No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terry Collins is going to kill someone after today's game.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
      Terry Collins is going to kill someone after today's game.
      He signed up for it. No other teams were exactly knocking down his door.

Comment

• Well this game got a lot more interesting.

Comment

• I'm as shocked as anyone that's for sure.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by yodapoop View Post
            Time for my AL Starters right now. I just looked at stats and who I was impressed with. And for both leagues, I wanted no more than two from one team for no favortism. And I want to reward the teams with the best records (Philly and Cleveland). So my AL line up.

1. Jacoby Ellsbury LF, Boston Red Sox
            Leader in hits. Needed another OF. His stats impressed me the most.

2. Asdrubal Cabrera SS, Cleveland Indians
            He has hit the most HRs, has the most RBIs. Plus man, I always want to reward the best teams, especially in the AL where I have no fave team.

3. Adrian Gonzalez 1B, Boston Red Sox
            The only position I didn't take a real close look at. I've loved this man since he was in San Diego and am glad he went to the AL.

4. JOEY BATS!!!!!!! aka Jose Bautista RF, Toronto Blue Jays
            Do I need to say really? He leads in homers.

5. Robinson Cano 2B, New York Yankees
            Most HRs by a 2B and a top 5 avg among AL 2B.

6. Curtis Granderson CF, New York Yankees
            Dude is haveing a great season.

7. Travis Hafner DH, Cleveland Indians
            I hate the DH. Its dumb. But he has the best average in among DH. Altho thats prolly maybe cuz he is injured. But screw the DH. And he is on the best team.

8. Adrian Beltre 3B, Texas Rangers
            Great story! Leader in HRs and RBIs. Only the average concerned me voting for him. But didn't mind it.

9. Alex Avila C, Detroit Tigers
            Russell Martin was another consideration. But I think Avila leads in home runs. And he deserves a nod. He a good story.

Pitcher: Felix Hernandez, Seattle Mariners
            I actually had Verlander down. But I decided I only have two Western division guys. I don't like that. So I went with Hernandez.
            1. Curtis Granderson, CF, New York Yankees

2. Asdrubal Cabrera, SS, Cleveland Indians

3. Miguel Cabrera, 1B, Detroit Tigers
            Take a closer look. Miggy has had the better season.

4. Jose Bautista, RF, Toronto Blue Jays

5. David Ortiz, DH, Boston Red Sox
            I love the Indians, but Ortiz is having a great season.

6. Matt Joyce, LF, Tampa Rays
            Not sure how you figure out the defense, but he's had a better season than Ellsbury.

7. Ben Zobrist, 2B, Tampa Rays
            I'll take him over Cano. He's a much better defensive player, and equal on the offense so far this season.

8. Adrian Beltre, 3B, Texas Rangers
            I like Beltre here too, but A-Rod is also fine.

9. Russell Martin, C, New York Yankees
            I think you picked the wrong guy. Both have had great statistical seasons, but Martin is the better defensive player. Martin leads AL catchers in homers, stolen bases, and has a .372wOBA. It's Martin.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• Those good ol' Buccos. Pathetic.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                7. Ben Zobrist, 2B, Tampa Rays
                I'll take him over Cano. He's a much better defensive player, and equal on the offense so far this season.
                Questionable at best. And defense has never gotten you into the all star game.

Comment

• Zobrist has been the far better defensive player, not really questionable at all. Cano has only had 1 season where he was a plus defender and that was a few years ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                    Questionable at best. And defense has never gotten you into the all star game.

Also, you are very wrong. It's not even close.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stash View Post
                      Zobrist has been the far better defensive player, not really questionable at all. Cano has only had 1 season where he was a plus defender and that was a few years ago.
                      Cano has been a plus defender his whole career, minus 2008 and this year so far.

Comment

• Would the Mets trade David Wright? What would their asking price be?

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
                          Would the Mets trade David Wright? What would their asking price be?
                          Anything is possible but the price tag would be pretty steep.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Rich Hill (top lefty BP arm) and Dice-K (better than Lackey) both have elbow issues.
                            Dice-K is having Tommy John and R.Hill might have to as well.
                            What the F?
                            -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                              Cano has been a plus defender his whole career, minus 2008 and this year so far.
                              What statistics are you using? His UZR has been in the negative 6 of the 7 years he was in the major leagues. I didn't think there was anyone who thought Cano was good defensively; his range is putrid.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                                What statistics are you using? His UZR has been in the negative 6 of the 7 years he was in the major leagues. I didn't think there was anyone who thought Cano was good defensively; his range is putrid.
                                He must have been using the Yankee fan eyeball test.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information