No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't disagree with what youre saying. The NL is more likely to adopt the DH than the AL is to lose it. I disagree with that though.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Fenikz how come you don't pimp Drew more? He's been a top 5 SS all year and you haven't said a word about it.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• We don't need pitchers getting hurt running the bases any more than it already happens in the NL. There is nothing fun about watching the pitchers hit.

I like the strategy and the purity (for lack of a better word) that having the pitchers bat creates, but from a practical standpoint (and a financial one), it makes no sense to get rid of the DH.
        R.I.P. L.E.F.
        "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Ehh I've never seen or heard of one pitcher getting hurt getting an AB.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
            Ehh I've never seen or heard of one pitcher getting hurt getting an AB.
            It's happened. Position players are hurt all the time running them.

If you think it happens infrequently, it's only because they run the bases station to station making efforts not to get hurt by playing it safe.
            R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Ehh I've never seen or heard of one pitcher getting hurt getting an AB.
              Chien-Ming Wang got hurt running the bases down in Houston in 2008. It happened in June and he was done for the year.

Sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Ok well that's fine. The point still stand that SP's don't get hurt while batting or running the bases. If you want to argue that the offense is less because of it well that's obvious.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                  Chien-Ming Wang got hurt running the bases down in Houston in 2008. It happened in June and he was done for the year.
                  Once in a blue moon is what I should have said.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricanes25 View Post
                    Someone got hurt doing the same last year too. Can't remember who though. This is way back but David Cone shattered his finger not bunting properly.

Comment

Ok well that's fine. The point still stand that SP's don't get hurt while batting or running the bases. If you want to argue that the offense is less because of it well that's obvious.
                      If regular position players get hurt running the bases and at the plate, then pitchers will too. They don't operate in a magic bubble when not on the mound, haha.
                      R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• The odds of it happening are small.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

The odds of it happening are small.
                          It's just one of a dozen good reasons against abolishing the DH.
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Fenikz how come you don't pimp Drew more? He's been a top 5 SS all year and you haven't said a word about it.
                            I don't talk individuals much, he's been a top 5 SS the past 3 years I figured everyone knew by now

Comment

• Well you like to pimp a lot.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I had no idea that Florida just fell off completely as of late. They were right there hanging with the Braves and Phils, and then BAM! 1-9 in their last 10. They're like one game under .500 now. Ouch.

As for some really early playoff talk...I have a hard time envisioning the Phils or Braves not making it. The race for the wild card spot is going to be ridiculous all season long.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information