MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    I am terrified of them rushing him to the majors this year when Porcello craps out again. I am hoping to hell that they keep him down in AA no matter what this season. But just take a look at the rushed prospects in the last half decade...

Andrew Miller, Cameron Maybin (both of these two barely recovering now), Rick Porcello, Ryan Perry, Andrew Oliver, Jeremy Bonderman, Alex Avila (well this has turned out alright), Austin Jackson...
    Dombrowski and Leyland should be put in baseball prison for that mess. The only 2 players the Mets really rushed were Reyes and Pelfrey. It worked out in one case after a very slow start but Pelf is still pitching only with a crappy fastball and no offspeed stuff.
    #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Verlander would have to pitch every game. They have 3 Verlander's.
      There's only one Justin Verlander.
      R.I.P. L.E.F.
      "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Seattle didn't have a rotation that strong. The best example would be the 90's Braves but Philly will be considered a huge failure if they don't make it to the WS. 2001 Seattle even with that record didn't even have great pitching. Heck looking back at that team I still don't know how they even won 100 games with that roster.
        They all played absolutely out of their minds.

Ichiro was the best hitter in baseball. Boone was one of the/if not the best hitting 2nd basemen in baseball. Mike Cameron was never a great player but was at his best during those seasons. Olereud was as solid as they come at 1st base....didnt hit a ton of homeruns but was always a batting crown contender and played gold glove defense. Edgar....was a boss.

And during that season I seem to remember Moyer and Garcia being legit cy young contenders along with a closer who couldnt blow a save that year even if he wanted too.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
        I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
          They all played absolutely out of their minds.

Ichiro was the best hitter in baseball. Boone was one of the/if not the best hitting 2nd basemen in baseball. Mike Cameron was never a great player but was at his best during those seasons. Olereud was as solid as they come at 1st base....didnt hit a ton of homeruns but was always a batting crown contender and played gold glove defense. Edgar....was a boss.

And during that season I seem to remember Moyer and Garcia being legit cy young contenders along with a closer who couldnt blow a save that year even if he wanted too.
          Best hitter in baseball? Can I introduce you to Barry Bonds at the time?

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• The reds are terrible with their pitching prospects as well...or should I just say Dusty Baker is. Idk if they necessarily rush them to the bigs, but when they do they have no problems throwing the **** out of them.

I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

Best hitter in baseball? Can I introduce you to Barry Bonds at the time?
              Best hitter for average?

Im very aware of what Bonds was doing. I was over exaggerating to prove a point that they were all having arguably the best years of their career.

Comment

• Go look back at the 2001 Mariners. They weren't that good besides Ichiro, Edgar, and a juiced up Boone.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Go look back at the 2001 Mariners. They weren't that good besides Ichiro, Edgar, and a juiced up Boone.
                  Lineup

C- Dan Wilson- Didnt get paid for his bat, but was solid behind the dish

1B-John Olereud- Gold Glove caliber first basemen. Hit .302 with 21 hr's/95 RBI

*2B-Brett Boone- Gold glove caliber 2nd basemen. Hit .331 with 37 hr's/141 RBI

3b- David Bell- Solid defender. 15 jacks, decent player.

SS- Carlos Guillen- Not very good that season

LF- Al Martin- Not very good that season

CF- Mike Cameron- Gold Glove caliberCF. Hit 25 jacks with 110 RBI's. Solid season

RF- Ichiro- Gold Glove RF, hit .350 with 56 SB's. Very very good.

DH- Edgar- .306 AVG. 23 jacks and 116 RBI's.

Pitching

Freddie Garcia- 18 wins 6 losses (Very solid 1/2)

Jamie Moyer- 20 Wins 6 Losses (Could have won a Cy Young)

Aaron Sele- 15 wins 5 losses ( pretty damn good for a number 3)

Paul Abbot- 17 Wins 4 losses (he was their 4)

Kaz Sasaki- 45 saves

Arthur Rhodes- Ace Lefty out of the pen

Jeff Nelson- Ace righty out of the pen

To my original point....these guys all played out of their mind that year. A lineup like that is very good. You just dont expect these particular guys to have seasons like that.
                  Last edited by SickwithIt1010; 06-29-2011, 05:26 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                    Best hitter for average?

Im very aware of what Bonds was doing. I was over exaggerating to prove a point that they were all having arguably the best years of their career.
                    Bonds was still the best hitter, the only advantage that Ichiro had over him was average. And the Mariners that year had amazing defense, that didn't hurt (Cameron, Ichiro, Bell, Boone, Olerud, Guillen pre injuries) were all plus plus defenders and Dan Wilson was known as a defensive catcher.
                    Last edited by Brodeur; 06-29-2011, 05:28 PM.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                      There's only one Justin Verlander.
                      In theory yes but you can make a damn good argument that all 3 Phillies SP have been better than Verlander so far this year.
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• That's not a 116 win team normally. I'm sorry it's just not. Obviously a very good team but it's incredible they won as many games as they did.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
                          Took the Pirates at 35/1 today to win the NL pennant. All they have to do is make the playoffs and they've got a puncher's chance.
                          You sir are a smart, smart man!

Comment

In theory yes but you can make a damn good argument that all 3 Phillies SP have been better than Verlander so far this year.
                            They've pretty much been 1-2-3-4 this year, so it's interchangeable (this is just going on the assumption that Jered Weaver's completely unlike his career HR/FB ratio will come back to Earth).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.
                              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

They've pretty much been 1-2-3-4 this year, so it's interchangeable (this is just going on the assumption that Jered Weaver's completely unlike his career HR/FB ratio will come back to Earth).
                                I can live with that. Back to my original point though it's going to a massive dissapointment if the Phillies at the worst aren't representing the NL in the WS.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information