No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I like Josh Harrison more than Brandon Wood after only one at bat in Harrison's career.

Comment

• Jordan Lyles making his MLB debut versus the Cubs.

Best of luck to the kid. Astros future ace!

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig

Comment

• When Pedro gets off the DL, Brandon Wood better be the one leaving and Josh Harrison better be staying on the roster. Kid has shown more in one game than Wood has the whole season.

Comment

• Jose Veras was such a steal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
            Jose Veras was such a steal.
            I was pissed when the Yankees let him go. He was a little inconsistent but he has set up man type stuff.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
              I was pissed when the Yankees let him go. He was a little inconsistent but he has set up man type stuff.
              There were some frustrating times with him early on, but his curveball is soooooooooo ******* filthy.

Comment

• Joel Hanrahan= beast

Comment

• -Everybody in the AL Central won tonight but the Twins. They are 19 games under .500 but I'm not going to say anything because they will probably end up winning the division.

-Dombrowski, please send Ryan Raburn to the Japanese League for some geishas or something.

-Granderson hit his 17th home run tonight. Still not sure who is going to win that trade. It will be interesting to follow in the coming seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                    -Everybody in the AL Central won tonight but the Twins. They are 19 games under .500 but I'm not going to say anything because they will probably end up winning the division.

-Dombrowski, please send Ryan Raburn to the Japanese League for some geishas or something.

-Granderson hit his 17th home run tonight. Still not sure who is going to win that trade. It will be interesting to follow in the coming seasons.
                    The Tigers won the D'Backs side of their deal, for sure. The merit of the Yankees half of our deal is determined by how well you think they re-spent the saved money on Granderson. We'll call it a wash for now. Longterm, it still looks good.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.
                    "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• this Eric Hosmer kid has a future in this baseball game

Comment

• So NL All-Star updates were out today. They have some real questionable starters on there, including Pujols. So with that being said, the NL starting line up according to Yodapoop currently would look like this.

1. Brandon Phillips 2B, Cincinnati Reds
                        It was between him and Rickie Weeks. But it seems like Phillips is on Web Gems and Sports Center top plays every night. And he can hit. He currently leads.

2. Troy Tulowitski SS, Colorado Rockies
                        Ahhhh, he heads most of my fantasy teams. However, its between him and Reyes. One of the tougher decisions. But his nickname, and the fact he is on my fantasy teams, Tulo gets my vote. He leads as well.

3. Ryan Braun CF, Milwaukee Brewers
                        He is in center cuz my defensive outfield is poopy. But it should be the top 3. And Braun is in it. He is the #1 OF on my list. And he does lead in voting now.

4. Prince Fielder 1B, Milwaukee Brewers
                        Toughest decision was between he and Votto. And quite frankly, being totally honest, I hate the Brewers less than the Reds. So Fielder gets my vote. Votto has the better average, Fielder has more HRs, and the tiebreaker is whose team I hated less. Some how Pujols is ahead of both of them, but Votto and Fielder are 2 and 3 respectively.

5. Jay Bruce LF, Cincinnati Reds
                        Okay, I really don't know how to configure this outfield. But the three I have are out there for a reason. Bruce leads in HRs and RBIs. So he deserves a nod. He is currently 12th in OF voting. I love the fan vote so much! Holliday and Berkman are 2nd and 3rd.

6. Brian McCann C, Atlanta Braves
                        We seem to debate him and Molina every year. Its no different this year now with Posey's injury. Molina has improved offensively this year, but McCann has improved defensively. Molina got the nod last year, go with McCann this year. Posey currently leads but McCann is 2nd and Molina is 3rd.

7. Lance Berkman RF, St. Louis Cardinals
                        There is only room for one of two Cardinal outfielders that deserve it. Berkman is the better story, so I gave him the nod. Its a great story, I don't think anyone saw it. Matt Kemp is another considerable, so was Andre Ethier. But I had to get one Cardinal in and Berkman is deserving, he leads in average. Its between him and Holiday.

8. Placido Polanco 3B, Philadelphia Phillies
                        Uhhhhh, Sandoval has been hurt. I had no idea who to exactly I'd go with here. I ended up with Polanco. He currently leads.

9. Roy Haladay P, Philadelphia Phillies
                        Best team in baseball for a reason. And thats primarily their pitching. Best pitcher on the best team. Now Josh Tomlin wouldn't be my starter in the AL, that will come tomorrow, but I only have one Phillie in the starting line up and that like by default. So I thought they should get it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                          The Tigers won the D'Backs side of their deal, for sure. The merit of the Yankees half of our deal is determined by how well you think they re-spent the saved money on Granderson. We'll call it a wash for now. Longterm, it still looks good.
                          At the time I thought we lost the deal because I thought Jackson could be as good as Granderson. I was wrong. Jackson will never be this good. And it's doubtful if he'll ever be as good as Granderson even was last year. The only thing that hurts at all is Kennedy. Although I'm not sure he could be an AL pitcher, even as a number 5.

Comment

• Reyes is the starting NL SS right now, not Tulo.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              At the time I thought we lost the deal because I thought Jackson could be as good as Granderson. I was wrong. Jackson will never be this good. And it's doubtful if he'll ever be as good as Granderson even was last year. The only thing that hurts at all is Kennedy. Although I'm not sure he could be an AL pitcher, even as a number 5.
                              Jackson and Granderson aren't really the same type of player.

Grandy has much more power. Jackson is a better defender, which is saying a lot given how good Granderson was (at least in his Detroit days).

Phil Coke is very useful. I bemoan the decision to make him a starter sometimes, but he's an asset in either role. Eventually I think he returns to the pen and is a top lefty setup guy again.

For me, it's a question of how Detroit used its savings from Grandy. They signed Benoit and Martinez this offseason with some of that money and I'd give those additions a B so far.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.
                              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                                Jackson and Granderson aren't really the same type of player.

Grandy has much more power. Jackson is a better defender, which is saying a lot given how good Granderson was (at least in his Detroit days).

Phil Coke is very useful. I bemoan the decision to make him a starter sometimes, but he's an asset in either role. Eventually I think he returns to the pen and is a top lefty setup guy again.

For me, it's a question of how Detroit used its savings from Grandy. They signed Benoit and Martinez this offseason with some of that money and I'd give those additions a B so far.
                                The difference between power in the two is much much greater than the difference in defense. We got the best player in the deal, by quite a bit.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information