Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Borat View Post
    Ridiculous as it sounds, Arod is no lock either because of roidzzz
    Of course not. But that's my bias. I think Bonds should be in too. All of them should be let in.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      When you think of Tex you don't think he's a HOF. He certainly isn't a dominant force at 1B compared to his peers. He puts up numbers that a lot of 1B in baseball put up year in and year out. Are Howard and Prince HOF's also?
      Prince is on pace in my opinion. But I worry about him holding up further into his career. Tex also outshines both of them in the field by a substantial amount. He should have been in more all star games as well but spent two seasons split between leagues.
      Last edited by Jughead10; 06-30-2011, 01:48 PM.

Comment

• Mike Cameron DFA and Yamaico Navarro called up to the big club. Navvaro has been on a tear after starting the year with some injury problems, so we basically get rid of a player hurting us and call one up who can both helps us at the plate and not hurt us with the glove. Should see a fair share of AB's. Also gives Reddick the in for the 200+ AB JD Drew injury replacement, which I'm absolutely fine with because of how he's hitting.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Tex is a much better hitter than Howard IMO.

Originally posted by 49erNation85
          I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.

Comment

• Mike Cameron
            Price: $15 million
            Value: $-4 million

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
              Mike Cameron
              Price: $15 million
              Value: $-4 million
              It's a damn shame Francona was a believer right up until yesterday. He's been loafing around in the outfield too, on top of the struggles at the plate.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
                Tex is a much better hitter than Howard IMO.
                Not really. Tex gets on base a little more than Howard does but he makes up for it by slugging more than Tex. Tex's defense is in another strasophere though.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Well CC was just filthy today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                    Not really. Tex gets on base a little more than Howard does but he makes up for it by slugging more than Tex. Tex's defense is in another strasophere though.
                    Howard is also trending downwards. Where Tex's power is trending up (at least this year) but most likely staying the same. His average has suffered because of it though. And Tex is younger, but by the smallest amount.

Who do you think will hold up better over the next 5-6 years? Because there is a fair amount of projection in any of this.

Comment

• Tex hasn't gotten on base at a .400 clip since he came to the Yankees, that doesn't exactly help him.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Damix View Post
                        Well CC was just filthy today.
                        Obviously CC loves the money and the ring, but do you think he ever wonders what could have been if he stayed in the NL?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          Tex hasn't gotten on base at a .400 clip since he came to the Yankees, that doesn't exactly help him.
                          I don't think it hurts him either. Of course it would be nice though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            Howard is also trending downwards. Where Tex's power is trending up (at least this year) but most likely staying the same. His average has suffered because of it though. And Tex is younger, but by the smallest amount.

Who do you think will hold up better over the next 5-6 years? Because there is a fair amount of projection in any of this.
                            Tex should be better but it's not like he's that young either. He'll be 32 at the start of next year and probably needs another 6 or 7 HOF years. I'd say he's had about 5 HOF years up to this point and this is certainly shaping up to be his 6th.
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• If Jeff Bagwell can't get in, Tex shouldn't be in ever ever ever.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                                If Jeff Bagwell can't get in, Tex shouldn't be in ever ever ever.
                                Excellent point.
                                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information