Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHUCK discussion thread (WILL contain spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dibs on Casey's daughter.

Epic finale! Loved every minute. Can't wait for next season!

That is correct comahan
    I ******* LOVE YOU DG
    <3 dg

Comment

• Seriously epic finale! Really great job by the writers! I think they tied it up nicely.. but now.. who is his mom?! I wonder who they get to play her for next year..

It looks like Orion had a ton of files on a lot of different organizations and missions.. that means this is just the beginning.

How is Chuck going to keep being a spy after he promised Ellie? Speaking of Ellie, I thought it was great how she learned about it.. and I can't believe Scott Bakula is dead. :(

I know I jumped around a lot but I loved loved loved that finale. Can't wait for the Fall. :)

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• It was a very good finale. They've done a great job with finales in their short tenure. Most TV finales are lacking but Chuck has done an excellent job of wrapping it up.

That said, for as good as this one was, the season two finale still can't be matched. It was way too epic.
        (shameless self-promotion)
        Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
        https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Yeah, this doesn't touch the s2 finale, but it was still VERY well done.

Another note: Adam Baldwin was amazing this episode. I loved that he went to protect his daughter right away.. seems like there is a human side to Col. John Casey yet.. and I wonder if his daughter is going to be a returning cast member for next year? I somehow doubt it, but wouldn't hate it either.

Feinberg (who does a podcast with Alan Sepinwall) suggested that Mary McDonnell (from BSG!) would be a great person to cast as Mama Bartowski.. and I can't agree more.

Comment

• Oh God that would just be too weird.

That is correct comahan
            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
            <3 dg

Comment

• If not her then who?

I've seen two names floating around from the fans:

Lynda Carter, who originally played Wonder Woman
              Mary McDonnell, who played President Laura Roslin from BSG

The big thing is, the casting for his dad was so perfect. Scott Bakula was the perfect choice for Papa Bartowski, so they really need to hit a homerun on the cast for his mom now too.

Excited to see who it'll be. :)

Comment

• Awesome... Just Awesome...

Loved how everything is wrapped up and yet everything is still entirely open.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

• Overall this was a great finale. I am a little more critical of the show than some of you but I have to give credit to the writers on this one, great way to end a good season.

Pros:

- The Buy More blew up.
                  - Jeffster are FUGITIVES!
                  - Casey getting to know his daughter
                  - Morgan getting hardcore with breaking his own thumbs
                  - Ellie, Awesome, and Morgan saving the spies (car missile FTW)
                  - Chuck NAILED the Russian accent and look
                  - Ellie stopped being so dumb
                  - The direction they're taking looks very interesting (freelance spying, Momma Bartowski, etc)
                  - FINALLY Ellie, Morgan, and Awesome all know about Chuck and don't have to be secretive around each other anymore.

Cons:

- I wanted them to kill Shaw outright. No resolution there.
                  - I wanted to see what happened with the Five. No resolution there either.
                  - The use of Jeffster was not as epic as I expected during the ending fight. I didn't even recognize the song they played and they just really didn't focus much on the video at all.
                  - I will miss Papa Bartowski

Comment

• Allow me to respond to your cons!

I read an interview with Chris Fedak where he was asked about Chuck not killing Shaw, and he gave a great answer: Chuck shot Shaw on the bridge to save Sarah, but Chuck is NOT a killer.. at that point (in the Buy More) Chuck already WON.. and since he isn't a killer, he was done. What I would have loved, personally, is Shaw telling Chuck that he can't kill because he's weak, and then Chuck saying "I can't, but she can" and watching Sarah shoot him multiple times in the chest, but, eh, I understand why they did what they did.

I also thought it was a little too easy for them to catch the Ring "Five" but with a reduced budget and having no idea if they were going to get the back 6 episodes, I'll let it slide. If they had the full 19 order at the start of the season they could have spaced it out a bit more and made it a little more "believable" but they couldn't, so I'll give it to em.

You're definitely right about the Jeffster! video.. I was hoping it'd play a bigger part there, maybe even both Shaw and Chuck stopping and looking at the monitors weirdly before continuing to fight, but whatevs. I also didn't really think the fight scene was done that well, but you could probably chalk that up to a) Zach Levi not really being a great action actor or b) The intersect was on the fritz and it played a part in him not being able to just flat out kick his ass.

