MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    Danny Duffy, Mike Montgomery, John Lamb when he's healthy, Jake Odorizzi, Chris Dwyer, a great young bullpen...
    Honestly, Odorizzi is the only one I'm banking on being a really good starter. Any fan will tell you they're lacking truly great pitching prospects. They'll end up moving guys to get guys like that, but it's tough to see how the pitching staff will turn out in a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
      Honestly, Odorizzi is the only one I'm banking on being a really good starter. Any fan will tell you they're lacking truly great pitching prospects. They'll end up moving guys to get guys like that, but it's tough to see how the pitching staff will turn out in a few years.
      I don't see why Duffy can't be a very good starter, he's just having a rough first 46 innings. It's not a big deal. And there really aren't THAT many big time pitching prospects right now anyway.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• I'm not saying I can't see the others becoming really good starters. They certainly could. I like all of them, I just feel like Over Easy's going to be a real stud and don't really get that with the others.

Comment

• God damn the Tigers' pitching staff sucks.

Verlander is ashamed of his teammates.
          R.I.P. L.E.F.
          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Twins going Bumgarner on Narveson.. 7-0. Mauer's heating up.
            "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
              Twins going Bumgarner on Narveson.. 7-0. Mauer's heating up.
              Eh, he has two extra base hits in the last like ten games.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Hanley starting to not suck, grand slam in the first inning.

That is correct comahan
                I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                <3 dg

Comment

• Another pretty good outing for Andrew Miller, although a little less good than others. Didn't have his best stuff tonight or control. Lot of stuff up in the zone that either missed bats or got hit hard.

Navarro made his presence felt in his first AB of the year, putting a real charge into a ball and depositing over the wall in left field. Would be nice to see him give us some offensive contributions for the rest of the season. The ability is there. Really one of the more under the radar guys we've had come up in a bit.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Thanks for the info. I'm in butt **** nowhere Pennsylvania (Pirate country :( ) so I don't get any BoSox games unless they're on ESPN.
                    It is nice to see another pitcher emerge though.
                    -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Originally posted by Nalej View Post
                      Thanks for the info. I'm in butt **** nowhere Pennsylvania (Pirate country :( ) so I don't get any BoSox games unless they're on ESPN.
                      It is nice to see another pitcher emerge though.
                      I'm in Pittsburgh boss. MLBTV is a god send.

Comment

• I'm too cheap for that lol
                        -Boston Red Sox-New England Patriots-Boston Celtics-

Comment

• Question: What is the longest appearance by a position player on the mound?

I feel like the Tigers might break it tonight. Don Kelly may have to be our savior.
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

• Hanley was hitting .353/.405/.500 the previous 9 games, just hit his 2nd HR of the night.

That is correct comahan
                            I ******* LOVE YOU DG
                            <3 dg

Comment

• Pirates almost swept a doubleheader in Washington today, but gave up a late lead for the second night in a row.

The Bucs starting pitchers have had a 1.82 ERA in the last four losses. Tells you a lot about how bad the offense has been.

Xbox Live Gamertag: DocSteel92
                              Rest in peace, Randy Pausch.

Comment

• I retract my previous statement. Don Fricken Kelly has to catch for the first time in his career instead.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information