No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it really just comes down to some pitchers can handle and some can't.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• We've seen a lot of pitcher be way down in velocity and I don't think it's steroids related anymore. I think most teams in general rush these guys to the majors too fast. When they finally get up here, you shouldn't have to worry about innings limits anymore.

Comment

• I hardly trust velocity reports either anymore. If someone is saying they hit 95 I'm taking 2 or 3 MPH off that. The velocity is hardly ever what it being reported. I agree teams rush their guys way too much. Tampa does an excellent job with the opposite of that.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Took the Pirates at 35/1 today to win the NL pennant. All they have to do is make the playoffs and they've got a puncher's chance.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.

Comment

• how are the Pirates 35/1 the Suns were 100/1

Comment

• At what point in the season? Could be because an 7-8 seed has never made the NBA finals (I don't think), but the baseball playoffs are usually wide open.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                I hardly trust velocity reports either anymore. If someone is saying they hit 95 I'm taking 2 or 3 MPH off that. The velocity is hardly ever what it being reported. I agree teams rush their guys way too much. Tampa does an excellent job with the opposite of that.
                Detroit is the most obvious example of rushing their prospects.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  Detroit is the most obvious example of rushing their prospects.
                  Yes I would put you on the exact opposite spectrum of Tampa. Be careful Mr. Jacob Turner.
                  #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The Phillies are 6/5 odds to make the World Series. The Phillies are great, and the National League is weak, but that's crazy.

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                      The Phillies are 6/5 odds to make the World Series. The Phillies are great, and the National League is weak, but that's crazy.
                      It will be nearly impossible for any team to beat Halladay/Lee/Hamels in a short series. I know anything can happen but that's as fool proof as it gets in the playoffs.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• The 2001 Seattle Mariners were 116-46 and barely made it out of the ALDS and then lost the ALCS 4-1. Baseball is crazy yo.

Comment

Yes I would put you on the exact opposite spectrum of Tampa. Be careful Mr. Jacob Turner.
                          I am terrified of them rushing him to the majors this year when Porcello craps out again. I am hoping to hell that they keep him down in AA no matter what this season. But just take a look at the rushed prospects in the last half decade...

Andrew Miller, Cameron Maybin (both of these two barely recovering now), Rick Porcello, Ryan Perry, Andrew Oliver, Jeremy Bonderman, Alex Avila (well this has turned out alright), Austin Jackson...

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

It will be nearly impossible for any team to beat Halladay/Lee/Hamels in a short series. I know anything can happen but that's as fool proof as it gets in the playoffs.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Seattle didn't have a rotation that strong. The best example would be the 90's Braves but Philly will be considered a huge failure if they don't make it to the WS. 2001 Seattle even with that record didn't even have great pitching. Heck looking back at that team I still don't know how they even won 100 games with that roster.
                              #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Verlander would have to pitch every game. They have 3 Verlander's.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information