Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHUCK discussion thread (WILL contain spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, as funny as it is that Jeffster is on the lam (sp?) they need to explain why they are considering so many people know why the Buy More actually exploded.
    Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
    RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
      Also, as funny as it is that Jeffster is on the lam (sp?) they need to explain why they are considering so many people know why the Buy More actually exploded.
      It will probably go away after a quick phone call by some CIA rep to the local police and media. Unless they decide to use that as a way to divert attention away from themselves.

On the subject of Shaw, I think he turned into a pretty decent bad guy, but there are some things I would've changed. He turned to the Ring because he was so furious about his wife's death. He wanted revenge. But once he came back he seemed too smug and villainy. I would've preferred to see him more unhinged, driven by grief and rage and conflicted over what he was doing. No biggie, I just think it was a missed opportunity to have a more original anti-villain.

Speaking of missed opportunities (and going off of what vidae said about muscle memory) , one of the challenges of this show is finding a balance between the bumbling nerd Chuck was and the slick intersect-augmented spy he is becoming. A good device would've been to show the physical effects of Chuck's body doing acrobatic things like karate and jumping past lasers without being used to it. His brain artificially knew what to do, but his body wouldn't be accustomed to it and would be cripplingly sore after a strenuous activity. Eventually his body would've adapted and his recovery time would've gone down and eventually vanished altogether. Again, not a big deal, just something that would've added to the growth of Chuck as a character, IMO.

Comment

• Anyone else think that the Orion files might make Chuck once again question Sarah and Casey in a few episodes in the future? I feel like that is going to get old real quick. That was my only concern.

Also, epic finale!

Comment

• Shaw's evil laugh was awesome. He was a fairy decent bad guy. His character was a lot better bad than good. :/

That is correct comahan
          I ******* LOVE YOU DG
          <3 dg

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
            What I'm thinking is, when does Chuck not need to flash on the same martial arts over and over?
            Additional martial arts graphics would cost money, and the show does not need to bring that particular anvil onto the thin ice its been on for years. Apparently, this is my 4,400th post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crickett View Post
              Additional martial arts graphics would cost money, and the show does not need to bring that particular anvil onto the thin ice its been on for years. Apparently, this is my 4,400th post.
              I didn't mean the graphics themselves, I meant that after flashing on martial arts 23847258923849 times he'd probably be able to accomplish what he needed to WITHOUT flashing, ie, muscle memory kicks in and he instinctively knows how to fight.

And yeah, Shaw was a pretty awful good guy, but I really liked him as a villain. I just hope we don't see him at all next year.
              Last edited by vidae; 05-25-2010, 09:29 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
              His soft D really turns me off
              ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• The Buy More exploding was some hilarious CGI.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Yeah it was awful, but with a reduced budget you can only do so much.

Comment

• I think the bad CGI works in campy shows like this and Buffy, so I didn't mind it. I was very sad when Bakula died, because I do not approve of Bakula death.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I agree good sir. Bakula is awesome, and it really sucked when he died.. I teared up a little. :(

Comment

• The Buy More going down can't hold Jeffster down, but does that mean the end of Big Mike?
                        RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Sorry for the double post, but I thought it would be interesting to bring up the names that were on the files at the end of the finale......
                          1. Ted Roark (DECEASED stamped on it)
                          2. Operation LARKIN
                          3. Fulcrum Files
                          4. Identity: ORION
                          5. Identity: Hydra
                          6. Corvus: Phase Two
                          7. The Aries Papers
                          8. The Triangulum (CAPTURED stamped on it)
                          9. The Fornax Group
                          10. Operation: CYGNUS
                          11. MARY ELIZABETH BARTOWSKI: MISSING

The two main things that stick out to me are Operation Larkin, which doesn't have deceased or closed stamped on it like some of the others. Also, it'll be interesting to find out more about the Hydra ID. Is it just another ID for Papa Bartowski or maybe mama Bartowski?
                          RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Chuck is coming back September 20th. This will be the first year that it will return for the Fall schedule! :D

Comment

• Sweet. I was hoping we didn't have to wait for January again.
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• So Linda Hamilton is going to be Chuck's mom.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information