No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wish Boston would trade Papelbon + prospects to the Mets for K-Rod and Beltran. Mets shed K-Rod's contract, Boston sheds ****** Jonathan Papelbon

Comment

• No way. K-Rod would crumble in Boston.

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
        No way. K-Rod would crumble in Boston.
        Who cares, make him the set-up guy and let Bard close. He can't be worse than Papelbon. The only saves the guy has are when he comes in with big leads. He puts guys on base every time he comes in

Comment

• Papelbon has really good peripherals, I would take him if I didn't despise him more than anyone in baseball not named AJ Pierzynski.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

• Originally posted by sbh15 View Post
            Who cares, make him the set-up guy and let Bard close. He can't be worse than Papelbon. The only saves the guy has are when he comes in with big leads. He puts guys on base every time he comes in
            You can only get a save when the team is up by 3 or less...

Comment

• Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
              Papelbon has really good peripherals, I would take him if I didn't despise him more than anyone in baseball not named AJ Pierzynski.
              I used to love Papelbon. He was one of the more entertaining, dominant pitchers in the majors when he first came up throwing gas and that nasty splitter. You could put him out there in any situation, for multiple innings at a time even. Then we found out about his personality, lost 4 MPH on his fastball, and stopped throwing breaking balls for no apparent reason.

The worst part is he now can only pitch in save situations, which is just about the most unprofessional load of **** ever. If you're a big league pitcher, you should damn well be ready to pitch when the team needs you most. Sometimes, that's in the 7th or 8th inning with a few runners on rather than a meaningless victory lap in the 9th. He used to be great for that...now not so much.

As far as that trade proposal and the rest of it goes; fantasy baseball ********. Wouldn't make sense for either team. Why would we want to take on a gigantic salary of a problematic player AND give up prospects when we're basically getting equal return? Just doesn't make sense whatsoever. Papelbon may have lost form in a major way and may be a major douche, but a real good percentage of the time he's an above average closer. We'll let him walk at the end of the year and get a draft pick and be happy with that.
              Last edited by ElectricEye; 07-06-2011, 09:42 PM.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by nepg View Post
                You can only get a save when the team is up by 3 or less...
                The official scorer shall credit a pitcher with a save when such pitcher meets all four of the following conditions

He is the finishing pitcher in a game won by his team;
                He is not the winning pitcher;
                He is credited with at least ⅓ of an inning pitched; and
                He satisfies one of the following conditions:
                He enters the game with a lead of no more than three runs and pitches for at least one inning
                He enters the game, regardless of the count, with the potential tying run either on base, at bat or on deck
                He pitches for at least three innings
                That's not really the point though, I meant big leads as far as saves go (i.e. tonight - up 3, he gives up a run, but still gets the save)

Comment

• I'm going to flip so much **** if the Braves lose Jurrjens. He's the new Maddux. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• Shut the **** up MOTH.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Shut the **** up MOTH.
                      Oh hush...Renteria was a World Series MVP.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                      KO KNOWS

Comment

• I hate that goddamn trade so much. I hated it then, and I hate it now. Just like Scott Sizemore for David ******* Purcey. UGH.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

I stand by McCutchen as first half MVP.
                          And you'd be wrong.

Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                          Prince did a pretty bad job picking his HR team also. How do you not at least take Upton for the hometown crowd.

Needs more Mike Stanton as well.

Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
                          I'm gonna kill myself.
                          Good.

Comment

• Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
                            And you'd be wrong.

Needs more Mike Stanton as well.

Good.
                            Yes. He hit a walk-off rope tonight. 2nd or 3rd game-winning hit this season. Been slumping lately, not walking much at all, but his batting average at around .250 isn't awful and he's swiped a couple of bags recently for some reason.
                            "I'm Ko Simpson!"

- Ko Simpson

Comment

• The Giants can't beat the Padres, not since last year. It can't be done.

Comment

• If Jair wins the CY Young, I will go ballistic on both Dombrowski and Renteria.
                                R.I.P. L.E.F.
                                "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information