Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Brodeur View Post
    I hate that goddamn trade so much. I hated it then, and I hate it now. Just like Scott Sizemore for David ******* Purcey. UGH.
    I kinda like that one.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by hawkeye123 View Post
      The Giants can't beat the Padres, not since last year. It can't be done.
      Lies, it just takes 14 innings.


      Originally posted by Scott Wright
      Don't be a stranger. Jordyzzzz would want you to stick around. ;o)

      Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Stash View Post
        I kinda like that one.


        Joe West just ejected your ass.


        RIP TheManInBlack

        Comment


        • Wait why would K-Rod crumble in Boston?
          #Chop


          sig by BoneKrusher

          Comment


          • Originally posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
            And you'd be wrong.




            Needs more Mike Stanton as well.



            Good.
            I said before Prince picked that Stanton needs to be in this thing every year until he retires.
            #Chop


            sig by BoneKrusher

            Comment


            • Upton has more power :)

              Comment


              • If the Mets are going to trade K-Rod, I would assume they would want cheap players, and prospects to shed salary. If the Red Sox want to replace Papelbon with K-Rod, they could work a three way deal with some NL team (Brewers? Cardinals?) so Papelbon can pitch there.

                Comment


                • We wouldn't want Papelbon. We're going to go young at closer so we can save money to re-sign Jose.
                  #Chop


                  sig by BoneKrusher

                  Comment


                  • I think you misunderstood what he was saying. I believe he was suggesting that Papelbon go to the other team involved in the deal (the Brewers or Cardinals as he suggested).


                    <@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
                    <@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
                    <+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
                    <+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.

                    Comment


                    • It's very possible I did screw that up.

                      Anyway looks like Reyes is out for about 3 more weeks. He just lost himself a good amount of money on his contract. It's also probably a good thing for the Mets so they could possibly retain him at a much cheaper price and also so they don't think this winning streak doesn't mean we're actually contenders. Beltran has been a great Met but he can net us something good at the deadline.
                      #Chop


                      sig by BoneKrusher

                      Comment


                      • How's Beltran's glove these days? I'm pretty confident that we can get some meaningful contributions from Josh Reddick and Darnell McDonald has been coming around as the 4th outfielder, but another player just in case if the price was right wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.

                        R.I.P. Junior Seau

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                          How's Beltran's glove these days? I'm pretty confident that we can get some meaningful contributions from Josh Reddick and Darnell McDonald has been coming around as the 4th outfielder, but another player just in case if the price was right wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
                          He's been about average for us. RF in Citi is really tough also and he's made pretty much all the plays that were near him. His range is no longer what it was but he's no slouch out there. He should be fine in Fenway.
                          #Chop


                          sig by BoneKrusher

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                            It's very possible I did screw that up.

                            Anyway looks like Reyes is out for about 3 more weeks. He just lost himself a good amount of money on his contract. It's also probably a good thing for the Mets so they could possibly retain him at a much cheaper price and also so they don't think this winning streak doesn't mean we're actually contenders. Beltran has been a great Met but he can net us something good at the deadline.
                            Shame. It's been awesome to watch him play this year, and seeing him get an MVP would have just been fantastic. As you said though, no chance we aren't sellers now, and hopefully Reyes comes back cheaper.

                            And I'll miss Beltran, but there's a really good chance we get an attractive piece for him. If this is the case, it's an absolute must that we deal him.

                            Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                            How's Beltran's glove these days? I'm pretty confident that we can get some meaningful contributions from Josh Reddick and Darnell McDonald has been coming around as the 4th outfielder, but another player just in case if the price was right wouldn't be the worst thing in the world.
                            Average-Slightly above. Range has been greatly depleted, but he still gets good jumps, good arm, and isn't going to make errors. He's going to make a really nice add for a contender.

                            Comment


                            • Yeah he just made his first error of the year in this series against the Dodgers and it wasn't really his fault because the ball took a weird hop between the grass and the line. I'd deal him ASAP to get the best player back.
                              #Chop


                              sig by BoneKrusher

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                Yeah he just made his first error of the year in this series against the Dodgers and it wasn't really his fault because the ball took a weird hop between the grass and the line. I'd deal him ASAP to get the best player back.

                                I'd deal him no matter what, but now I just question if we can actually get something really valuable back. I was resigned to the fact that we'd just get an alright prospect or two for him, but now I'm starting to think we can get something good.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information