Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHUCK discussion thread (WILL contain spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Routh is fine as an actor and I'd even say I'm a fan, but he has no chemistry at all with Yvonne and it shows.

Or.. at least not the kind of chemistry Yvonne and Zach have.

Originally posted by fenikz
    His soft D really turns me off
    ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

Yes. Shaw and the Ring have been my main problems with this season so far.
      Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
      RIP themaninblack

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
        Yes. Shaw and the Ring have been my main problems with this season so far.
        I don't really mind The Ring (although the name sucks) but Shaw just hasn't done anything for me. He and Sarah have minimal on-screen chemistry and his inclusion has not really benefited the show.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
        WHO DAT!

Comment

Thing about Routh is, he's still in Superman mode. He didnt really have great chemistry with Kate Bosworth in Superman Returns either cause he just puts on that stoneface. Funny thing is, hes this huge guy, but actually has a meek presence on screen. I personally like him as an actor, but Ill be glad to see him off the show.
          Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
          The APS is strong in this one.
          Originally posted by killxswitch
          Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

When they shot people blood splatter out...first time I think. Usually it leaks out slowly or just a red spot.

I don't I wanna see Chuck use a gun, but I do like this version of him better. He isn't a pansy now. Maybe they can find a happy medium, where he is still odd quirky him, but still not a pansy and a killing machine.

Comment

I don't mind the ring as an idea. I just don't really feel as they have been built up well enough. They just don't worry me as much as Fulcrum even though fulcrum was supposed to be inferior.
              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
              RIP themaninblack

Comment

Interesting last episode, they have the position to move both Sarah and Casey off the show is how I felt. I think the point has been reached where Chuck has to go after Sarah now because he has two doors. Door one is he remains Chuck and goes after Sarah, door two he dedicates himself to being a spy and the show ends as it is now because they have been setting up the whole he doesn't need help thing for ages now.

I think Ella also needs to find out soon that he is a spy or perhaps at least she needs to get suspicious of Chuck again as that dynamic was great and now she can both manipulate Morgan and spot Devins lies.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

I like darker Chuck and seeing him not be a pansy is satisfying. But I can see how this line of episodes might back them into a corner plotwise. Hopefully not.

Comment

Chuck tonight!

Comment

• Good episode of Chuck, but not great. I'm getting tired of waiting for "it" to happen, but there are only two more episodes of the "original" 13 for season 3. Hopefully there is some sort of resolution before that, otherwise people will get even more emo than before.

On a side note, does anyone think Sarah's "red test" was to kill Shaw's wife, Eve? That chick looked a little on the younger side, and Shaw could be manipulating the entire Team Bartowski to get back at the CIA/Sarah/whoever stands in his way to get revenge for his dead wife.
                      Last edited by vidae; 03-23-2010, 02:30 AM.

Comment

• Here's an article about the 2-hour season finale coming up. When executive producer says we'll be left " very satisfied," I have to think it means Chuck and Sarah will quit leading us on.

A significant death scares me, but as long as it's not Jeffster, Chuck, Sarah, Casey, or Awesome, I can live with it. Anyways this is the entire article, and I highlighted a couple points I think are significant and have me geeked. Can't wait.

You already know that Chuck’s May 24 season finale will showcase ear-splitting music. But what you may not know is that two-hour capper will also feature (warning major spoilers)…

at least one significant death, a childhood flashback with Chuck (Zachary Levi), Ellie (Sarah Lancaster), and Pops Bartwoski (Scott Bakula), and “two big game-changing twists” that exec producer Josh Schwartz promises will top last year’s. “This finale will leave fans very satisfied,” he continues, “and yet talking about what’s to come for a knock-on-wood Season 4.”

Speaking of which, Schwartz says the episode is not intended to function as a series finale should NBC do the wrong thing and cancel the show.

Much like last year, we’re putting all of our chips on the table,” he says.

We are going to drive our fans into a frenzy.”

Here are a few more “chips” to get you pumped for the big finish:

* Casey’s Crown Vic returns in a big way.
                        * Chuck has a mustache in the episode.
                        * Big Mike will have a very romantic scene with a Subway sandwich.

So, are you pumped?!?!
                        http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2010/03/...nale-spoilers/

They sure are hitting us heavy with the Subway advertisements though...

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                          Good episode of Chuck, but not great. I'm getting tired of waiting for "it" to happen, but there are only two more episodes of the "original" 13 for season 3. Hopefully there is some sort of resolution before that, otherwise people will get even more emo than before.

On a side note, does anyone think Sarah's "red test" was to kill Shaw's wife, Eve? That chick looked a little on the younger side, and Shaw could be manipulating the entire Team Bartowski to get back at the CIA/Sarah/whoever stands in his way to get revenge for his dead wife.
                          That's actually a really good possibility. One that I certainly never even considered. It should be interesting to see what direction they will be going in.
                          (shameless self-promotion)
                          Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                          https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• Chuck stayed steady at 1.9/5.4m viewers against a new DWTS, but 1.9 is not good enough to return, so these "steady" ratings are a really bad sign.

I would be surprised if there was another season for Chuck. I think this is the last we'll see, and then I will only watch NBC one day of the week instead of two!

Comment

• Originally posted by vidae View Post
                              Chuck stayed steady at 1.9/5.4m viewers against a new DWTS, but 1.9 is not good enough to return, so these "steady" ratings are a really bad sign.

I would be surprised if there was another season for Chuck. I think this is the last we'll see, and then I will only watch NBC one day of the week instead of two!
                              Stupid NBC. Why won't they try it on a different day? It's one of the few shows that's been okay (ratings wise) on an awful network. If they put it on a day with less competition (some fantastic competition, btw) I think it would do better ratings. It's like NBC wants it to fail. It's unreal.
                              (shameless self-promotion)
                              Like video games? Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
                              https://www.youtube.com/user/Forenci

Comment

• The show was pretty steady in the 2.5/2.4./2.3 area until Daylight Savings, and then it dropped to 1.9.. and then following week it was up against a big premiere in DWTS, and stayed at 1.9. No one is really sure what to expect from here on our but it doesn't look good.

And I've wanted them to move Chuck ever since House moved on Monday Nights. No show NBC has right now will compete with DWTS, House and the CBS comedy block, so it's not surprising at all that Chuck is being hit hard in the ratings, it's just not fun to see it happen to a show that I enjoy so much.

At this point I hope they re-order it for 13 episodes and throw it on Wednesday next fall to see how it does. Right now it won't improve from 2.3 against this competition, and it could potentially get worse.
                                Last edited by vidae; 03-23-2010, 01:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information