I can't agree more about missing Scott Bakula. Like I said in a previous post, I thought it was PERFECT casting and I'm a huge Bakula fan to begin with. It sucks that he's gone, but I'm thinking we'll see a lot of "flashback" moments with him in season4.

Comment

• If they really want to bring Scott Bakula back, they could you know. I mean, there was a cellular regeneration thingy that saved Shaw in the very next room.

They probably won't though.

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                        I read an interview with Chris Fedak where he was asked about Chuck not killing Shaw, and he gave a great answer: Chuck shot Shaw on the bridge to save Sarah, but Chuck is NOT a killer.. at that point (in the Buy More) Chuck already WON.. and since he isn't a killer, he was done. What I would have loved, personally, is Shaw telling Chuck that he can't kill because he's weak, and then Chuck saying "I can't, but she can" and watching Sarah shoot him multiple times in the chest, but, eh, I understand why they did what they did.
                        I get why they didn't want him to kill Shaw. I don't agree with it, but I at least get it. That is just how Chuck is. But all we know is that Shaw got KTFO. Did he blow up with the Buy More? Was he taken into custody? Where is he? I thought they dropped the ball a little there.

Originally posted by vidae View Post
                        I also thought it was a little too easy for them to catch the Ring "Five" but with a reduced budget and having no idea if they were going to get the back 6 episodes, I'll let it slide. If they had the full 19 order at the start of the season they could have spaced it out a bit more and made it a little more "believable" but they couldn't, so I'll give it to em.
                        Again, they should've showed them escaping improbably, or being forced into a NSA detention van, or something. It was really important to catch them. Where the hell did they go after the stairwell scene?

Originally posted by vidae View Post
                        You're definitely right about the Jeffster! video.. I was hoping it'd play a bigger part there, maybe even both Shaw and Chuck stopping and looking at the monitors weirdly before continuing to fight, but whatevs. I also didn't really think the fight scene was done that well, but you could probably chalk that up to a) Zach Levi not really being a great action actor or b) The intersect was on the fritz and it played a part in him not being able to just flat out kick his ass.
                        I agree that scene in general was not great. You're probably right about Levi's action hero prowess (though by now you'd think he'd be getting more comfortable with it). The Jeffster integration just faded into the background completely.

So here's a question. Chuck and Shaw had the same intersect in their heads, right? Was Chucks "specialness" with the ability to process so much info without problems the reason he ultimately won? Really, with the same intersect, Shaw should've easily wiped the floor with Chuck. He is stronger and has had more actual combat training.

Originally posted by Crickett View Post
                        If they really want to bring Scott Bakula back, they could you know. I mean, there was a cellular regeneration thingy that saved Shaw in the very next room.

They probably won't though.
                        I really thought with Ellie there that once they left she would go work some doctor miracle and save him.

Comment

• Originally posted by killxswitch View Post
                          So here's a question. Chuck and Shaw had the same intersect in their heads, right? Was Chucks "specialness" with the ability to process so much info without problems the reason he ultimately won? Really, with the same intersect, Shaw should've easily wiped the floor with Chuck. He is stronger and has had more actual combat training.
                          I don't think they have the same intersect at all. I think The Ring built their own.. I'm sure they incorporated many of the same things (no brainers like martial arts, use of weapons, etc) but I think it was their own creation.

What I'm thinking is, when does Chuck not need to flash on the same martial arts over and over? What about muscle memory? You'd think after flashing on something a lot you'd be used to it and wouldn't *NEED* the intersect to do it. Oh well, I suspend belief with TV shows anyway!

Comment

• I remember there was a big fuss made in one of the other episodes about Chuck's ability to process and break down the hidden images which the Intersect draws upon. I also remember a specific type of brain being needed for the intersect to properly run, so its entirely plausible that Shaw's brain didn't take to the Intersect the same way Chuck's did, and therefore creating any differences in apparent skill.

Great, great finale. They did such a good job wrapping everything up, that some other shows (LOST, anyone?) could probably learn a thing or two from.
                            Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                            The APS is strong in this one.
                            Originally posted by killxswitch
                            Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• I really loved this. I was about like Killswitch with my pros and cons, and I think their number one priority for mama Bartowski is definitely Lynda Carter. The woman at the end reminded me a lot of her.
                              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• They said that she was just a placeholder and they'd be interviewing people to play Ma Bartowski in the next month or so.

Like I said, it absolutely has to be a slam dunk here though as Scott Bakula was PERFECTLY cast.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information