No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ya I would not want to see the Mets switch leagues and go into a division like that.

Comment

• That scenario would also create power divisions and very weak divisions. People hate it when 8-8 teams make the playoffs in football. This would allow mediocre to boderline bad teams in the playoffs.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
        Yeah, I know my plan is too radical but I don't see how it would drive fans off the deep end. I know that Milwaukee switching divisions in 1998 was off-the-wall at the time. I think radical change is needed in MLB just for competitive balance.
        That many teams going from DH leagues to no DH leagues, or vice versa would create havoc.

Teams are built based on either having a DH or not, and it effects a lot more than simply having to send pitchers to the plate.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          That scenario would also create power divisions and very weak divisions. People hate it when 8-8 teams make the playoffs in football. This would allow mediocre to borderline bad teams in the playoffs.
          It'd be like D-Unit's WAR League, if anyone here is in it.

haha
          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
            That many teams going from DH leagues to no DH leagues, or vice versa would create havoc.

Teams are built based on either having a DH or not, and it effects a lot more than simply having to send pitchers to the plate.
            Obviously something would be done about the DH role if something THAT drastic were to happen. Basically I proposed how I would re-align baseball. And I'm in the camp that doesn't like the DH

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
            WHO DAT!

Comment

• Ramon Santiago, walkoff double to win it in the 10th.

Tigers-Tribe tied for first. 3 game series starts tomorrow.
              R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• just get rid of the DH, ******** to have 2 separate sets of rules for 1 league

Comment

• I really think just added a 2nd wild card team per league and playing a one game play in, in addition to balancing the scheulde would go a very long way in making it more competitive. But it's pretty competitive as is. Baseball gets about the same playoff tunrover as football. And it has had more teams win championships in the last 10 years than football has.

Comment

• Originally posted by diabsoule View Post
                    Obviously something would be done about the DH role if something THAT drastic were to happen. Basically I proposed how I would re-align baseball. And I'm in the camp that doesn't like the DH
                    Baseball would lose popularity if it did away with the Designated Hitter. No one pays to see the pitcher hit. It's just not good for drawing fan interest. There isn't one pitcher that demands much respect at the plate.
                    R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Originally posted by fenikz View Post
                      just get rid of the DH, ******** to have 2 separate sets of rules for 1 league
                      If anything were to ever happen regarding the DH, you'd be smart to bet the farm on the NL adopting it.

Comment

• MLB should go to two 15 team leagues. The 4 top teams make the playoffs and then the schedule could be broken down easily. A 1 game playoff is pointless.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The DH is **** by the way and it's one of two reasons why everyone thinks the AL is so much better.
                          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I hope they keep the DH in effect. I don't want to see my pitchers having to bat and baseball needs some excitement so having a capable hitter is better for the sport.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I like the strategy more than the runs.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                I like the strategy more than the runs.
                                But runs equals money. For the players and the owners. The DH is never leaving. It's how baseball is played worldwide now.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information