• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
    Ok Jimmy the Greek.
    I remember that **** hhahahhahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Hamilton did more for the country than Jefferson. Don't get me wrong I admire what Jefferson did but he was somewhat of a hypocrite and I'm not even talking about the slavery issue. He was 100% against big government but then he used all the governments money for the Louisiana Purchase. I'm glad he did but for someone who preached what he did it didn't make much sense. I also didn't like the smear campaign he used against Washington after he left his cabinet.
      My dislike for Hamilton would turn this political, but needless to say just because you do more for the country doesn't make you better. Also I'm not saying TJ was perfect. All these guys had massive flaws, slavery included.

by BoneKrusher
      <DG> how metal unseen
      <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Well yeah just because you do more doesn't make it better but what he actually accomplished was better. We're not the country we are today without Hamilton's systems. I understand how people think that's a bad thing though.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Ben Franklin was a Syphilis *****. Did I learn this from a history class? No.
          I learned it from the Office.
          Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
          RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by gsorace View Post
            Is it true the reason black people dominate most professional sports is because slave owners selectively bred the biggest and strongest slaves?
            Yes. But where the argument gets lost is when it comes off as taking away from what the individual athlete has done. The determination, work ethic, desire, focus, etc., the intangables a person needs to succeed at such a high level at any given sport was not "bred." That can't be handed down from genetics alone. It implies that white people have some sort of entitlement to the great things any or all black athletes have achieved. That their success is somehow our accomplishment.

The word "breeding" can also be incredibly offensive and rightfully so. Unfortunatly that's because of the level of truth in it.

I've always found this interesting and thought I'd try my best to express my views on it. Hope that's alright but I absolutely understand if it's not.
            I want a sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
              If I recall correctly, Jefferson and Hamilton were great friends, but politics ruined their friendship. I think Jefferson was pissed because Hamilton was Washingtons right hand man and he wasn't.
              it was Adams and Jefferson who were friends but hated one another because of politics.

Originally posted by Smokey Joe View Post
              I don't care what anyone says, there has never been a greater group of politicians in this country like the revolutionists.
              I dont think any of them have ever been great, but a look at our track record doesnt exactly inspire greatness.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011

Comment

Meh, American history is boring. Give me Eurotrash history all day.

I want that imposter BF51 to come in here. I'll pwn him. :)

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post
                  Yes. But where the argument gets lost is when it comes off as taking away from what the individual athlete has done. The determination, work ethic, desire, focus, etc., the intangables a person needs to succeed at such a high level at any given sport was not "bred." That can't be handed down from genetics alone. It implies that white people have some sort of entitlement to the great things any or all black athletes have achieved. That their success is somehow our accomplishment.
                  I agree with this for the most part. The part that I'd add in is that I've always kind of thought that the different average economic situations for blacks in comparisons to whites might be a good foundation for their athletic success. Meaning that, the ability to make it to the pros and having a lifestyle that is supported by athletic success is much more important to a black child when the opportunities for the average white kid in the suburbs are compared. That and it just seems that kids that are well off spend most of their time playing video games instead of actually playing and being physically fit. Keep in mind that my entire perspective on black life in comparison to white life is based not on actual experience, since I'm a white kid from a small town in Wisconsin. Needless to say, I've been lacking in diversity, ha.

Comment

Originally posted by HeavyLeggedWaistBender View Post

The word "breeding" can also be incredibly offensive and rightfully so. Unfortunatly that's because of the level of truth in it.

I've always found this interesting and thought I'd try my best to express my views on it. Hope that's alright but I absolutely understand if it's not.
                    I actually believe the reason for it dates back much further than slavery. It's just an idea I've had, so if anyone can disprove me, be my guest. I think it goes back to human evolution. The reason people from different parts of the globe look so different is because their bodies adapted to do different things.

In Europe, weather was much colder, and so white people usually have straighter hair that can blanket better than a black person's hair, and more body hair overall, it seems. Plus, the prey that white people hunted down in Europe were often very large mammals. Being so large, they were slow moving and didn't require speed to take down, just your usual cunning and strength to haul it back. You'll notice most "World's strongest man" competitors are white.

In Africa, the reason their skin was dark was because they got so much sun, basically. And the prey they hunted was generally smaller, because of the open plains. Gazelles and antelopes and ****. Anyway, because their prey was fast, I think that led to the development of their fast twitch muscles. Not because they physically chased down and killed their prey, but speed would undoubtedly help in co-ordinating a group trap on an animal.

The difference in athleticism isn't just circumstancial, it's an actual physical difference between blacks and whites in their muscles. Black people usually have more fast twitch muscles, and whites have more slow twitch muscles.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
                    Originally posted by njx9
                    do i tell you when to flip the burger?

Comment

It's certainly possible, I guess. I'd like to hear if any of it's incorrect, as well.
                      I want a sig.

Comment

You'll are a bunch of determinists.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
                        they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
                        Hint:Not the Bears.

Comment

Originally posted by TitleTown088 View Post
                          You'll are a bunch of determinists.
                          It is because somewhere at some time someone began a sentence with "you'll are."

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                            I'm a big fan of TJ (Thomas Jefferson). My favorite president during the 1800s, however, was James K. Polk. He actually is my second favorite of all time.
                            Polk? As in the weasel who schemed the Mexican-American War? Big ole schemer. And manifest destiny doesnt even make sense. I do like the idea that America always needs a frontier to conquer but not when it involves brutal tactics and straight scheming.
                            Originally posted by STARHEATHER
                            the only hot actreeses are adult
                            Originally posted by A Perfect Score
                            players intsimy latieres are sutpdi. the players areat all unituw/ o dpmt ebem aer about wat the lpater aare calling themeslves of whatever, terhera will Its sutpid/ neever be anothe said playerm. rscj p;syhyrt uniyeee, snf rhyrtrgotr, each player autntiwue for each syste,. /
                            Alcohol+Draft Forum= Fneuniest timez evverzzz

Comment

We can talk European history as well. Anything goes.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Grover Cleveland: great or greatest president?

The guy so nice, he came in twice

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information