MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
    Twins are still really far back from being in any type of discussion. The only thing that helps them is being in an awful division.
    Originally posted by Xiomera
    The gains in the division standings has more to do with the Tribe collapsing, but good for you winning 9 of 11.

I realize all of this. Just saying though, it could easily be 5 games or so by the all star break, and we've done things like this before. Not to mention we're playing our JV team right now.

Comment

• The Braves and Dan Uggla are making me a happy man.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Yeah, I don't think the Twins are out of it. I could see them making an Astros/A's type run in the second half if they keep improving.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
          Yeah, I don't think the Twins are out of it. I could see them making an Astros/A's type run in the second half if they keep improving.
          I could see them making a Twins type run.

Bonekrusher.

Originally posted by JordanTaber
          Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.

Comment

• random

from Reddit, but I thought people who read this thread would get more of a kick out of it

Thanks to BK for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by umphrey View Post
              random

from Reddit, but I thought people who read this thread would get more of a kick out of it
              I recently attempted this in a kickball game.

It didn't work.

Comment

• The Mets are doing pretty well considering they've been without Wright and Davis for a long time now. At least they've been fun to watch up to this point. Reyes is just kicking ass and taking names right now.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Matt Kemp for NL MVP?

Comment

• Originally posted by KCJ58 View Post
                    Matt Kemp for NL MVP?
                    I'd say Reyes, Prince, Kemp, Votto, and Berkman are probably the top 5 right now. That's just a random order.
                    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• With the discussion being brought of up realigning baseball with the Astros possibly moving, I took up the task of writing a post about how I would realign the MLB. Here's the final result plus reasons:

American League

Northeastern Division
                      Atlanta Braves
                      Boston Red Sox
                      New York Mets
                      New York Yankees
                      Philadelphia Phillies

Reasoning: Four of the teams with the biggest payrolls in the MLB along with the Braves who have an intense rivalry with the Mets and could start a rivalry with Boston, who had the Braves before Atlanta.

Atlantic Division
                      Baltimore Orioles
                      Florida Marlins
                      Pittsburgh Pirates
                      Tampa Bay Rays
                      Washington Nationals

Reasoning: All small market teams, the Orioles and Nationals have a budding rivalry, the Rays and Marlins are geographic pairs, and the Pirates are a geographic fit with Baltimore and Washington.

Western Division
                      Arizona Diamondbacks
                      Colorado Rockies
                      Houston Astros
                      Texas Rangers
                      Seattle Mariners

Reasoning: All geographic fits. Texas and Seattle are already division rivals as are Colorado and Arizona. The Astros and Rangers already posses an in-state rival.

National League

Great Lakes Division
                      Detroit Tigers
                      Cincinnati Reds
                      Cleveland Indians
                      Minnesota Twins
                      Toronto Blue Jays

Reasoning: Minnesota maintains current division rivals Detroit and Cleveland while Cincinnati and Cleveland maintain their in-state rivalry by having it become a division rival. Detroit and Toronto renew their rivalry that they once had when the Tigers were in the AL East.

Midwest Division
                      Chicago Cubs
                      Chicago White Sox
                      Kansas City Royals
                      Milwaukee Brewers
                      St. Louis Cardinals

Reasoning: Cardinals, Cubs, and White Sox had to be in the same division. Brewers versus Cubs is becoming a strong rivalry and the Royals are trying to become rivals with the Cardinals. This could be called the National League “Rivals” Division.

Pacific Division
                      Los Angeles Angels
                      Los Angeles Dodgers
                      Oakland Athletics
                      San Diego Padres
                      San Francisco Giants

Reasoning: Geographic fits. Angels and Dodgers rivalry, Dodgers and Giants rivalry, Giants and Athletics rivalry, and San Diego being a rival with the Giants and Dodgers.
                      Last edited by diabsoule; 06-13-2011, 09:16 PM.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
                      WHO DAT!

Comment

• WAY TOO much change. Having the Astros switching leagues and having to play interleague series constantly throughout the year is radical change enough. That many teams switching leagues would drive fans of the deep end. Also the biggest reason for change is to get rid of the unbalanced schedule and not have divisions.
                        Last edited by Jughead10; 06-13-2011, 09:03 PM.

Comment

• Yeah, I know my plan is too radical but I don't see how it would drive fans off the deep end. I know that Milwaukee switching divisions in 1998 was off-the-wall at the time. I think radical change is needed in MLB just for competitive balance.

WHO DAT!

Comment

• Milwaukee switching leagues was off the wall. And so would the Astros switching leagues. That many teams switching would be way beyond that. I don't think they even need to do as much as what is rumored. They just need to scrap the unbalanced schedule. Apparently the players are pushing it. It's not really fair that the NL central has 6 teams competing for one division spot and the AL west has 4 for the same.

Comment

• I'd love to be in that division. The Pirates could win it every year!! lol. I think it's more likely that the Stros go to the AL West or Pittsburgh goes to the NL East.

Comment

• That post was all part of a larger blog post. In the end I say that the idea was too radical for the MLB. It's just fun to daydream.

WHO DAT!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information