The Philosophy Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by broth223 View Post
    Reanimation possible? yes. But requires huge ammounts of electricity and stuff.

My zombie plan? Well that depends on which kind of Zombies we are talking about.

1. The original night of the Living dead type zombies: If the zombies are of that sort then dealing with them will be easy. Ammo and food inside a fort structure with no windows. I would need a large vehicle (HUM-V, tank, garbage truck etc.) to venture for food once a month and look for other survivors and gather food.

2. The Resident Evil Style Zombies (and Zombie esq creatures): Well these can climb and bust through walls so in all reality I'm screwed. But I'd probobly go with the run away aproach and bring an accurate powerful weapon for when I'm surrounded.

3. The 28 days later zombies: These zombies are the smartest they are fast and can use weapons. In which case I would steal a boat bring it out to the middle of a deep lake and live off of fish for the rest of my days.
    In case of Zombie outbreak, we need to find broth and give him some decision making authority. He has most certainly given this some thought.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by CJSchneider View Post
      It most certainly exists. A natural, visual charm and positive means of oral, as well as visual communication, coupled with secure and persuasive attitude.
      u described Charisma with charm. What is the difference?

i dont think charisma stands for anything. Im not inclined to one person because of something that is just called charisma. Im either drawn to him because of his looks, or the things he says or how he says it. thats not charisma. Thats his looks, or the things he says or how he says it

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post

i dont think charisma stands for anything. Im not inclined to one person because of something that is just called charisma. Im either drawn to him because of his looks, or the things he says or how he says it. thats not charisma. Thats his looks, or the things he says or how he says it
        APS stop hacking Renji's account!
        Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
        oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
          don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend

Comment

That's a 2 for 1 slam right there.

Charm is what you put out, your demeanor and how you carry yourself. charisma is how it is perceived. A person you say is charismatic may not be what I feel is. Odds are, given the human factor, that most people will agree with who has charisma and who doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by *** Ork Wang View Post

Charisma and charm are for the most part synonyms now, but historically charisma's etymology can be traced back to a German word used to describe a person with the gift of leadership and later took on the connotation of exhibiting personal charm. The verb form of charm is used more than the noun form however, and vice versa for charisma. Charisma is a noun used to describe an intangible quality and charismatic is an adjective used to describe an act. The English language is constantly evolving, it's barely recognizable from the English of 100-150 years ago.

Of course charisma exists because there is a word for it. Kenneth Burke says humans are "symbol using animals" and that we language things into being.
              Last edited by senormysterioso; 01-11-2010, 12:30 PM.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Is man inherently good?

Comment

this thread got out of hand rly quick.

And Ward: I don't have an answer, because I think it's a poor question. If I answer yes, I can be shown all the **** humans have done, and if I say no, I can be shown how man cares for their fellow, sacrifices for their families, and how a lot of bad things he does were done with good intentions or for good reasons. The question is too broad in scope IMO.

by BoneKrusher
                  <DG> how metal unseen
                  <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                    Is man inherently good?
                    I can't answer that in detail without bringing a viewpoint of religion into it, so I'll just say yes.

Comment

Man is neither good or bad, man has the capacity to do both good and bad things but I think that the overall net of all the good things outweighs the bad things that man does.

sig by BoneKrusher

PACKERS BADGERS BREWERS BUCKS

Comment

Be a man; pick a side.

Comment

Originally posted by The Unseen View Post
                          The question is too broad in scope IMO.
                          So does that mean you believe that we can't judge man as a species, but only as a series of individuals? I don't think the question is too broad, the nature of man is an interesting topic.

Comment

But is there always a side to take on a question?

anyways

I'm gonna actually pick a side and say that man is inherently bad, but I'd need some time explaining my point, which I don't have.

by BoneKrusher
                            <DG> how metal unseen
                            <TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that

Comment

In response to Ward's question, I say no, man is not inherently good. When left to our own devices (and that is what is most important when dealing with this question, in my opinion) we are lying, cheating, stealing, murdering, surviving bastards. Placed outside common social structures, which have evolved to dictate what some call "good" behavior due to a sort of symbiotic relationship with others in that society, humans are not good. They are just like everything else...they want to live. The only reason we can be thought of as "good" and the reason we dont all screw each other on a regular basis is because there is safety in numbers. We realize we have a better chance of surviving in groups and societies then if we were all random and alone.

That said, if we were all random and alone, I have to believe that humans are not inherently good.
                              Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                              The APS is strong in this one.
                              Originally posted by killxswitch
                              Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                                Is man inherently good?
                                That depends on the definition of "good". But in reallity the answer is no. People just like other animals do everything for one of 3 reasons. 1. food, 2. Survival, 3. sex.
                                Stafford Sig by touchdownrams the rest of the sig by Sig Master Bone Krusher Avy by King of all avys renji

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Originally posted by njx9
                                oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information