MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
    ...why? Lowrie is contributor well, albeit not at the pace he was before due to injury. He'll be back after the All Star Break at the latest too. Scutaro is also having a real good year, quietly. Considering how much we have invested as an organization in Iglesias as well as the kind of contract we've given out recently, it's just not worth it at all. Those kind of rumors aren't even up here at all either, might be a localized thing.
    No offense but you kind of lost credibility on the subject when you said Lowrie will out hit Reyes. I'm not the one bringing up the rumors the beat writers/reporters are. Also, Iglesias is terrible. Check the NESN site, they have a Reyes to the Red Sox thing up.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      No offense but you kind of lost credibility on the subject when you said Lowrie will out hit Reyes. I'm not the one bringing up the rumors the beat writers/reporters are. Also, Iglesias is terrible. Check the NESN site, they have a Reyes to the Red Sox thing up.
      Iglesias is an all world defender, so there's nothing wrong with essentially being Adam Everett 2.0.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I'm not sure why there is this much backlash against trading for the best SS in baseball this year. Because of Jed freakin Lowrie?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
          Iglesias is an all world defender, so there's nothing wrong with essentially being Adam Everett 2.0.
          Even still at best he's then a 2 WAR player. I have no idea why he's rated as highly as he is in the prospect world. Ruben Tejada is a little worse defensively and also can't hit for **** but you don't see me rating him as anything more than a decent backup.
          #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Even still at best he's then a 2 WAR player. I have no idea why he's rated as highly as he is in the prospect world. Ruben Tejada is a little worse defensively and also can't hit for **** but you don't see me rating him as anything more than a decent backup.
            Everett helped those pitching staffs in Houston much more than anything else there did, just throwing that out there. But being a Red Sox prospect doesn't hurt too much.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I agree with you and there is a place in the game for a great defender such as Iglesias but I don't understand all the love/hype he receives.
              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Couple things;

I never once said Lowrie will outhit Reyes. I said that he can produce close to him, which he did for a long period of time, so you're really twisting my words on that one. Might have said he was outhitting him at the time, but as I recall that was true. Reyes is bucking the trend that he was going in as well in a contract year, so a lot of credit to him, but he's still not worth the money he's going to command when that BABIP comes back down to earth and the money is in the bank. It just doesn't make much sense for us to go for a rental(Hopefully, anyway) when we've got guys producing at that position right now and a guy we're high on/have invested resources in down the in AAA.

Also, with all due respect, this "you lost your credibility" **** is seriously lame too. I don't want to be this guy, but people are wrong when talking sports all the time. It doesn't mean we need to go and say "YOU HAVE NO CREDABILItY" when someone we disagree with turns out to be wrong. I will admit that Lowrie has struggled more than I anticipated him to lately, but he's still giving offensive production for us when he's matched up right and not injured. Everything the team has said leads me to believe they're perfectly content with playing Scutaro for now and waiting for him to heal up.

Also NESN has is a question submitted by a reader, nothing by any of the writers. The NESN website isn't exactly all world as a source either, they've never really broken anything major and would probably be among the last to report some kind of potentially damaging rumor like that due to their close ties to the team. Hardly anything hard there.
                Last edited by ElectricEye; 06-21-2011, 06:36 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• The Twins are absolutely crushing Bumgarner right now. 8 straight hits to start the game.

Comment

• Welp, winning that World Series was fun. This year, not smuch.
                    The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                      Welp, winning that World Series was fun. This year, not smuch.

Tejada/Hall might be the worst defensive middle infield ever.

Comment

• Thanks. I'm feeling much better now.
                        The Brian Sabean sig is no more. I disagreed with you on so many levels. And then you went out and built a dynasty. I am lame.

Comment

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
                          Thanks. I'm feeling much better now.

Comment

• WILY MO
                            http://t.co/P2tdN5Q

Comment

• Originally posted by yo123 View Post
                              Tejada/Hall might be the worst defensive middle infield ever.
                              But Tejada offsets it by getting on base a lot.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                But Tejada offsets it by getting on base a lot.
                                I sure hope this was sarcasm.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information