No announcement yet.

MLB Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Might be a little soon with Trout, but guys with elite tools tend to figure it out even if they're rushed up a bit, especially position players. Not a crippling thing to bring him up for a week and then send him to AAA, can be good for development even.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Why start the clock on him if they're just waiting for Bourjos to get better though? It's a bad decision.
      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Scotty D View Post
        Alex Avila.
        On edit: Only 2 years in the minors and less than 600 Ab's.
        Last edited by Giantsfan1080; 07-08-2011, 12:00 PM.
        #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Lack of depth in the outfield? Reward for playing well or meeting some kind of milestone? I don't know. If it's just 30 something odd AB's, I really don't think that can do permanent damage to someone with tools like that. Considering they were likely to promote him to AAA sometime not after the break and he's their best option as far as getting a guy to give you some production. Besides, it's not like he's THAT far off either. He's OPS'ing close to 1.000 with a real good walk rate. Most of the time when a get harmed from early exposure to the bigs it's due to something being wrong with their approach. Trout doesn't have that problem.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by Hines View Post
            Also, no disrespect to the DBacks because they'll have a nice foursome if they sign Baur and Bradley, but I think I'd take Atlanta's foursome over them with Teheran, Minor, Delgado, and Vizcaino. Both clubs have solid young pitching.
            I'd assume somebody has to get shipped out for a hitter or moved to the bullpen, though. With Hanson and Jurrjens, there's simply no room for all 4. Teheran, Hanson, Jurrjens, Minor and Delgado seems like a ridiculous starting rotation, though. I say ship out Vizcaino and some other prospects before his arm falls off for someone who can play in the OF for us.

Comment

• Ok, I'm watching Top 75 Defensive Plays on MLB Network and I am absolutely loving this countdown. So many plays I haven't seen in years.

- Ken Griffey Jr at Tiger Stadium.. absolutely incredible robbery
              - Rey Ordonez was so silky
              - Vladimir Guerrero one hopping the plate with a throw from the rightfield corner at Shea Stadium with NO CROW HOP. He just picked up the ball and threw it. Vladdy the Expo was so unreal
              - Jim Edmonds.
              - Walt Weiss in the playoffs, you've gotta be joking me
              "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Originally posted by djp View Post
                Ok, I'm watching Top 75 Defensive Plays on MLB Network and I am absolutely loving this countdown. So many plays I haven't seen in years.

- Ken Griffey Jr at Tiger Stadium.. absolutely incredible robbery
                - Rey Ordonez was so silky
                - Vladimir Guerrero one hopping the plate with a throw from the rightfield corner at Shea Stadium with NO CROW HOP. He just picked up the ball and threw it. Vladdy the Expo was so unreal
                - Jim Edmonds.
                - Walt Weiss in the playoffs, you've gotta be joking me
                That Griffey play was insane. You don't see it enough. I also remember the Vlad play which had me dumbfounded. Edmonds just made all those diving catches because he got bad jumps.
                #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Roberto Alomar's play in short right was absurd as well.

Dewayne Wise's catch.. even as a Twins fan, gotta give credit. Insane.

They just showed Endy Chavez' catch too. Ridiculous
                  "Compadres, it is imperative that we crush the freedom fighters before the start of the rainy season. And remember, a shiny new donkey for whomever brings me the head of Colonel Montoya."

Comment

• Ok, the other one I wanted to say something about was Brett Butler's robbery and ensuing slow roll, so classic. I wonder if he did that on purpose.

Yeah, #1 has to be this Ozzie Smith play when he was on the Padres.

Comment

• Endy's catch :(
                      #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• I bet that Matthews Jr. catch from a few years ago is up there.

Comment

• I challenge you to find a worse baseball player than Brandon Inge.

Last edited by Xiomera; 07-08-2011, 07:32 PM.
                          R.I.P. L.E.F.
                          "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• Originally posted by Xiomera View Post
                            I challenge you to find a worse baseball player than Brandon Inge.
                            Easy. Chone Figgins. Unless he's so bad it no longer counts at this point.

R.I.P. Junior Seau

Comment

• Originally posted by ElectricEye View Post
                              Easy. Chone Figgins. Unless he's so bad it no longer counts at this point.
                              I'd trade Inge for Chone. Does that answer your question?
                              R.I.P. L.E.F.
                              "I am the one who knocks!"

Comment

• I wouldn't. Chone costs more money and has less power than Electric Eye's girlfriend.

RIP TheManInBlack

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information