MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    If Jeff Bagwell can't get in, Tex shouldn't be in ever ever ever.
    Jeff's been on the ballot once and did pretty well for first timers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
      Tex should be better but it's not like he's that young either. He'll be 32 at the start of next year and probably needs another 6 or 7 HOF years. I'd say he's had about 5 HOF years up to this point and this is certainly shaping up to be his 6th.
      He only needs 5 more seasons at his career pace to hit 500 HRs. And he's currently well above his career pace this season. Is the bigger question that 500 HR is no longer a lock for supposed "clean" player.

Comment

• He's also on pace to hit more HR's this year than any other year in his career so this may be an outlier. As for the 500 HR thing I don't know how the BBWAA will handle it so we'll just have to find out 10 years from now.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
          Jeff's been on the ballot once and did pretty well for first timers.
          I hate that whole increasing number of votes crap, but I guess you're right. And once again, if Jim Rice can get in, anyone can.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I don't think 500 makes you a lock for the HoF anymore but if he got to 500 he would be in, it just the Mark Reynolds of the world who get HRs but nothing else that i dont think it applies to

Comment

• Red Sox ABUSED Drew Caprenter. Two straight home runs and Reddick just missed a third.

Hopefully this means the offense is back.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Plus, Adam Dunn is only 31 and he has an outside chance to get 500 homers in his career. No one would consider him a hall of famer at all (he's also one of the worst defensive players in eons, but still).

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                  I hate that whole increasing number of votes crap, but I guess you're right. And once again, if Jim Rice can get in, anyone can.
                  It is stupid. But it's how the baseball writers work. Judging by the amount he got in year one, I don't think Bagwell will have much of a hard time getting in somewhere in 4-6 years.

Comment

• 600 is the new HoF lock number. 500 is an awesome number, but you have to have more than that these days. Doubles are being looked at very fondly lately, and you better have done some pretty amazing **** in your career if your OPS is below .800.

Bags should get in. #21 All-Time OPS and a very good defensive 1B for awhile. Only problem is he's mixed in with the PED crowd.
                    Last edited by nepg; 06-30-2011, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• Pirates are two games back from the division. Suck it.

Comment

• The HR derby sounds kind of interesting this year. Prince Fielder and Ortiz were named captains of the NL and AL squad because they had the most last year. They could extend invites to any 4 players from their respective leagues to be teammates. I like it.
                        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          The HR derby sounds kind of interesting this year. Prince Fielder and Ortiz were named captains of the NL and AL squad because they had the most last year. They could extend invites to any 4 players from their respective leagues to be teammates. I like it.
                          Kind of stealing the idea from the NHL dodgeball picking of the all star teams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jughead10 View Post
                            Kind of stealing the idea from the NHL dodgeball picking of the all star teams.
                            That was just to **** with the Sedins.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• As if I needed another reason to hate Jim Leyland, he's now succeeded at breaking the great Al Alburquerque. He's on the DL with elbow inflammation after throwing 45 pitches for no apparent reason yesterday.
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.
                              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
                                Pirates are two games back from the division. Suck it.
                                We've somehow tied it back up. And we suck. The Pirates have a chance.....that makes me has a sad. Oh yeah, the Cubs lol......at least ur better than the Astros!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information