Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2010 NBA Draft

(aka the John Wall sweepstakes)

OK never too early to start draft talk. I guess we'll start with a little game. Below are prospects who I think are very similar. Choose which one you like more and why. I'll write mine later.

Ed Davis or Greg Monroe

Evan Turner or Wesley Johnson

Larry Sanders or Jarvis Varnado

Tiny Gallon or Dexter Pittman

Avery Bradley or Willie Warren

Greivis Vasquez or Scottie Reynolds

Damion James or Stanley Robinson

DeMarcus Cousins or Derrick Favors

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
    Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
    http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966

Who should the T-Wolves get (I know like three of the people OP stated)

http://minnesotasportstwentyfourseven.blogspot.com/

Comment

The Clippers picked one of the worst years to be O.K. My John Walls dreams have been crushed.

Comment

Originally posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post

OK never too early to start draft talk. I guess we'll start with a little game. Below are prospects who I think are very similar. Choose which one you like more and why. I'll write mine later.

Ed Davis or Greg Monroe Ed Davis has been a disappointment. He's rail thin and will be pushed around by bigger players. Monroe fits perfectly in terms of a big guy who can handle the rock and start a fast break

Evan Turner or Wesley Johnson Just a stud, he can shoot rebound and his team is ranked fifth in the nation. I know about the triple doubles by Turner but I still like WJ

Larry Sanders or Jarvis Varnado For the simple fact that Varnado has 0 offensive moves

Tiny Gallon or Dexter Pittman Worked his ass off to lose 100 pounds and it shows by his play

Avery Bradley or Willie Warren Warren is too inconsistant for my taste.

Greivis Vasquez or Scottie Reynolds Flat out baller over do it all guard

Damion James or Stanley Robinson I can't remember a Robinson point that wasnt a dunk or layup

Cousins is soft. As Bill Simmons would say, he doesnt know the secret.
        Hi Mom. Send money!

Comment

Ed Davis or Greg Monroe

Monroe. Might not ever be a star but he has much less bust potential. 15/10 in the Georgetown offense is pretty sick and he would be one of the best passing big men in the league immediately.

Turner. His basketball IQ is ridiculous and is a natural scorer. Can get to the rim with ease. Definitely needs to work on his long range shooting but he has a solid mid range jumper. He's the best player in college basketball imo.

I can't really comment on this one because I have only seen Sanders play once

Tiny Gallon or Dexter Pittman

Pretty close in my opinion but I have to go with Pittman. I expected a little more production out of Gallon this year to be honest, something more like 16/10. Pittman has really improved his defense this year, especially shot blocking.

Avery Bradley or Willie Warren

Warren has more star potential but Avery Bradley is going to be a stud role player at the least. His defense is sick and I love his mid range game. Warren has a tendency to play out of control and a little selfishly at times.

Greivis Vasquez or Scottie Reynolds

Before this year I would have said Vasquez but Reynolds is just beasting it this year. Although I see him more as a sparkplug off the bench in the NBA than a starter

Damion James or Stanley Robinson

Damion James by far. Robinson is just an athlete as far as I'm concerned. If James keeps improving his shooting he's going to be a great player. Reminds me of Shawn Marion.

Favors. I don't think Cousins is a good enough athlete.
          Originally posted by Vikes99ej View Post
          Who should the T-Wolves get (I know like three of the people OP stated)
          Obviously Wall if we're in a position to take him. Otherwise Wesley Johnson, Xavier Henry, and Evan Turner are all good options. We need a 2 or 3 badly.

Comment

Ed Davis or Greg Monroe

Ill take Monroe over Davis. I like Greg's game a lot, I think he is much better suited for the NBA game compared to the college. Is a lot like Rasheed Wallace imo, including his tendency to drift and not use all of his ridiculous talent. But set him up in the high post and let the man go to work.

Also Turner over Wesley Johnson. Turner is a beast, i do get to see a lot more of him than Johnson. That said, Turner just has a much better all around game than Johnson does. I will give it to Wesley that he may have more upside because of his frame & athleticism but Turner is a ball player & i just dont see how he doesnt come in and impact a team right away.

Sanders vs Varnado is another one of those production vs potential debates. I think you pretty much know what you're getting with Varnado. He should be able to alter/block shots off the bench in the NBA, but I dont see his game or frame dramatically changing very much. Sanders is just a freak, those arms are ridiculous. Hes got his own issues, like actually staying on the court. But with Sanders it seems like he should be more capable of not only blocking shots but holding up in the paint against NBA big men.

Ill go through the rest later, enough for now.

Comment

Derrick Cousins is bigger then Favors and he's a very great athlete. I'll still take Favors, he doesn't take enough shots though and Gani Lawal is overshadowing him with numbers. If Favors decides to stay for one more year he'll have a monster season.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
              02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
              02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
              Originally posted by fenikz
              we all hate you

Comment

Still waiting for the Kings to get a real Center. Im tired of these "unathletic" centers that can barely play D. We need a force in the paint on both sides the ball. With that we'd have a real good young team that Tyreke could lead

"Just Win Baby"- Al Davis
                @SirStackAlot707

Comment

Originally posted by RaiderNation View Post
                  Still waiting for the Kings to get a real Center. Im tired of these "unathletic" centers that can barely play D. We need a force in the paint on both sides the ball. With that we'd have a real good young team that Tyreke could lead
                  Spencer Hawes is a beast and you know it!

Comment

As a UK fan I have a particular interest in this one. Can answer any and all questions related to UK players both on and off the court.

Wall is obviously gone, Patterson is probably gone and at this point, Cousins is gone as well. Cousins is really helping himself lately.

Comment

Evan Turner is awesome.
                      my scent?...like making love to a lumberjack
                      <TACKLE> i will ngata give you a bj raji
                      <+BOE> Scott, with Burfict's character concerns (whether legit or not) you think Pioli would draft him. :D
                      <+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
                      Originally posted by Hermstheman83
                      What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.

Comment

I wish Cuban didn't hate draft picks :(

Comment

Haven't been paying as much attention to college basketball this year as much as years past, who is a guard that has 3pt field goal range and doesn't need to drive to score points?

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                            I wish Cuban didn't hate draft picks :(
                            ya i wish Kerr/Sarver would pay rookies as well, traded away Loul Deng, Rajon Rondo, Rudy Fernandez, and Marcin Gortat, thats not a bad lineup by itself

Comment

Where do you guys think Harvard superstar Jeremy Lin goes in the draft?

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information