a 1920x1200 screen all you need
                      Honestly Dells suck... They care nothing for the customers. They have the worst tech support in the business, they use gimmicky schemes like the different colors or patterns to get knowledgeable customers to buy them and they jack up the prices to support their bloated marketing department.

                      Working in the Computer department (and owning one before) i hear more complaints about dell than any other brand.

                      Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                      i just got a new toshiba two weeks ago and am a big fan.

                      http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Toshiba+...&skuId=9549054

                      only complaint is that it picks up fingerprints easily on the keys otherwise i love it. its fast as balls, sleek, very impressive so far.
                      Toshiba's are very solid laptops. They have one of the lowest failure rates.

                      The machine above is a great laptop, good battery life, 2.2 Ghz processor, 4gb ram, 500gb hard drive and the best speakers in a laptop ive ever heard

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        it's funny to me that Cain works at a BBY because I do too, and he's basically saying all the same things I would suggest haha

                        Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          You should both suggest that under no circumstance should he actually purchase it from Best Buy :)

                          While I like the Best Buy, you can find pretty much everything they sell for less somewhere else haha.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by The Peefs View Post
                            You should both suggest that under no circumstance should he actually purchase it from Best Buy :)

                            While I like the Best Buy, you can find pretty much everything they sell for less somewhere else haha.
                            very very true. best buy has really high prices.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              http://www.bestbuy.com/site/HP+-+Pav...0dv4&cp=1&lp=1

                              HP Pavilion DV4. The screen is a bit smaller than I'm sure you'd like. But its extremely inexpensive. And trust me it gets the job done. Just make sure you remove HP's 4GB of vendor software. :/

                              sig by fenikz
                              Originally posted by ImBrotherCain
                              You are just a terrible person.
                              Originally posted by bigbluedefense
                              I have an iPhone.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Best Buy usually has decent DVD prices. :)
                                Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                                RIP themaninblack

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information