Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CHUCK discussion thread (WILL contain spoilers)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does NBC really have that many shows rating out higher anyways though. I mean what the hell else is even on NBC nowadays.

Comment

• That is the major thing right now: Chuck is one of the only consistent performers the network has. Parks and Rec and Community both have lower ratings but have ALREADY been renewed, so no one is sure what is going on.

Mercy does worse than Chuck, Trauma does worse than Chuck (and is reportedly canceled already, though no one knows for sure) and Law and Order is hovering around a SERIES LOW, but it could break the record for most seasons in the next year, and that would be reason enough to renew for the network.

Parenthood was supposed to be big for NBC, but it has been lackluster as well. Parenthood is almost a lock to be renewed though from what I'm reading because NBC owns it. Warner Bros. owns Chuck, not NBC, and that is a big issue.

Right now NBC needs anything that resembles a constant audience, and Chuck is head and shoulders above everything else they have for scripted programming, but it will always be a bubble show and always be in danger of being canceled on Monday at 8. It's that simple.

The biggest thing, for me personally, is that while the show started off a bit slow and a bit meh, it has gotten so much better the last few episodes. It will suck if it gets canceled when the show found its form towards the end, because the best is ahead of us. The season finale is scheduled to air May 24th, which is 7 days AFTER the NBC Upfronts, in which they announce their schedule for the next year. No one knows if Chuck will be on it.
      Last edited by vidae; 03-23-2010, 02:16 PM.

Originally posted by fenikz
      His soft D really turns me off
      ** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **

Comment

• Interesting episode. I really dont know where they are going to go from here, but I think its absolutely necessary Sarah finds out Chuck didn't shoot that agent. I really hope that gets wrapped up before the season is over.
        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
        The APS is strong in this one.
        Originally posted by killxswitch
        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by A Perfect Score View Post
          Interesting episode. I really dont know where they are going to go from here, but I think its absolutely necessary Sarah finds out Chuck didn't shoot that agent. I really hope that gets wrapped up before the season is over.
          I think that is going to be resolved in either the next episode, or the thirteenth episode. It has to be.

Comment

• My money on the significant death....

Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
            RIP themaninblack

Comment

• 1. HOLY ****.

2. HOLY ****.

3. I can't believe vidae called Shaw's wife.

4. ROMO LAMPKIN.

5. HOLY ****.

That is correct comahan
              I ******* LOVE YOU DG
              <3 dg

Comment

• ******* Vidae spoiling me. You're an asshole.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Holy. ****. I WAS RIGHT! I WAS RIGHT! That is the best Chuck episode to date. It's better than the hotel season 2 episode and it was better than season 2 finale. What a ******* fantastic episode! The critics and showrunners were right.. it just gets better and better from here on out!

I cannot ******* wait for next week! I'm gunna go crazy!

Comment

• Chuck's trending on Twitter above Justin Bieber. That's gotta means something right? Tonight might have been my favorite episode of the entire series.

I'm all for the straightforward Chuck. 1st admitting he's a spy to Morgan than putting it all out there to Sarah and kissing her like that. Damn, he nearly turned me on. I can't wait for next week.

Comment

• All that matters is that the ratings are solid tomorrow. Anything about a 2.0 right now would be a godsend, especially considering that House and HIMYM are repeats.

Here is to hoping that the buzz on this episode was big enough to make a dent. And hopefully people realize that the bad ratings were due to circumstances outside of the shows control. Speaking of which, next monday night is the NCAA basketball national championship game.. so more things for Chuck to go up against! :(

Comment

• HOLY ****! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Awesome episode. I dunno if Im ready to say best ever, cause the series has some awesome ones, but it was definitely a premier episode. Nice ******* call on the twist vidae. Also, for anyone who watched BSG...ROMO! *******! LAMPKIN!
                        Originally posted by Mr. Goosemahn
                        The APS is strong in this one.
                        Originally posted by killxswitch
                        Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.

Comment

• APS, Mark Sheppard has been on like every geek show ever so it's not really a nod to BSG fans that he appears.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                            APS, Mark Sheppard has been on like every geek show ever so it's not really a nod to BSG fans that he appears.
                            Yea but Romo>anyone ever.

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

• Finally caught it. Vidae, you're somewhat genius. Jeff and Lester at it again being awesome. Captain Awesome, Morgan, and Casey teaming up = even more awesome.

Anyone got a link to a preview for next week?
                              Credit to BoneKrusher for the Sig
                              RIP themaninblack

Comment

• Great episode. Love that they got the whole cast involved, seems to be a trend that when everyone is involved it is a good episode...

God Chuck is just so good, just a pity it's stuck on such a ****** and stupid network...

Speaking of which... Does anyone else remember Reunion and the awesomeness that it was for 2/3 of a season. I loved that show, still can't believe it got canned. Whenever I think of awesome shows and cancellation I think of it.

Props to BK on the sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information